GDT: Habs vs Sens Sept 28 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
CJ said he wanted the final pre-season game to be his opening night line up

Great for Poehling, Suzuki and Fleury

Even better for us the Golden Child is finally getting his wake up call - 8 months overdue but better late than never

Reactions: Forum93

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I have a bit of a bad feeling about tonight. Poehling in pretty quickly from his concussion with every motivation to rush his recovery.

The Sens have been gooning it up all preseason and Poehling will be playing against some scrubs for sure. Hope he keeps his head up and same for the rest of the team.

Price should give young Brady the Kreider Wall if he tries to run him Edit: like Kinkaid.

Last edited:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
It's lifted from the Habs's website. This is their idea of what fans should look like: Suites

Since you asked ... and since he's sitting tonight, he might as well join an all too familiar crowd.

k7HlPcM.jpg
LOL

Based on their expressions, it doesn’t look like they’re watching hockey. Midget wrestling, maybe, but not hockey.

Or maybe this:

QuickPoliteHadrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I have a bit of a bad feeling about tonight. Poehling in pretty quickly from his concussion with every motivation to rush his recovery.

The Sens have been gooning it up all preseason and Poehling will be playing against some scrubs for sure. Hope he keeps his head up and same for the rest of the team.

Price should give young Brady the Kreider Wall if he tries to run him again.

Brady was running into Kinkaid all those times that night actually

also Shea Weber wasnt in the line up, Chiarots pretty big too he's been clearing bodies in front relatively well

I share the same sentiment with Poehling a bit however, but at least they arent playing in an arena where the glass doesnt GIVE

Reactions: Canadienna

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Let's hope not...
Worst case scenario would be for him to end up in the bottom 6 early in the year.

He needs to be played in a top 6, heavy pp role until either his play improves, or we trade him.

Playing him like we did down the stretch last year helps no one & just hurts any residual value he has

I think CJ gives him the Galchenyuk treatment of two years ago: shape up or you're not playing. It made Galchenyuk a better player.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
CJ said he wanted the final pre-season game to be his opening night line up

Great for Poehling, Suzuki and Fleury

Even better for us the Golden Child is finally getting his wake up call - 8 months overdue but better late than never

Why? What’s going on with the golden child? Haven’t heard.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I take no pleasure, none, at seing Jo Drouin flounder. He can really be an asset, and I think he’s got plenty to show.

It’s all mental right now, and not in the sense where he’s being a pissy child. I think it’s quite the contrary. My guess is that he gets down on himself because he knows how much better he can be. Some are harder on themselves and can’t get over the hump.

CJ probably knows this and maybe giving him a breather tonight can help him just try to relax and regroup. I wish him the best, for his sake and ours.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Apparently Suzuki is playing on the right of Domi and Lehky according to Montreal Gazette. Finally they try what we've been wanting to see here since the start of camp.

Nick earned his way there, and that should be a really dynamic line. Actually I’m happy with our top 2 lines for tonight.

Line 3, aside fromWeal, has mailed it in so far. if Poehling was healthy and had a full camp, would have been interesting battle for that 3rd line spot.

Reactions: DangerDave

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I have the same opinion on preseason in all sports...just want to avoid injuries.

Results are mainly irrelevant as we've seen in the past. Great preseason doesn't mean a great regular season.

But it would be nice to see a pulse tonight.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
I take no pleasure, none, at seing Jo Drouin flounder. He can really be an asset, and I think he’s got plenty to show.

It’s all mental right now, and not in the sense where he’s being a pissy child. I think it’s quite the contrary. My guess is that he gets down on himself because he knows how much better he can be. Some are harder on themselves and can’t get over the hump.

CJ probably knows this and maybe giving him a breather tonight can help him just try to relax and regroup. I wish him the best, for his sake and ours.

There’s a difference between having mental barriers as opposed to having attitude barriers.

Drouin’s been like this since his junior days. He just doesn’t seem to give a shit.

it’s a shame as he is a very talented player but he seems like he’s done.

He quit on this team the last 6 weeks of the season when they needed him to step up.

He quit on this team when he didn’t show up for on ice workouts with the vets, leaders and a dozen or so Habs before training camp. (He should have been the first guy there the way he face planted at the end of season)

He quit on this team the entire preseason, just f***ing mailed it in.

I’m done with Drouin, trade him. We don’t need him.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
So just looked at the lineup tonight...wow no JD.

Looks like the opening night roster. Wonder where he'll fit in.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
There’s a difference between having mental barriers as opposed to having attitude barriers.

Drouin’s been like this since his junior days. He just doesn’t seem to give a ****.

it’s a shame as he is a very talented player but he seems like he’s done.

He quit on this team the last 6 weeks of the season when they needed him to step up.

He quit on this team when he didn’t show up for on ice workouts with the vets, leaders and a dozen or so Habs before training camp. (He should have been the first guy there the way he face planted at the end of season)

He quit on this team the entire preseason, just ****ing mailed it in.

I’m done with Drouin, trade him. We don’t need him.
I see your point; there is history there in TB.

As far as his relationship with the Habs go, the guy seems to want to be here and do well. And vice versa, the brass wants to see him do well. From my perspective, he played C without complaints his first season here and went to the wing and did well for 2/3 of the last season. The wheels feel off after that point.

I think he’a still reeling from that fall off the face of the earth. Like I said, I wish he can put it back together.

Reactions: habergeon and Toene
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad