Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
I have a psych exam at 7 (Atlantic time) so hopefully I can finish it in an hour to watch the game. Last night I had an English exam from 7-10pm and I came back to us thrashing the Sabres. Maybe exams are good luck?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not a must win more of a need for a message win. We might play these guys in the 1st round, and if they win the series they'll have a lot of confidence going in. We have to show them those 1st two games were just early season luck. We're the better team. Need to get in their heads.

Another 40-15 shot advantage would be a nice start.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I come in peace.

I hope tomorrow night is a preview of the first round of the playoffs, as it would capture the hearts and minds of the entire country from coast to coast.

Whenever the Leafs and Habs meet, the visitor usually seems to win, so I'll be happy if you guys get home ice advantage.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
I have a psych exam at 7 (Atlantic time) so hopefully I can finish it in an hour to watch the game. Last night I had an English exam from 7-10pm and I came back to us thrashing the Sabres. Maybe exams are good luck?

You need to take some summer courses (in time for the Cup run).

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Have to go to a stag and doe :( maybe ill go a little late;)

Anyway this game should be fun. Two good teams and alot on the line. Lets show em how its done!

4~2 habs.

Eller
Beaulieu
Patch
Bourque

Kessel
Komarov

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
A win over the Leafs who put the Habs a 10 points lead with 7 games left to get home ice advantage. Plus, the Bruins are facing Florida, Carolina and Buffalo in the next 5 games.

The Leafs must have a win to have a chance to get this home-ice (Imagine if the last game of the season decide where the series start...)

Habs win 3-2 in shoutoot.....9 points lead for home ice

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I come in peace.

I hope tomorrow night is a preview of the first round of the playoffs, as it would capture the hearts and minds of the entire country from coast to coast.

Whenever the Leafs and Habs meet, the visitor usually seems to win, so I'll be happy if you guys get home ice advantage.

I think we'll win NE so unless T.O drops I think we'll not be facing you guys in the 1st rnd, although I wish we could.

RealCity

Nov 14, 2008
MontREAL
The leafs think their **** don't stink because they're close to making the playoffs for the first time in 10 years...hysterical

Habtchum*

I am just scared that their big Neandertals will hurt our smaller forwards and best d-men to prepare for the playoffs.

O'Byrne and Bordeleau should had been acquired by Bergevin at the trade deadline.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I come in peace.

It would be cool. No one seems to be mentioning that we could also meet in round-two. The stakes would be even higher, so would my blood pressure...

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Leafs will try to send a message to the softer habs. Moen need to stand up to help Prust. Same for White if he play.

Habtchum*

Leafs will try to send a message to the softer habs. Moen need to stand up to help Prust. Same for White if he play.

I hope Therrien will use White, Weber, Dumont and Blunden tomorrow. Hard to say who should be out. But I would give a " rest" to Markov, Gionta, DD and Gallagher/or Galchenyuk.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Strange bunch of oddballs on the Leafs board. They're working themselves up into a frenzy of Hab-hate over there, re-cooking stale cliches and silly insults, trying to convince themselves they belong in a real playoff rivalry. Not saying the Leafs aren't a good team, but the their fans... hilarious. The reality is that whatever history we have with the team is too old to be worth anything. Rivalry? I'm one of the older guys here and I have no memory of the last time we met in the playoffs. It's easier for me to work up an emotion over Watergate than the Leafs/Habs rivalry. So what's with the faux-hate from their fans? Can they possibly be that jealous of our team, so desperate to join the playoff vibe, so delusional to think that being a fan means being obnoxious?

Really, the only reason I want to beat the Leafs is to muzzle the mooing sounds coming from some of these yokels. It's the fake bravado of a fourteen-year-old who's just had his first beer.

I enjoy sparring with Bruins fans. I have no interest in babysitting Leaf fans.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Leaf fan coming in peace good luck tomorrow, should be a great game! Looks like Grabo wont be playing tomorrow because he has a health issue which sucks because he usually plays good against you guys. Anyways congrats on your awesome season so far!

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
We really need to knock these clowns down a peg, their heads are getting too big now that they have a sniff at the playoffs, lets stop playing with these dummys and stick it to them

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I hope Therrien will use White, Weber, Dumont and Blunden tomorrow. Hard to say who should be out. But I would give a " rest" to Markov, Gionta, DD and Gallagher/or Galchenyuk.

Funny how so many of us fall into this kind of thinking. Truth is the Habs lose to speed, not muscle.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Leaf fan coming in peace good luck tomorrow, should be a great game! Looks like Grabo wont be playing tomorrow because he has a health issue which sucks because he usually plays good against you guys. Anyways congrats on your awesome season so far!

Thanks. Feel free to remind me that there are some mature, nice guys over in your fan base!

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Montreal always loses when they try to play Toronto's or Boston's game. Let them try to skate with us. Leaf's have good team speed, but they don't have the depth of speed we do and we have a one of the best transition games in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad