Pre-Game Talk: Habs Vs Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Peca is definitely the better player.
There is absolutely nothing you could point to back up that claim, but ok. I’d love for Peca to be a steal for us, but he had a real rough game last night, and Julien would absolutely be justified in pencilling Plekanec into his spot after the loss.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I would keep the same line-up but i would understand Plekanec gets back in...probably Hudon will go eat some of those new hot-dogs and Peca will be put on the wing.

Last game, Drouin and Armia led all forwards for PP time. I would give the first wave to Domi and Kotkaniemi instead.
They were more dangerous, scored a goal and deserve it.

As for Alzner....at some point he will be back in the line-up or it will become a nightmare for Marc Bergevin.

Reactions: Habs Icing

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He doesn't though...at least not anymore

Franchise centers play 20+ mins a game.

You're doing them a favor if you're matching up Plekanec against them because that means he's on the ice as much as their franchise centers are.

Plekanec USED to be a very good center to match up against top lines because he put as much pressure on them to defend, he could still contribute offensively.

He's a one-dimensional player now...

Habs actually held Matthews & Tavares in check at even strength last night...

Matthews scored his first goal on the PP and his 2nd goal was in OT 3 on 3

Tavares scored his goal at even strength on the ONLY shift of the game where he was matched up vs our 4th line.
You have an unhealthy hate for Plekanec lol

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There is absolutely nothing you could point to back up that claim, but ok. I’d love for Peca to be a steal for us, but he had a real rough game last night, and Julien would absolutely be justified in pencilling Plekanec into his spot after the loss.
No he didn't...he had ONE mistake where he happened to be matched up against one of the best players in the world and that player took advantage of it.

Otherwise Hudon-Peca-Shaw were very good.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You have an unhealthy hate for Plekanec lol
There's no hate in that post, find me one derogatory thing I said about him...all i said was just facts.

Unless what you're saying is you're comfortable with a player who was a healthy scratch one game, suiting up as our #1C the next just so he can match up vs Crosby/Malkin.

Danault, Kotkaniemi & Domi were better than Matthews, Tavares & Kadri at even strength last night.

If you didn't see that, i'm wondering what game you watched.

Hell 18yr old Kotkaniemi had a 68.4 CF% last night!

Reactions: Habs Icing

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
There's no hate in that post, find me one derogatory thing I said about him...all i said was just facts.

Unless what you're saying is you're comfortable with a player who was a healthy scratch one game, suiting up as our #1C the next just so he can match up vs Crosby/Malkin.

Danault, Kotkaniemi & Domi were better than Matthews, Tavares & Kadri at even strength last night.

If you didn't see that, i'm wondering what game you watched.

Hell 18yr old Kotkaniemi had a 68.4 CF% last night!
All I’m saying is CJ would be justified in having Plekanec step in for Peca. That’s it.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I'm not ready to eat some crow yet... but what I saw from Domi last night was pleasing!
He played well enough for me to look up crow pie recipes on pintrest :sarcasm::sarcasm: still need a larger sample before I start buying the ingredients to make said pie... so far so good thou...
This is refreshing somebody willing to change their opinion! Usually guys take a stance and dig in deep no matter what!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
All I’m saying is CJ would be justified in having Plekanec step in for Peca. That’s it.
Based on last night and that one play?

Meh, JT is a superstar and he made a superstar play. That's why every team, including the Habs wwe wanted him.

To suggest the outcome would of been different if we played our 35yr old healthy scratched 4th line C, seems like a stretch.

That being said...they struggled in faceoffs and his 1000th game is coming up.

So by all means...play him

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Am I the only one that liked Peca's game? He was fast made smart decisions, laid out a nice hit.. the play where he gloved down the puck and made a quick pass in the offensive zone was nice.
He played alright. He just hasn't done anything since he's arrived that screams "every day player" to me yet and people are already calling him better than Plekanec. Like I mentioned in a previous post, he's fast as hell but so was Bournival.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Based on last night and that one play?

Meh, JT is a superstar and he made a superstar play. That's why every team, including the Habs wwe wanted him.

To suggest the outcome would of been different if we played our 35yr old healthy scratched 4th line C, seems like a stretch.

That being said...they struggled in faceoffs and his 1000th game is coming up.

So by all means...play him

Sens should have benched Karlsson right away and put in Chris Phillips!

Reactions: 417

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Definitely? Eh. Jury's still out on that one. Faster, for sure. But then again, Bournival was fast too but not much else.

I'm still waiting to see something worthwhile from Peca.

His paycheck? The signed him for one reason, he told them he could play C. That's it.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Definitely? Eh. Jury's still out on that one. Faster, for sure. But then again, Bournival was fast too but not much else.

I'm still waiting to see something worthwhile from Peca.

He scored in the scrimmage on a breakaway when the other team went to the bench for a change.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
No he didn't...he had ONE mistake where he happened to be matched up against one of the best players in the world and that player took advantage of it.

Otherwise Hudon-Peca-Shaw were very good.

No, I recall that he had some giveaways as well.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
If Peca had a rough match then how would you describe Drouin's? JD is the one that needs to sit and not Peca.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
If Peca had a rough match then how would you describe Drouin's? JD is the one that needs to sit and not Peca.

Drouin needs to be moved on another line with more complementary players, certainly not to be scratched.

And honestly I could live with the current lines for a few more games.

I don't miss Pleks one second anyway.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I forgot plek is two games away from 1000 and not one. I could see him drawing in.

Peca was fine last night. I like his potential, and he looks more suited to the current version of the league than bournival was to the league when he was around. He could easily sit for turtleneck plek though.

On the powerplay Domi and Kotkaniemi should have the first wave. Let Drouin QB the second wave and face lesser PKers. JD needs to simplify and stop overthinking his decisions. When he slows up to think he loses his explosiveness. I'd rather see a volume of chances from him than a few really pretty ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad