Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs. KKanes (Tomorrow @ 7PM)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They should have asked Toffoli what’s his advice for a player dragging behind the play and hurting his team like he is.

It's funny people made a story about this advice. imo it was the wrong advice to begin with. Caufield is a small winger who is not very good defensively. If he develops as a 25 goals and 50 points winger à la Toffoli he wont be very useful. This kind of players are not what you want. He'll have to develop as a 30+ goals and 60+ points winger like Patch to be useful. A good advice would have been you're just 20 kid you'll do mistakes and struggle at time learn from it. Caufield is not the type of player who will be able to spend 12 games without scoring and still help his team. 12 games is a lot.

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
Untitled design (2).jpg

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
It's funny people made a story about this advice. imo it was the wrong advice to begin with. Caufield is a small winger who is not very good defensively. If he develops as a 25 goals and 50 points winger à la Toffoli he wont be very useful. This kind of players are not what you want. He'll have to develop as a 30+ goals and 60+ points winger like Patch to be useful. A good advice would have been you're just 20 kid you'll do mistakes and struggle at time learn from it. Caufield is not the type of player who will be able to spend 12 games without scoring and still help his team. 12 games is a lot.
This is a very good point. In short, Caufield needs to be extremely good with the puck, because no matter what, he will always going to suck without the puck.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
i will be at the game and i will 100% boo him everytime he touches the puck i dont blame him for taking the money but hes not a habs anymore so i could careless about hes feelings

most players run away and take the money
some stay loyal to their team ( Brayden Point )

Fixed it for ya :nod:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The third line screams "coach's doghouse" to me.

Ducharme's notepad:

Hoffman - Suzuki - Gallagher
Drouin - Dvorak - Anderson
Lehkonen - Evans - Armia
The rest

A little unfair to Caufield, though.

The wingers duo make sense though. Drouin, Caufield and Hoffman are all pretty average if not bad defensively. Putting two of them on the same line is probably a recipe for a disaster. I think Caufield is kind of doom to play with Toffoli for now. I'd rather not see Drouin with Gallagher not sure this is a good mix. Two smallish wingers not a big fan at all. I think Drouin and Anderson is a good match. A smallish playmaking winger with a big guy crushing the net. Hoffman and Gallagher makes sense too. Hoffman probably has the best shot of our wingers and Gallaghher is good at deflecting pucks and getting rebounds. Not sure about Caufield and Toffoli but they are both not speedy gonzales and i feel Caufield has to play with Toffoli. The main problem of our offense is the absence of a proper 3rd line center and the fact our defense can't get the puck out of our zone in control. We have only one dman able to generate any kind of offense and it shows. We really should try to get Eichel but MB being MB we probably wont even try. Eichel doesn't have enough kiriktr for him.

Reactions: Marc BergeFan

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
This is a very good point. In short, Caufield needs to be extremely good with the puck, because no matter what, he will always going to suck without the puck.

Caufield-Dvorak-Anderson

Drouin is there for now, but if he falters, this is what I would try.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
If the season starting lineup’s four lines didn’t have chemistry, why would putting the forwards into a blender and coming up with new lines without the benefit of preseason games be any different?

This is a team full of many new players, and missing many key players. Expecting chemistry so quickly is unreasonable.

Reactions: LaP

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Dvorak! He's one of 7 Habs with a point and should be a regular 60-65 pointer according to some. Does everything with a smile on his face, what a steal!

This is the thing about this season that puzzle me the most. The guy has never scored 20 goals or did 40 points yet apparently according to some he's somehow a 25 goals and 60 points player. I've even seen a guy pretending he would do between 70 and 90 points. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was on pace for 20 goals but pace is what it is. The biggest mistake one can do is suffering from the Derek Stepan syndrome and thinking pace === actual production. Dvorak is just 25 he could be a late bloomer for sure but there's a vast difference between late bloomer and he's already there. There's no guarantee he will actually bloom he could very well remains a 15-20 goals and 30-40 points guy for the rest of his career. I personally was never impressed by the guy. I like what he can bring on a 3rd line and if i was building a team (which i di not have the skill for) him and Anderson would definitely be guys i would look for to complete my 3rd line or fill a spot as a middle six guy but i feel like both of them are overated. They both could be awesome and be the next Holik and LeClair but until it happens (and it probably wont) it's all a dream. A clear case of expectation versus reality.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This will be a very tough game to win. I fully expect Carolina to want it just as much as we do. Not good for us given just how disorganized every aspect of our game currently is. :eek:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Com'on man, how can anyone hate Bambi, just look at that goofy smile.:sarcasm: Anyways, regarding boos for Bambi, the team knows KK was in his right to go to Carolina for the way he was disrespected in the playoffs by the coach and GM and no way he can refuse that amount of coin. Boos for Habs by Habs fans doesn't work for motivation, highly doubt boos for Bambi motivates them too.

cut.jpg
Oh that meme of Cartman wasn’t for you. It’s licking KKs tears when he cries from all the booing. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
I'm a positive person but I really don't have a good feeling about this one tonight. If the sharks could skate around our D zone like that, imagine the canes

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm sure all of those things occurred, just not regularly. You need not look to far for weird traditions than our very own NHL. Octopus were thrown every year Detroit went to the playoffs signally how many wins needed to get the cup. Plastic rats were thrown in Florida for many years when Scot Mellanby killed a rat in the dressing room. Hats are thrown on the ice everytime a player scores 3 goals in a game. In Edmonton, during the Pocklington era, fans would routinely throw processed meats and scarecrows on the ice after Pock sold Gretzky. They even hoisted a scarecrow outside the arena and lit it on fire. I played 3 years for Kippenheimweiller in Germany which was a tier 3 team.

Traditions are one thing but I'm talking specifically about fan behaviour when they target an opposing player/fans with KK coming back to town.

Fan culture outside of North America is alot more tribal in general. My intention is not to say (nor did I ever claim) that the events I listed are an everyday occurrence, but rather to show what lengths they will go to exhibit their discontent of the opposition.

When Canada goes to the central American nations, the fans will gather around their hotel overnight and just make as much noise as possible, and disrupt their sleep. It's behaviour that probably wouldn't be tolerated in North America but it would be considered gamesmanship in other areas.

There are specific matchups which consistently require a large riot police presence outside of North America, and that's certainly not something we are accustomed to.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Even if we were playing okay, beating the Canes would be a tall order, we will be 0-5 after this one. The Canes will have a field day inside our blueline. 6-1 Carolina.

Reactions: habsfan891

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
As opposing fan who are fun young players to watch for on Habs this year?

Suzuki has some flash to his game. Caufield is struggling but he has some sizzle as well. Romanov plays with alot of energy that can lead to some big hits but he won't do much on the scoreboard side.

But the Habs can't score and can't keep the puck out of their net so far, so you might be more inclined to see these players playing scared to lose rather than showing off their flare.

Reactions: Stickpucker

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Poetic Justice

Canes dismantle the habs with KK leading the way, only to have MB fired directly after the game.

Please make this happen
How about fired between periods? Maybe Habs will send him last year's KK jersey in the mail :naughty:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I wouldn't have said no.

I highly doubt anyone would say no.

If I'm working somewhere and I'm happy, and then another company comes and offers me to make an extra 5 grand a year more than I'm making now, I may say no because I feel fulfilled even though I wouldn't make that extra 5 grand. But if that other company comes and offers me an extra 50 grand a year to what I'm making now, I'm taking the payday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad