Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Leafs Now that's hockey.

Who wins and how many games?

• Habs in 4

• Habs in 5

• Habs in 6

• Habs in 7

• Leafs in 4

• Leafs in 5

• Leafs in 6

• Leafs in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
So weird having to wait another 4 days for this series to start while others are already going and some teams were still completing the regular season. What a messed up season!
This won't happen because I can't see Boston losing 4 straight, but they play their 4th game on Friday.

It's a theoretical possibility their series could be over by the time ours barely gets started. Super weird.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Chiarot and Perry watching the uncalled dirtiness in Florida last night:

200w.gif

Chiarot and Perry looking at the Leafs bench after a few wrecks in the D zone:

giphy.gif

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
TSN Lord of the Perm, Craig Button, says Montreal won't win a game. TSN Leaf homer Jeff O'neil says it won't be close, Leafs in 4, Montreal will be outscored and outhit. Sportsnet crew , also paid by the Leafs, says Leafs in 4, Montreal won't know what hit them.

Well if nothing else the boys have motivation to shut up a few people and take them to 7. Would way rather be the underdog. Watch the Leaf's start rolling out in interviews saying 'we aren't taking anything for granted' and the usual nonsense. In their heads they have already moved on to the second round.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Since we are all here and game one starts Thursday. Anyone who suggested Lehkonen should sit. Go ahead and give yourselves a solid :facepalm:.

Reactions: Miller Time

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They can’t have series staggered like that, some teams will have more time to heal, rest and prep.

We will probably have B2B in the second round also and still not get caught up. Canadian teams sure take it up the bung-hole in Betteman’s NHL.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Isn't that KK in the grey jersey ? He's the one looking ready :sarcasm:

yup... and that's the part that will be interesting, and telling, about DD... does he have the cajones to ice the best lineup, even if it means pissing off his boss, or does he do the "safe" thing and focus on making his boss happy while hoping he can fall back on the safety of "going with the proven/experienced vets"...

Reactions: Censored Toad

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I really hope we pull it off. Would be so sweet.

Nobody gives us a hope in hell in this series. Of course it's going to be tough but we can absolutely surprise people here.

But... we MUST stay out of the box.

I stopped caring what others think a long time ago. There's been so many other times that the habs have pulled a series when nobody was giving them a chance.

I can think of 6 big upsets by the habs and I'm only going back about 20 years.

I can't blame them though. Even I have the leafs in 6, and I counted the habs out as well in the other upsets I've mentioned.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
HABS OUT IN 5

the defense needs to play strong and hard in front of Price
can't leave the scoring to anderson.

hit mitchy and nostrils, they can't have free go in habs end.

things that did not happen in the regular season

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I really hope we pull it off. Would be so sweet.

Nobody gives us a hope in hell in this series. Of course it's going to be tough but we can absolutely surprise people here.

But... we MUST stay out of the box.
I believe they will win the series, I even put money down on it and I don't bet with my heart!
I have them winning in 5, but who knows it could be in 4 :DD:DD:DD

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I stopped caring what others think a long time ago. There's been so many other times that the habs have pulled a series when nobody was giving them a chance.

I can think of 6 big upsets by the habs and I'm only going back about 20 years.

I can't blame them though. Even I have the leafs in 6, and I counted the habs out as well in the other upsets I've mentioned.
There have been a few upsets I can think of. 2014 (where I felt we had a really good chance) and last year where I thought we'd get smoked by the Pens. Those were great.

2010 I'd have bet my car on us losing to the Pens and Caps. That was just unreal. I've never been so wrong before. I thought we were going to get smoked in both. I think I put up a thread on here saying how wrong I was... :laugh: If you're going to eat crow, at least it's better when your team has actually won.

This year? I do think we're going to get smoked. Hate to say it but I do. But it's not a certainty. Leafs can be beaten for sure. But we will have to play at our best and hope that the guys coming back are healthy.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
TSN Lord of the Perm, Craig Button, says Montreal won't win a game. TSN Leaf homer Jeff O'neil says it won't be close, Leafs in 4, Montreal will be outscored and outhit. Sportsnet crew , also paid by the Leafs, says Leafs in 4, Montreal won't know what hit them.

Well if nothing else the boys have motivation to shut up a few people and take them to 7. Would way rather be the underdog. Watch the Leaf's start rolling out in interviews saying 'we aren't taking anything for granted' and the usual nonsense. In their heads they have already moved on to the second round.
Can't blame the analysts here. We are the clear underdog. This has nothing to do with homerism.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad