Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs. Leafs (Tomorrow @ 7PM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
For the first time this season I will purposely not watch.
Why waste time watching them get outclassed....

Habs have 5 games against a Calgary team that they can't beat. Habs may not make the playoffs

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Which goalie gets sunburnt tomorrow? This has 7-0 written all over it Weber and Petry will assist 2 leaf goals

Reactions: Forum93

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Shocking! Only had to get obvious to the point where the TSN commentators were pointing it out for the coach to realize.

Are our coaches this friggin stupid? Alot of armchair Coaches like myself have clamored this for some time? Kulak rushes the puck like Bobby Orr despite not one goal in 94 games and all of a sudden Petry has to play back while watching Kulak rush and kill every play. Should the coaches have told Kulak to play back and allow Petry to play more of an offensive roll?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

No coach can succeed with a group of players who don't compliment each other like this.

Red Fisher use to say "show me the players"

Either too young and not quite ready, too old and slowing down, waiver pickups, throw ins from trades.
I feel for the few new players who are now mired in this colossal disaster that never seems to end.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Shocking! Only had to get obvious to the point where the TSN commentators were pointing it out for the coach to realize.

I'm disappointed Staal played so long at C and many other things took so long. But I guess because we had Julien for so long, I like that at least Ducharme acts much, much more quickly than Julien - and it's not even close.

the lines today:
Tatar/Armia - Danault - Byron
Toffoli - Suzuki - Evans
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Lehkonen - Staal - Perry

Kulak - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Leskinen
Frolik - Mete

Allen
Primeau

I like that KK is back at C.
I like that Staal is on the 4th line (though I think he should be on the wing)
I like that Evans is getting a shot on the wing. I think he might do well there. So hopefully Staal at 4c doesn't cost us the game. If Staal is brutal, Evans will have to go back to 4c.

As for the D, Weber has struggled mightily. Kulak-Weber could be really ugly. I still think Romanov-Weber was the solution until a trade. Kulak-Petry had been good in the past, so I don't really blame Ducharme for trying to spread things out, have Eddy help Weber, with the limited personnel he has...

Not all is perfect, but at least changes, and some positive ones.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Seems Ducharme has corrected the two glaring mistakes he had made with the lineup.

1. Splitting up Petry and Edmondson.

2. trying KK at wing.

While I didn't like KK at the wing, at least it was only very brief. He got a new player in Staal and gave him a shot for a few games. It felt like an eternity. But it was just a few games...

I understand why he broke up Eddy-Petry: he had to find a solution for Weber with what we have, and Kulak-Petry had worked in spurts in the past. But glad he's now going to try to find a different solution for the Weber pairing problem, now that Kulak-Petry are failing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No coach can succeed with a group of players who don't compliment each other like this.

Red Fisher use to say "show me the players"

Either too young and not quite ready, too old and slowing down, waiver pickups, throw ins from trades.
I feel for the few new players who are now mired in this colossal disaster that never seems to end.

This is why I think the top priority is to acquire someone to play Top-4 LD. Because if you are still rotating guys to play with Weber, then you know you don't have the right pieces.

It would be one thing if the Habs did have someone for Weber and got hurt, and now they're trying different players to see if they can hang with him. And I'm not counting Chiarot as that top pair D for Weber. But we know the organization is probably looking at it along those lines. Chiarot will be back at some point and our defense will be fixed.

I hope by tomorrow's deadline, MB proves us wrong and he brings someone of significance on D. But we should prepare ourselves for a depth D acquisition.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
While I didn't like KK at the wing, at least it was only very brief. He got a new player in Staal and gave him a shot for a few games. It felt like an eternity. But it was just a few games...

I understand why he broke up Eddy-Petry: he had to find a solution for Weber with what we have, and Kulak-Petry had worked in spurts in the past. But glad he's now going to try to find a different solution for the Weber pairing problem, now that Kulak-Petry are failing.
Ya I understand the logic of both moves, but I think it’s quite clear both were ultimately mistakes. The Petry-Edmonton split was evident for a while so do wish he realized that mistake earlier. KK mistake he at least has recognized quickly.

Reactions: 26Mats

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm disappointed Staal played so long at C and many other things took so long. But I guess because we had Julien for so long, I like that at least Ducharme acts much, much more quickly than Julien - and it's not even close.

the lines today:
Tatar/Armia - Danault - Byron
Toffoli - Suzuki - Evans
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Lehkonen - Staal - Perry

Kulak - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Leskinen
Frolik - Mete

Allen
Primeau

I like that KK is back at C.
I like that Staal is on the 4th line (though I think he should be on the wing)
I like that Evans is getting a shot on the wing. I think he might do well there. So hopefully Staal at 4c doesn't cost us the game. If Staal is brutal, Evans will have to go back to 4c.

As for the D, Weber has struggled mightily. Kulak-Weber could be really ugly. I still think Romanov-Weber was the solution until a trade. Kulak-Petry had been good in the past, so I don't really blame Ducharme for trying to spread things out, have Eddy help Weber, with the limited personnel he has...

Not all is perfect, but at least changes, and some positive ones.

I would probably swap Evans and Perry, but it doesnt really matter much unless the habs find defensive structure.

It's been cringy to watch, and it's not just the defensemen, it's the defense as a 5 man unit.

When the habs were having success with ducharme, they were able to have more extended shifts in the offensive zone, keeping the pressure in the other end. That' s one way to alleviate the defensive zone issues if they re-establish that presence.

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
I hope by tomorrow's deadline, MB proves us wrong and he brings someone of significance on D. But we should prepare ourselves for a depth D acquisition.
We will see tomorrow how many top4 LD are actually traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad