Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
A win over the Leafs who put the Habs a 10 points lead with 7 games left to get home ice advantage. Plus, the Bruins are facing Florida, Carolina and Buffalo in the next 5 games.

The Leafs must have a win to have a chance to get this home-ice (Imagine if the last game of the season decide where the series start...)

Habs win 3-2 in shoutoot.....9 points lead for home ice

What are you talking about? The leafs have to go 8 0 0 if the Habs play only .500. Its Habs or Bruins in 4th. :shakehead

vfactor

Dec 8, 2009
Montreal
Don't give Kadri space, pressure on Phaneuf and we probably took away Leafs game. Kessel is always dangerous with his shot but he's quite easy to play again. They lost Lupul, probably their best player with Kadri

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
As much as our D is now doing things through committee and keeping it simple, I really miss Emelin. He really does make the opposition think twice about going for that lose puck or even his open ice hits. Not only that, I think he was so key to our transition game. Dammit. I would be feeling very very confident about going into these playoffs if he was still in, provided Gio was taken off the PP (I just don't get it), now I just feel like that missing piece we tried to acquire was acquired, and then we had a huge hole punched in our perfect lineup. Itching to see Diaz. I know Beaulieu is getting a lot of praise, but I'm still not sold on him for this year. Fine, skating well in a blowout vs Buffalo, but I wanna see if he can pull a 2010 Subban.

Tonight's game will be a good first test now that he seems comfortable.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Exactly.

The Leaf team?

Whatever... a good pro hockey team. Business is business.

The Leaf fans?

Some of them (not all) are so hateful its pretty sad.

I hate generalizing about the people who make up fan bases. I kept looking for the normal skew of smart/stupid posts on their board, but the place was drowning in mental illness. It's an isolation ward for violent typists. It's an island of misfit insults. It's a group of pervs redirected from a pain-fetish website. It's not a fan base, it's a bacteria culture.

Ahh... now I feel better.

I feel the exact same way about this. I have a TON of Leafs fan friends because I live in the Maritimes and we don't have our own team, so I get crapped on all the time by them when we lose to them. And then they go on about the rivalry and all of this... Like you said, what rivalry? I mean yeah, they USED to be "rivals" at some point, like ten years ago even, but now? I HATE the Bruins with a passion, everything about them, but I can at least respect the fact that they have a good team. They are our true rivals, and that rivalry has been heated up because of the many times in the last 10-15 years we've battled in the playoffs.

The Leafs are holding onto the fact that the Habs are "their biggest rivals" but us as Habs fans really know the truth. Big game tomorrow nonetheless though.

Dead on. Aside from the amount of times we've jousted with Boston, there's a solid divide between our styles of play. Canadiens are the torch-bearers for fast, skilled hockey, Bruins push the tough, physical pack-mentality. Been like that for decades and our fans have dug in to those mindsets. Even our team colours clash.

Leafs have had their identity for... what... 10 weeks?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Watch for goonery tonight. Carlyle will try to play in the Habs's heads in case of a showdown in the playoffs.

Carlysle is a ****ing idiot. And loaf fans should have a bit more humility for a franchise that hasn't won **** in 45 years + 10 years of no playoffs. they won one 6-0 game and can't keep their collective pie-holes shut about how much better they are than the habs

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Carlysle is a ****ing idiot. And loaf fans should have a bit more humility for a franchise that hasn't won **** in 45 years + 10 years of no playoffs. they won one 6-0 game and can't keep their collective pie-holes shut about how much better they are than the habs

Still, that's how I think it's going to play out tonight. Boston tried to do the same to us a couple of years ago. and the Laffs did it numerous times to the Hens back in the days. I sense Carlyle will do the same here.

Davebo*

Watch for goonery tonight. Carlyle will try to play in the Habs's heads in case of a showdown in the playoffs.

All MT has to tell the troops is "if they goon it up - take the abuse! If they do this in the playoffs our PP will kill them"

Goonery is for the regular season. They'll play us tough, but are they clever enough to play hard and legal? I don't think so...

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Still, that's how I think it's going to play out tonight. Boston tried to do the same to us a couple of years ago. and the Laffs did it numerous times to the Hens back in the days. I sense Carlyle will do the same here.

I agree, and still think habs should've traded for a 13th forward/ enforcer. Orr is a ****ing moron and I think he concussed Bourque. Just need to play a team game, get the lead and punish them on the PP. so their goons sit on the bench. the loafs aren't tough, they dress two goons and Frasor, the pylon

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
All MT has to tell the troops is "if they goon it up - take the abuse! If they do this in the playoffs our PP will kill them"

Goonery is for the regular season. They'll play us tough, but are they clever enough to play hard and legal? I don't think so...

they have one line of two goons. that's it. would've liked to see White in the lineup tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad