GDT: Habs vs Sens Sept 28 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
No Drouin tonight. Don't read too much into it. He played quite a few games already. Just a break from all this saga.
Not sure if sarcastic? I want drouin gone before the season starts. Embarrassing player.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not sure if sarcastic? I want drouin gone before the season starts. Embarrassing player.

Whatever reason Drouin is sitting, I'll bet most in here are hoping it's on account of a pending trade call. It's just comforting to entertain the thought.

Reactions: Miller Time

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I wonder how long the patience will last with Drouin should he start the year the way he ended last season...

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Don't know if there's a max number of games, but he's played in what... 5 games? So yeah, that's a lot for pre-season I feel.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Not sarcastic. But it was not my point. I want him out. But I'm not running the show. I'M predicting he won'T be out. Hence what's happening today is not related to a trade. At least that's what I think.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
i thought this was an ad for hsbc. Or something. No one over 30 and uh all sorta same colour. Nice they got the Chinese girl in there. Well done. Is this a joke?

It's lifted from the Habs's website. This is their idea of what fans should look like: Suites

This could quickly become a very bad meme for the habs. Keep going.

Since you asked ... and since he's sitting tonight, he might as well join an all too familiar crowd.

k7HlPcM.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Whatever reason Drouin is sitting, I'll bet most in here are hoping it's on account of a pending trade call. It's just comforting to entertain the thought.

Yeah, I just don't think its a good time to be entertaining the notion of trading him. I don't like him as a player, but I'm aware he's capable (and even proven) of being much better than his last quarter stretch. His value has never been lower, and that's just not smart asset management.

I don't have the numbers infront of me, but it seems to me that drouin has already figured into quite a few games, so thats very likely why he sits for this one.

Having said that, teams generally ice something really close to their opening day lineup for their final preseason tune-up, but for whatever reason, the habs used drouin in each of their last 2 games, and it would be odd for a regular to play 3 exhibitions in a row.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hope they’re not rushing Poehling. Concussion and he’s back already?

It used to be that the rule of thumb was that you have to go one week symptom free before you can resume your training.

I suppose that if he has not had any symptoms since the diagnosis , it's plausible that he should be close to resuming action.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Drouin is out of the lineup because he played in 4-5 preseason games out of the 6 so far. Thats already a lot for a veteran.

There is nothing to read here

Except for 2 facts:

1- No veterans has played as much preseason games.
2- All veterans are playing tonight except him.

The question remains….why this strange usage in the case of Drouin?

Reactions: dinodebino

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I wonder how long the patience will last with Drouin should he start the year the way he ended last season...

He'll be on the 4th line or in the pressbox in no time if that's how he plays.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He'll be on the 4th line or in the pressbox in no time if that's how he plays.

Let's hope not...
Worst case scenario would be for him to end up in the bottom 6 early in the year.

He needs to be played in a top 6, heavy pp role until either his play improves, or we trade him.

Playing him like we did down the stretch last year helps no one & just hurts any residual value he has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad