Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I hope Therrien will use White, Weber, Dumont and Blunden tomorrow. Hard to say who should be out. But I would give a " rest" to Markov, Gionta, DD and Gallagher/or Galchenyuk.

Yeah, if you want Orr and Mclaren to send one each to the hospital while the other two lose us the game because they aren't as good hockey players as the guys getting the bench.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Basically, we win this game, and the chances we face the Leafs in the first round goes down.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
I hope Therrien will use White, Weber, Dumont and Blunden tomorrow. Hard to say who should be out. But I would give a " rest" to Markov, Gionta, DD and Gallagher/or Galchenyuk.

Best way of being beaten both on the scoreboard and on the ice.

We're the better team. We'll beat them our way.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Best way of being beaten both on the scoreboard and on the ice.

We're the better team. We'll beat them our way.

It's not like White is that good at fighting(mediocre, Boychuk is about his ceiling) and I would cry if Yannick Weber, Dumont, and Blunden taken on Orr, Mclaren, and Mark Fraser, especially Weber, because it would not be pretty...

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Strange bunch of oddballs on the Leafs board. They're working themselves up into a frenzy of Hab-hate over there, re-cooking stale cliches and silly insults, trying to convince themselves they belong in a real playoff rivalry. Not saying the Leafs aren't a good team, but the their fans... hilarious. The reality is that whatever history we have with the team is too old to be worth anything. Rivalry? I'm one of the older guys here and I have no memory of the last time we met in the playoffs. It's easier for me to work up an emotion over Watergate than the Leafs/Habs rivalry. So what's with the faux-hate from their fans? Can they possibly be that jealous of our team, so desperate to join the playoff vibe, so delusional to think that being a fan means being obnoxious?

Really, the only reason I want to beat the Leafs is to muzzle the mooing sounds coming from some of these yokels. It's the fake bravado of a fourteen-year-old who's just had his first beer.

I enjoy sparring with Bruins fans. I have no interest in babysitting Leaf fans.

Exactly.

The Leaf team?

Whatever... a good pro hockey team. Business is business.

The Leaf fans?

Some of them (not all) are so hateful its pretty sad.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Basically, we win this game, and the chances we face the Leafs in the first round goes down.

I don't know about that, but if we win this game it would make a heck of a statement this close to the playoffs in case we meet them, and if I'm not mistaken we play them once more still. It's going to be one roller coaster end of season.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Toronto will come and out with something to prove and put pressure on the Habs early. I think it might open it up and allow us another solid 1st period result. We just have to avoid getting sucked into the after the whistle stuff and the physical advantage will disappear. They'll get over aggressive, go to the box, and we'll make them pay. Let's go Habs!

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I come in peace.

I hope tomorrow night is a preview of the first round of the playoffs, as it would capture the hearts and minds of the entire country from coast to coast.

Whenever the Leafs and Habs meet, the visitor usually seems to win, so I'll be happy if you guys get home ice advantage.

Do you really mean this? I can see your point - playing on the road has its advantages too. Less pressure and more disciplined.

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
I doubt Lupul is playing, so that gives a bit of an advantage. If the Habs played their equivalent of Lupul in this game & if the Habs were in the same position standings wise as Toronto, I'd be angry Lupul played. He's a playoff asset. Protect that asset! Unless he's totally healthy, we'll see. Carlye can get something out of nothing if the Leafs play rugged. JVR & Kessel could have a good night. We'll see.

Or, the Killer G's combined with goals from Subban, Ryder & Bourque play havoc on the Leafs. We'll see.

So, to answer the question about tomorrows game, I don't know. :laugh:

We'll see.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
A win against them will go a long ways in ensuring we don't meet them in the first round, since I'm sure they'll hold down the 5-spot until season's end, or no worse than 6th. A loss means the odds we meet go up, and losing 3 out of 4 means we won't want to meet them. This game is pivotal.

EDIT: I just read through their pre-game thread for tomorrow's game. Man, the Smurfs references are insane. And one of us actually went over there and called us divers? I want that guy's CH card revoked. Drives me insane when one of us does that because it only gives the Leafs fans (or Bruins fans, or any other team's fans) the belief that their claims of us being super-divers are legitimate, when really it's just their own blind hate. I'm out of the Leafs board. It's making me angry now (I'd never post there, FYI, angry or not, I'm not a hypocrite :)).

Last edited:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I would of given a 4th round pick for Ryan O'Byrne anyday.
lol, O'Byrne is either the same or worse than Drewiske, if only because DD has a much better shot and offensive awareness, however limited it is.

Big Sexy is overrated because he was just once part of the club and people feel sorry for him being "ruined" by Martin. Of course, then people cite genius Sacco's 19 minutes a night, which tortured Colorado fans every night.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I'm expecting Boston to pass us for the division given their schedule, so it would be (another) amazing feat if we get 2nd. We'll be playing the leafs, twice before the series starts and the last game of the season is against them (not sure if I like so many prep games so close to the actual 7 game series). Anyway, a win would be great mostly for the 2pts, but also to put some doubt in their fans' minds. I'm sure the teams will both come out full force for the series no matter how the season series ends.

Then again, if we snag 2nd I will be incredibly happy. Leaf fans will crap their pants due to fear of the team that went 1-3 against the laughable Habs.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Strange bunch of oddballs on the Leafs board. They're working themselves up into a frenzy of Hab-hate over there, re-cooking stale cliches and silly insults, trying to convince themselves they belong in a real playoff rivalry. Not saying the Leafs aren't a good team, but the their fans... hilarious. The reality is that whatever history we have with the team is too old to be worth anything. Rivalry? I'm one of the older guys here and I have no memory of the last time we met in the playoffs. It's easier for me to work up an emotion over Watergate than the Leafs/Habs rivalry. So what's with the faux-hate from their fans? Can they possibly be that jealous of our team, so desperate to join the playoff vibe, so delusional to think that being a fan means being obnoxious?

Really, the only reason I want to beat the Leafs is to muzzle the mooing sounds coming from some of these yokels. It's the fake bravado of a fourteen-year-old who's just had his first beer.

I enjoy sparring with Bruins fans. I have no interest in babysitting Leaf fans.
I feel the exact same way about this. I have a TON of Leafs fan friends because I live in the Maritimes and we don't have our own team, so I get crapped on all the time by them when we lose to them. And then they go on about the rivalry and all of this... Like you said, what rivalry? I mean yeah, they USED to be "rivals" at some point, like ten years ago even, but now? I HATE the Bruins with a passion, everything about them, but I can at least respect the fact that they have a good team. They are our true rivals, and that rivalry has been heated up because of the many times in the last 10-15 years we've battled in the playoffs.

The Leafs are holding onto the fact that the Habs are "their biggest rivals" but us as Habs fans really know the truth. Big game tomorrow nonetheless though.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Will be interesting to see how this game plays out. A lot Leafs fans think Montreal would be an easy playoff opponent. Would be pretty awesome if we see another puck possession domination like last game.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
The Habs need to play their game. They win the game easily if they play their game.

It's funny Leafs fans want to play the Habs in the first. They're hung up on that 6-0 win and ignoring the rest of the season. They're in for a rude awakening.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
The Habs need to play their game. They win the game easily if they play their game.

It's funny Leafs fans want to play the Habs in the first. They're hung up on that 6-0 win and ignoring the rest of the season. They're in for a rude awakening.

All I keep hearing from leaf fan friends, is how it would be a good series. nothing would make me more happy than a hab shellacking. maybe they'll relax on how amazing and tight a series it would be. that said, habs win a series in 5.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
All I keep hearing from leaf fan friends, is how it would be a good series. nothing would make me more happy than a hab shellacking. maybe they'll relax on how amazing and tight a series it would be. that said, habs win a series in 5.

I'm not super excited to play against them, because if we somehow lose... God damnit we would NEVER hear the end of it.

On the other side, how beautiful would it feel to win 4 in a row 5-0:laugh:

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007

this. not sure what the leafs are thinking, bruins say don't poke the bear ... im pretty sure something along the lines of ''don't poke the flanelle icitte, sti . '' can be used in our case. Leafs went cheap to humiliate the habs at home ... and that's the last win they will have against the habs until at least january next year imho. take it to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->