Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs. KKanes (Tomorrow @ 7PM)

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I highly doubt anyone would say no.

If I'm working somewhere and I'm happy, and then another company comes and offers me to make an extra 5 grand a year more than I'm making now, I may say no because I feel fulfilled even though I wouldn't make that extra 5 grand. But if that other company comes and offers me an extra 50 grand a year to what I'm making now, I'm taking the payday.
I am still waiting for my payday.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Youppi ki yay

Oct 3, 2011
NB
So Svechnikov has the same number of goals as our ENTIRE team in HALF the games played.
Cool cool.

I expect a 15-0 loss tonight just for the troll.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm a positive person but I really don't have a good feeling about this one tonight. If the sharks could skate around our D zone like that, imagine the canes

The thing with games like that is players are human. Everyone expect this game to be easy for the Canes and Canes players are not dumb they also expect it to be easier. Yes when talking to the media they will say they can't take the game for granted bla bla bla specially the coach but really they expect the game to be easier than it would be if they were playing against Florida. It's a natural human behavior to feel over confident when facing weaker opposition and nobody even pro are shielded from that. When you expect your team to get destroyed is often when the team actually looks the best. I remember 2-3 years ago when we schooled Stl during the regular season everyone went crazy about it and could not believe it then we lost a game not too long after against one of the worst team.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
This is the thing about this season that puzzle me the most. The guy has never scored 20 goals or did 40 points yet apparently according to some he's somehow a 25 goals and 60 points player. I've even seen a guy pretending he would do between 70 and 90 points. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was on pace for 20 goals but pace is what it is. The biggest mistake one can do is suffering from the Derek Stepan syndrome and thinking pace === actual production. Dvorak is just 25 he could be a late bloomer for sure but there's a vast difference between late bloomer and he's already there. There's no guarantee he will actually bloom he could very well remains a 15-20 goals and 30-40 points guy for the rest of his career. I personally was never impressed by the guy. I like what he can bring on a 3rd line and if i was building a team (which i di not have the skill for) him and Anderson would definitely be guys i would look for to complete my 3rd line or fill a spot as a middle six guy but i feel like both of them are overated. They both could be awesome and be the next Holik and LeClair but until it happens (and it probably wont) it's all a dream. A clear case of expectation versus reality.
I agree 100%. Never liked or disliked him, just another average NHLer. Some fans are pretty optimistic with their crazy point projections. He will never get close to 60 points.

Last edited:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Based on history, this can go two ways...

1) Habs lose a close game
2) Habs get blown out

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
That goes with "missing many key players."
Key players aren't always leaders. I'm talking Captain-like guys. I'm not including Weber here because no one expects him to be back. There are plenty of vets left and the team looks lost. Would Edmunson, Byron and Price make a difference in that regard? I don't know if they're the "stand up in the locker room type". Maybe?
They need to name a Captain. Amongst other things.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Just read KK is looking forward to the boo-birds.

I would like to see the whole crowd, instead of booing, just turn their back on him or do something else creative.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Key players aren't always leaders. I'm talking Captain-like guys. I'm not including Weber here because no one expects him to be back. There are plenty of vets left and the team looks lost. Would Edmunson, Byron and Price make a difference in that regard? I don't know if they're the "stand up in the locker room type". Maybe?
They need to name a Captain. Amongst other things.

Weber and Price absolutely made a difference. Not including Weber is odd. The fact is, he was a leader here, and now he is gone a few months later. Replacing leadership like that quickly is nearly impossible.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Played HS hockey. My Jr. year we were playing our arch rival at their rink. Fans were.booing us so my buddy put his stick between his legs and started to stroke it at their stands. He was suspended for the rest of the season. Was the mid 80s and epic. The whole rink got dead quiet for about 2 seconds lmfao

No way! WTF? Just kids right? still, think if a player on my team ever did something like that I'd probably smack him around some.

Reactions: Forum93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad