Pre-Game Talk: Habs Vs Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Definitely? Eh. Jury's still out on that one. Faster, for sure. But then again, Bournival was fast too but not much else.

I'm still waiting to see something worthwhile from Peca.

I'm not sure what more you are expecting from peca. He had a decent preseason, and he's carrying it over so far.

He can play, the question is how he handles a full season. Can he stay relevant and limit the big dips?

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Yup.

He's so good he makes losing actually fun :laugh:
I love this kid, Marinaro was talking with his dad today and said that his mom will move down to Montreal if they keep him past 9 games, great family, kid was raised right, 100% hockey focused.

I see a superstar in the making. It’s just not normal to be that good at hockey even if he wasn’t a rookie, it’s truly incredible. We need to develop a top level sniper to play on his wing.

We have our number 1 center folks and he will be elite, it’s finally happening to us. He’s so good that even Bergevin couldn’t put a dent in him.

Reactions: HankyZetts

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Oh I got it, it just was terrible. Yes, good players make bad plays too, but the difference is they are good players. A guy like Peca doesn’t have the leash that Karlsson has, that should be obvious.
The point was that superstars can make anyone look foolish... that's why they are so good.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
I didn't like the way Ouellet played (he's slow), my prediction is that Alzner replaces Ouellet.
The Habs were also awful on faceoffs, so Pleky replaces Hudon and centers the 4th line.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I didn't like the way Ouellet played (he's slow), my prediction is that Alzner replaces Ouellet.
The Habs were also awful on faceoffs, so Pleky replaces Hudon and centers the 4th line.
Ouellet just doesn’t have the NHL goods IMO. I’d be more interested to see what we have in Kulak and Olofsson.

Reactions: Tyson

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
And yet Lehkonen gets a free pass for just olaying Matthews through? Drouin had a **** game to be sure, but it's pretty sad how fans on here turn on players...
That would require him to have bought himself some points with the fans beforehand. Lehkonen actually contributes to the team effort and isn't a nuisance on the ice. Get back to me when the same can be said of Drouin.

It's ironic though because he's actually exactly what alot here rather clumsily trashed Subban(and others) for. Just without the talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: mariolemieux66

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If Peca had a rough match then how would you describe Drouin's? JD is the one that needs to sit and not Peca.

Drouin did not have one of his better games, but established NHLers with high end skill don't get benched after one game. Fourth liners getting replaced in situational matchups are much more common. I have no issue with Plekanec playing 11 minutes against the Pens on the road, or if DLR were healthy, having him take on Crosby and Malkin instead of Peca.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Drouin did not have one of his better games, but established NHLers with high end skill don't get benched after one game. Fourth liners getting replaced in situational matchups are much more common. I have no issue with Plekanec playing 11 minutes against the Pens on the road, or if DLR were healthy, having him take on Crosby and Malkin instead of Peca.
It's not one game. It's a whole season and one game. Whether on wing or at center, Drouin has shown his true colours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad