LeBrun: Habs want at least a 2nd round pick for Kovalchuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Now that he has got some of his old play back, sure, id pay a 2nd from Caps.

Russian connection, maybe some spark and clutch to be found and of course the cap hit makes it easy to just sit him out if it doesnt work.

Late 2nd is not ’substantial’. I wouldnt bet my money on finding a player on late second that scores more goals in NHL than what Kovy will score on the last 20+playoffs games this year. #picks#overvalued

Reactions: Steeler23 and Edgy

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
We've all watched him play. He's slow. He's only capable of one thing.
That one thing is scoring, which is what matters most.

Also, I call bullshit on having watched him play since his trade to the Habs if you think he's slow. Either that or you're just trolling.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Now that he has got some of his old play back, sure, id pay a 2nd from Caps.

Russian connection, maybe some spark and clutch to be found and of course the cap hit makes it easy to just sit him out if it doesnt work.

Late 2nd is not ’substantial’. I wouldnt bet my money on finding a player on late second that scores more goals in NHL than what Kovy will score on the last 20+playoffs games this year. #picks#overvalued
Send me the papers.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He did nothing vs the Bruins, who may have been looking at him. So for a 2nd I think they look for Toffoli who is a lot younger and can be had for that price.

BobJK

Sep 16, 2018
Why do you think tofolli only gets a second? If anything it would be a first or second++

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Bergevin got Kovalchuk and Scandella for a 4th round pick
A month later because the demand increased, he might get back that 4th round pick, as well as two extra 2nd round picks

Market 101 :teach2:

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
I disagree.

He's getting 20 minutes a night, and heavily being played in the offensive zone and the PP, yet he's not really producing anymore. When he put up 9 points in 17 games in LA, he was worth zero. Now he's trending back towards those numbers, despite getting more opportunity in Montreal, yet is now "easily" worth a 2nd?

From the perspective of a Flames fan, if the Flames are giving up a 2nd for a .5 PPG, he'd better be able to contribute in other ways, EX: hits, PK, defensively, faceoffs etc...Not sure that I can say Kovalchuk contributes in any way besides being a trigger man.

He's getting between 15 and 17 a night, not 20, and now that we pushed a few injured players in the line up they moved him down to third line with a struggling Domi. 12 points in 17 games is still pretty good concidering everyone counted him done for when he was in L.A.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think he'll go to either Boston or Colorado. Whichever team loses out on Kreider.

Devils8961

Dec 16, 2017
Friend of mine mentioned to me that Scandella was traded earlier today. I was in a meeting so I couldn't share the news.

But for what it's worth he also mentioned there's been NO offers on Kovalchuk front.

Obviously this could change as it looks like injuries are pilling up around the league.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
If Marco Scandella gets you a 2nd and a conditional 4th, I'd ask big for Kovalchuk.

Think of that.... a sentence involving Marco Scandella including the words "for a second round and conditional 4th round pick".

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Friend of mine mentioned to me that Scandella was traded earlier today. I was in a meeting so I couldn't share the news.

But for what it's worth he also mentioned there's been NO offers on Kovalchuk front.

Obviously this could change as it looks like injuries are pilling up around the league.
my friend hindsight has in fact notified me about all the trades that have occurred. i was just late in responding to his messages

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
He's getting between 15 and 17 a night, not 20, and now that we pushed a few injured players in the line up they moved him down to third line with a struggling Domi. 12 points in 17 games is still pretty good concidering everyone counted him done for when he was in L.A.

You do realize it's very easy for people to look this up. Kovalchuk has averaged 19:20/night. At the time I posted this, he'd had games of 21:22, 21:36, and 20:17. Montreal through the last 2 games has dropped his ice time to 15:45 and 16:54.

He also leads all player on the Canadiens in PP TOI/game at 2:40/game. He's now at 12 points in 19 games. LA gave him away for free at 9 point in 17 games, because he's awful at everything else. A couple more scoreless games, and he'll be back to his LA production, despite the massive increase in playing time and opportunities.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
PRetty low move by MTL , unless Kovi wants out
though that doesn't make sense either . Why would he sign with MTL in the first place then?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If Habs expects a second for Kovi, Kovi ain’t going to move anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad