LeBrun: Habs want at least a 2nd round pick for Kovalchuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
PRetty low move by MTL , unless Kovi wants out
though that doesn't make sense either . Why would he sign with MTL in the first place then?
Ahhh..... he signed with MTL with the expectation of being traded to a playoff team. Hence league min and two way deal.

The deal was he gets lots of ice time, and they turn a free pickup into a mid round pick.

I think he would be pissed if they didn’t trade him - he wants to play in the playoffs.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
If Habs expects a second for Kovi, Kovi ain’t going to move anywhere.
Then so be it. The market will dictate what he is worth and if its a late round pick then he plays out the season. The fans love him and he’s been somewhat of a bright spot in a dark season.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
What a difference a couple of weeks make!

Kovy's been MIA from the scoresheet the past six games and has seen his ice drop from 21 to 16 minutes over the past three - is he gassed or was his earlier output just unsustainable at his age?

More importantly, do the Habs at this point still think he's worth a 2nd?

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

Kovy's been MIA from the scoresheet the past six games and has seen his ice drop from 21 to 16 minutes over the past three - is he gassed or was his earlier output just unsustainable at his age?

He was signed to replace a few injured players. TOI is down since most are now back.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Obligatory rival fan base fan post:

images

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

More importantly, do the Habs at this point still think he's worth a 2nd?
Canadiens probably keep him. Legs are gone but he is good in dressing room.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Of course he gets traded.

Our offense is back so his TOI drop'd a little but he still get his chances to score everygame.

He wants to play for a cup so they will trade him for a 2nd + a late pick or straight up a 2nd and talk with his agent if he wants to come back next summer for 3rd line and PP TOI

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Kovalchuk and a Rolex Watch (if applicable) for your team's 1st, 2nd and 3rd in 2020. Thank You!

j/k

Teams had an opportunity to sign him for a little cash. Are they really going to give up assets for him now? I mean IDK, doesn't exactly make sense. And honestly, he has not been that impressive lately. We'll see what happens I guess. Or not happens.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Kovalchuk and a Rolex Watch (if applicable) for your team's 1st, 2nd and 3rd in 2020. Thank You!

j/k

Teams had an opportunity to sign him for a little cash. Are they really going to give up assets for him now? I mean IDK, doesn't exactly make sense. And honestly, he has not been that impressive lately. We'll see what happens I guess. Or not happens.

I could see a scenario where it's 2:30 on Monday, there hasn't been any offers over a 3rd, and Bergevin takes that offer.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
@justafan22 -- That sounds very plausible. Second round pick OBO.

This is a good contract for the Habs -- they've had a useful player and anything else they get is all gravy.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
His value has probably dropped to a 3rd, 4th at worst. But who knows with the prices being paid this deadline, he has a cap hit that every team in the league can afford too

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
I could see a playoff team paying a 2nd for Kovalchuk. He's got a very low, 700K cap hit and he's been productive since joining the Habs.
the manager that pays a 2nd for him should get fired, could've had him for free, why would you give a pick for him now hmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad