Pre-Game Talk: habs vs baaston...price starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If our D gets to play then why not Price? They each played equally bad and will bounce back. I will also add that due to the style Boston plays (dump and chase) the puck handling skills of Price will help us transition much better than we will with Budaj. We will play a strong road game and forget the mess of last night and we will win 3-2.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Habs 4 Bruins 2

Gallagher
Subban
Patches
Eller

Marchand (Hate him!!!!)
Kelly

Price will play ...and play well!

Different team this year... Character team!

Muminek

Jan 20, 2012
Price needs to play. The team has to know where they stand with him. There will be bad games later in the season too, should he sit after each and every one of them? And in the playoffs, a bad game and Habs play Budaj? If Price plays bad again bench him for a while and play the back-up. Price isn`t a rookie and shouldn`t be coddled.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Carey will be in net. If they weren't going to use him in back-to-backs then Buda would have been in net last night.

It was a horrible game for both teams defensively and for both teams goaltenders. Sometimes games get like that. Carey will come back and be calm and rock solid, no worries here.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Price knows he had an awful game. I expect this guy to make up for it with a rock solid match.

Just hope we don't have an open ice game vs Boston. They will kill us if we play like that.

Price will start tomorrow. He'll rebound and he didn't play as much as he should be anyway.

Game is actually today

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Not sure if serious. Everyone agrees Price was **** tonight. That does not mean Price is ****. Allowing seven goals for any NHL goalie is ****, no matter what your D does. Your post is absurd.
It happens. Rask got shelled in Buffalo and the next game, CJ started him and he got a shutout in a 1-0 game. The biggest test for Price (who I love btw) is for him to play tonight and do well. He doesn't have to win, but if he keeps the game close, his confidence won't drop like it would if you don't start him.

I just hope the damn officials keep their whistles in their pockets. Yesterday was so frustrating with all of the "boarding" calls. Both teams got screwed.

Can't wait to see Ryder tonight. I miss him. One of the recent mistakes Chia has made imo.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The question is what D pairings they're going to use. Boullion/Gorges struggled on their off side and Kaberle is likely better asset than Weber at this point.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It happens. Rask got shelled in Buffalo and the next game, CJ started him and he got a shutout in a 1-0 game. The biggest test for Price (who I love btw) is for him to play tonight and do well. He doesn't have to win, but if he keeps the game close, his confidence won't drop like it would if you don't start him.

I just hope the damn officials keep their whistles in their pockets. Yesterday was so frustrating with all of the "boarding" calls. Both teams got screwed.

Can't wait to see Ryder tonight. I miss him. One of the recent mistakes Chia has made imo.

Agree on all points.

It would be interesting to build a team with players who've played for both Montreal and Boston. We talk about this guy being a 'Bruin' and that guy being a 'Hab', but they're all really temp employees. Gill and Kaberle on D, Ryder, Recchi and Pouliot up front, Julien behind the bench. Not a bad idea for a separate thread, actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad