Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Leafs Now that's hockey.

Who wins and how many games?

• Habs in 4

• Habs in 5

• Habs in 6

• Habs in 7

• Leafs in 4

• Leafs in 5

• Leafs in 6

• Leafs in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Does it make sense to limit it to so few and to wait until the 28th?

I mean is putting 8000 people any riskier than 2500 people? You still have thousands of people indoors.

Is May 28th really going to be vastly different than Game 3(May 24th)?
This whole hing is bordering on ludicrous. Did you see the crowds in the states? Haven't heard of any surge of new cases. And can the coaches please remove their masks instead of pulling them down every time they want to talk to a player. You look ridiculous.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I hope they win the series and I have to eat a ton of crow...

I think we will get further whooped as the Laffs weapons & Keefe's last change advantage unleashes hell on Merrill, Staal, Kulak etc.

Let's just get swept in epic blowout fashion and pray it forces Molson's hand to clean house.
LOL I don't think it matters about match up because every line is going to be a new version of my avatar.

One day, hopefully soon. I can take down the mcdumpster fire Avatar. Its there because of Burningbin and I will remove it when he is removed, completely. If he is moved to president or something that isn't a cushy,Go F Yourself kind of position like MT got, I am done with this team. No extension, no promotions, no side ways jobs, I don't want this guy touching anything hab related in the future.

He has done enough damage. Keep his hands off this team.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Remember how they were going to ruin CC by letting him practice with the Habs for a couple weeks missing a couple AHL games....good times.
He scored 2 goals in reg time n 1 in a nothing game.
Future dynamic game breaking talent....I hope so we, need it but it's not like he was perfect out there. Still lots to learn. He plays at home I'm guessing. ( With the series tied at 1 ;))
I don't think he or KK move the needle enough vs. The Leafs to make us that much less a dawg in this series. It's other players who need to step up to win.
Danualt line/ top4 D/ Price have to be the MVPs for Habs to win, not KK or CC JMO.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Does it make sense to limit it to so few and to wait until the 28th?

I mean is putting 8000 people any riskier than 2500 people? You still have thousands of people indoors.
The waiting part doesn't make sense, but herding 8,000 people in and out safely isn't practical and it would take far too long to get everyone seated. 2500 ppl means nice good gaps. That amount of ppl can be split to few groups and use different exits etc.

Last edited:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I can't believe Kulak over Romanov, our youth needs to experience the playoffs. Some act like it's a given we'll make the playoffs moving forward but the last 2 seasons have not been the quality required to make the playoffs under normal circumstances (24th in the league & barely on pace for 85 points).

Reactions: Tuggy

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Y'all know what's funny? Staal over Kotkaniemi. Staal won one cup. When? When he was a 21-year old rookie! A...21... year...old... rookie. Now, when he is 110% finished as a player, he is in over a... 20.. year...old... rookie.

Oh you want more? Cool. Kotkaniemi hasn't played well enough to earn his spot. Blah blah blah. Had a rough second half, blah blah blah. I see.

Kotkaniemi - 5 goals, 15 assists. twenty points. Played out of position with shite linemates.
No Skill Phil! - 5 goals, 19 assists. twenty-four points. This though, is acceptable and while playing top minutes with the teams best players.

FOUR ASSISTS is the difference between the press box and the top line???

Staal. five goals. 8 assists. thirteen points. Plays. He's a -30 this year. He starts.

AT SOME POINT THIS HAS TO MAKE A LITTLE BIT OF SENSE!!!
That and not worrying about the massive 27 games without a goal for one guy, but THAT happened at the start of the season. Phil has proven he is a stand up post season amazingballs centre, just like Staal who up till last year had 3 playoffs in a decade where his team made 5 games each time.
He managed 0 points 5 games for the rangers
He managed 1 Point in 5 games for the wild
He managed 2 points in 5 games for the wild

3 point in ten years with 15 games.

Last year he had 5 points in 4 games-clearly the norm and not an aberration like the other 3 series. This is worse than when we signed a washed up semin.

I'll be watching though
Marner Scores! :tvhappy:

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
That and not worrying about the massive 27 games without a goal for one guy, but THAT happened at the start of the season. Phil has proven he is a stand up post season amazingballs centre, just like Staal who up till last year had 3 playoffs in a decade where his team made 5 games each time.
He managed 0 points 5 games for the rangers
He managed 1 Point in 5 games for the wild
He managed 2 points in 5 games for the wild

3 point in ten years with 15 games.

Last year he had 5 points in 4 games-clearly the norm and not an aberration like the other 3 series. This is worse than when we signed a washed up semin.

I'll be watching though
Marner Scores! :tvhappy:

...but but but veteran leadership or something? This guys (MB, DD) can't even pick the right players to gamble their future on!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't necessarily agree with the decision but I also don't think it's a big head scratcher either.

His NHL career is in its infancy and it appears they want to have him watch (at least) one game from the sidelines before they insert him into the lineup.

However, I think the main reason he is being scratched is to play to one of the few advantages Montreal has over Toronto and that is physical play. If the Canadiens were to have any chance at all of beating Toronto they need to be very physical with them and take advantage of the fact that the Maple Leafs have almost no push back and have a handful of key players that don't respond well to physical play.

Sitting someone like Perry or Armia, for example, to play an undersized guy like Caufield would negate some of that advantage.

I think if the Canadiens were playing any other team in the North in the first round, Caufield would actually be in the lineup for Game 1.
It never makes sense to play Racki over Youngblood.

Edit: And... I'm talking to myself in a locked thread again. What a waste of a good joke.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad