Pre-Game Talk: Habs Vs Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Has Plekanec ever looked that foolish on a play? In his entire career?

Just imagine the outrage if that was Drouin lol
The problem is Drouin doesn't look that foolish just once in a game. Example: the last game against the Leafs. He was looking foolish throughout the whole game.
You know the saying one bad apple can ruin a barrel well if they don't nip Drouin in the bud he is going ruin the attitude and team work that has this team playing well above their heads and skill level.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
So 4 of the first Centers Kotkaniemi faces in his first 2 NHL Games are John Tavares, Auston Matthews, Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin..

That is MINDblowing lol, 1 year ago he was playing NHL 18 with these guys
Then Anze Kopitar and Jeff Carter, before facing the Penguins again.

Reactions: Redux91

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I'm not sure what more you are expecting from peca. He had a decent preseason, and he's carrying it over so far.

He can play, the question is how he handles a full season. Can he stay relevant and limit the big dips?
I'm not really expecting anything from him, I'm responding to the fact that some people have him automatically pencilled in the line-up over Plekanec when he hasn't really shown much up to this point to have that said. Pleks is older and pretty much done offensively but he's still a reliable shut down guy with literally 1000 games of experience. Peca's played like 3 preseason games and 1 mediocre regular season game with us and now he's the regular 4th line C because he can skate? I don't buy it.

I don't dislike the player, I just haven't seen him much and up to this point he hasn't cemented an everyday role for me. Time will tell.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Bonne Fête Mario et Patrick!
The stork had a pretty good day, 53 years ago.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Droin has not hit his full potential, but he was still one of our most dangerous players last year. Be fair!
He has conditional good moments...he is looking like a real lazy player, who when he feels like it, can turn it on for short periods of time...he an immense amount of talent, and all the tools, but seems to lack something upstairs? His drive is pretty suspect at this time.............let's hope he can get it going, or he will make the clown GM look worse, if that's possible.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Uhm that's what superstars do. Didn't Josi make Karlsson look silly on a goal as well? Peca is a bottom 6 forward and Tavares is a franchise center. It happens.
Mario Lemieux made Ray Bourque look like a clown on at least two (and I think it was three) occassions with highlight reel goals. Bourque looked terrible.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm not really expecting anything from him, I'm responding to the fact that some people have him automatically pencilled in the line-up over Plekanec when he hasn't really shown much up to this point to have that said. Pleks is older and pretty much done offensively but he's still a reliable shut down guy with literally 1000 games of experience. Peca's played like 3 preseason games and 1 mediocre regular season game with us and now he's the regular 4th line C because he can skate? I don't buy it.

I don't dislike the player, I just haven't seen him much and up to this point he hasn't cemented an everyday role for me. Time will tell.
Plekanec is in a group of about 4 or 5 players (Hudon, DLR, Peca, Scherbak) who should all be alternating different spots on the 4th line.

Reactions: Habs Icing

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
He has conditional good moments...he is looking like a real lazy player, who when he feels like it, can turn it on for short periods of time...he an immense amount of talent, and all the tools, but seems to lack something upstairs? His drive is pretty suspect at this time.............let's hope he can get it going, or he will make the clown GM look worse, if that's possible.
I wouldn't expect anyone who's already gotten paid to step it up a notch until his next contract year. Johnny can take it easy on the workout regiment and commitment to the game. They money is already in his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad