Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs. Sharks (Tomorrow @ 7PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Lines and pairings this morning:

Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Drouin - Dvorak - Anderson
Hoffman - Brooks - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Perreault - Armia

Romanov - Petry
Chiarot - Savard
Kulak - Niku
Wideman

Montembeault

Paquette not in the Top-12. Wideman the extra defenseman

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadiens98

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Finally, Brooks is on the 3rd line. Hoffman coming back should be a massive boost too but I hope hes not being rushed. No Pacquette was obvious.

I wonder if Niku will replace Wideman

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Finally, Brooks is on the 3rd line. Hoffman coming back should be a massive boost too but I hope hes not being rushed. No Pacquette was obvious.

I wonder if Niku will replace Wideman
I like that Brooks line w Hoffman & Gallagher.

Lekhonen-Evans-Armia would be the best 4th line in the NHL IMO

Reactions: Sterling Archer

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
What do people think about Savard after 3 games with the Habs? As good as what Chiarot/Edmundson brought or worse?

Maybe it's just a matter of getting some kind of chemistry going, but so far the only thing that comes to mind when I see him is 'slow'. Edmundson is, to me, very good as a stay-at-home D, as he plays within his limits, Savard, so far, is below him in quality play, Chiarot though, always tries to overplay everything instead of keeping it simple, so I think him away from Savard would actually help the latter.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So far he has looked better than Chiarot for the first 3 games

I agree. Between the two, I think Savard has looked better. Not that he's looked great either. But if I were to analyze only Chiarot and Savard, I would say Savard has looked better.

When Edmundson comes back, I imagine they'll pair him with Petry. I hope that means Romanov will be on the second pair with Savard. I think Romanov does well when he's paired with a veteran, who can keep him focused. And then Chiarot can be moved to the 3rd pair where he'll either be with Kulak, Niku, and Wideman.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So far he has looked better than Chiarot for the first 3 games

Chiarot's corsi is better and he gets slightly more D zone starts. 3 games is not enough but this is how it looks right now... These two paired together is not something I like. It was a concern of mine the minute we signed Savard. Problem is with Eddy also hurt, we don't have much options

Chiarot:
* 21:52 TOI
* 43% Corsi for with 58.5% of D Zone starts.
* 7.31 hits/60
* 2.74 blocks/60
* 1.82 giveaways/60
* 0.91 takeaways/60
* 3 shots on net
* 6 PIM

Savard:
* 20:29 TOI
* 40% Corsi for with 53.8% of D Zone starts.
* 1.95 hits/60
* 7.81 blocks/60
* 0.97 giveaways/60
* 0.00 takeaways/60
* 5 shots on net
* 0 PIM

Reactions: malcb33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad