Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs. Leafs (Tomorrow @ 7PM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
One defenseman and zero top 6 forwards who were drafted and developed by the organisation in the lineup. Culmination of 13 years of incompetence and where the team is now is exactly where we should expect it to be.
This is exactly what’s been wrong with this org. since the 90’s. We will never, ever win if we do not draft and develop our own stars.

And when I mean stars, I mean stars, not the bottom six offensive and defensive plugs we’ve been producing ( with a few exceptions of course) .

With our resources we should be the very best at it - yet we constantly rank at the bottom, which inevitably falls on the GM who instead of hiring the very best, hires based on whether they previously played for the Habs or whether they were teammates.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Look at what he has to work with in all fairness.
What coach can win with this roster?

Independently of that, when you see his pressers -- how does he strike you? Does he come across as someone who is sharp? That's what the quip was about.

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
This is exactly what’s been wrong with this org. since the 90’s. We will never, ever win if we do not draft and develop our own stars.

And when I mean stars, I mean stars, not the bottom six offensive and defensive plugs we’ve been producing ( with a few exceptions of course) .

With our resources we should be the very best at it - yet we constantly rank at the bottom, which inevitably falls on the GM who instead of hiring the very best, hires based on whether they previously played for the Habs or whether they were teammates.

Exactly. It's inexcusable that the third wealthiest organisation in the league is this incompetent at drafting and development. The resources they have to throw at this problem are practically infinite, yet it doesn't seem to improve and arguably regresses over time. 2007 is the only year in the past 20 where you can say in hindsight they did well.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Exactly. It's inexcusable that the third wealthiest organisation in the league is this incompetent at drafting and development. The resources they have to throw at this problem are practically infinite, yet it doesn't seem to improve and arguably regresses over time. 2007 is the only year in the past 20 where you can say in hindsight they did well.
Which is utterly pathetic, but hey,no worries - changes have been made, and it’s been better the last 3 years ( which is what I was told last year, the year before that, and the year before that , and...)

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
upload_2021-4-11_21-12-26.png

Leafs scouts will have a summer off

Reactions: mattyboy

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I expect a good game tomorrow, I think the trade deadline is tough for some of the players. IF they can stop the stupid penalties, they can deliver a win. The Leafs don't scare anyone, soft, riding a hot goalie.. it always comes to an end.

I just hate our coaching right now, that's the limiting fact for me. Poor line combos, line changes and that PP... its just amazing how bad it is.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I admit I got my hopes up for a second there

But as sucker for pain I will continue watching this slow moving car wreck we call a season

Reactions: habsfan891

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hey, just thinking at loud here, but isn't this MB's first presser after a loss (aside from the Julien firing)? He always seems to pick his spots for this PCs.

Today is TDL, so he always speaks to the media no matter how the team is doing.

But yes, the tendency is they have a PC with MB after a win, even if they were on a losing streak before.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Today is TDL, so he always speaks to the media no matter how the team is doing.

But yes, the tendency is they have a PC with MB after a win, even if they were on a losing streak before.
So questions will be more crunchy. I hope. LOL Who am I kidding.

Reactions: Runner77

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Independently of that, when you see his pressers -- how does he strike you? Does he come across as someone who is sharp? That's what the quip was about.
Some folks don't or can't communicate well. I have no doubt that he is sharp and very capable

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Ducharme's ineptitude and the play of this club have got my brain in a blender.
Like I have said in the past- Dick Irvin Sr, Toe Blake or Scotty Bowman could not figure out this assembled group of illogical players.

This is what happens when a GM has no idea what he is doing from one moment to the next.

You waive Mete and trade for Merrill? What the hell logic goes into someone doing this.

Remember the Tinordi, John Scott, Bartley fiasco? Who does stuff like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad