LeBrun: Habs want at least a 2nd round pick for Kovalchuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Kovalchuk is the most exciting player in MTL since Kovalev.
The clown GM usually just picks up muckers and grinders........no risk deal had him give Kovy a chance, and voila you have a guy who appreciates the 2nd chance!!
Bargain Bin at his finest.

Give Kovy alot of credit for working hard with the Habs.

He should get them a 2nd round pick, and I can see him returning to Montreal on July 1st as a ufa.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
He's gone from PPG to .6 PPG, while getting top line minutes. I'd flip out if my team traded a 2nd.
Stat watching? Guy is dominant, finding a way to produce with every player they play him with. Scored the shootout winner the game before.

If he's traded, he'll get at least a conditional 3rd (becoming a 2nd depending on team performance) and many, many people in these threads saying he'll get a 4th rounder/etc will look silly.

Reactions: Vijo Morganstein

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Many LA fans who bad mouthed him are eating crow now

Kovy has fit like a glove with the Habs and IMO he would be stupid not to re-up with them given how difficult it is to transition and start all over with a new team

he of all people should know this

vlav

Nov 19, 2017
He seems to enjoys playing with Montréal....

1) tell him we will sign him for 1 year July 1st..
2) trade him for a 2-3rd)
3) sign him again july 1st as a UFA...

Reactions: montreal

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Ok, enough with the "lolz we could have had him for free 3 weeks ago" 3rd grade logic.

Teams could have had Giordano, St. Louis, Panarin, etc... for nothing too. Just because you didn't see value in him 3 weeks ago doesn't mean he has no value. It means you screwed up. Get over it.

Reactions: RyderRocks73

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Kovalchuk with McDavid would be insane.

He could go gpg just trailing him for layups

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
A team like Boston may give their 1ST. It's more or less certain to be in the 24-31 range, so why not splash out to run for the Cup again.

2ND is probably more likely though.

Reactions: Edgy

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
He will fetch a 1st if he keeps this level up. An absolute beast with crazy motivation to win the Cup.. With his cap hit it really is a non-brainer

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Ok, enough with the "lolz we could have had him for free 3 weeks ago" 3rd grade logic.

Teams could have had Giordano, St. Louis, Panarin, etc... for nothing too. Just because you didn't see value in him 3 weeks ago doesn't mean he has no value. It means you screwed up. Get over it.

Imagine them trading stock options lol. "This Tesla call was only $800 a week why do you want $6000 for it" :laugh:

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
Many LA fans who bad mouthed him are eating crow now

Kovy has fit like a glove with the Habs and IMO he would be stupid not to re-up with them given how difficult it is to transition and start all over with a new team

he of all people should know this

Of course we are, it's infuriating. We had a coach that didn't like him and ruined any chance he had here. I never talked smack about him though, I knew it wasn't his fault. Oh and we are the team that's paying him, not Montreal. So, yeah we're going to be quite salty, you would be too.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement

Kovy likely picked Mtl because they were desperate with injuries piling up, meaning he would get a lot of quality icetime in the top 6. Guy still has crazy hands and all kinds of wicked shots, slappers, one timers, wristers, guy still has all these elite tools. I can see a playoffs team picking him up if injury happens in the next couple of weeks. Kovy aint a good bottom 6 player though, hes kinda useless without the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad