Pre-Game Talk: habs vs baaston...price starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
ABSOLUTELY. There's just no way that Price plays 2 bad games like that. And if you remove him after this ****** one....what kind of message is that sending.

Price starts NO DOUBT in my mind.

Especially given Price's tendency to bounce back strong after a sub par game. You'd be foolish not to start him (barring injury/health issue).

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I'd still go with Price personally... I don't have much faith in Budaj, especially against a team like Boston.

this is contradictive...

Budaj has been consistent.. price.. IMHO is one of the most inconsistent goalies around... but has amazing athletic/shotblocking abilites..

Put gorges in nets * :P

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
I'm not as confident in saying Price should start after tonight's huge stinker, but he's still our best option, no offense to Budaj obviously. Roll with him but keep him on a shorter leash if things get out of hand again.

In a game like tomorrow's, you need to play your best card, and that's Price.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I'm not as confident in saying Price should start after tonight's huge stinker, but he's still our best option, no offense to Budaj obviously. Roll with him but keep him on a shorter leash if things get out of hand again.

In a game like tomorrow's, you need to play your best card, and that's Price.

+1 but price hasn't really been tested all that much this year...

Price gobbled up almost every shot tonight except 7... and those 7 were flat out the defensive zone teams fault...

Tonight was NOT prices fault.

Maelpj*

Price gobbled up almost every shot tonight except 7... and those 7 were flat out the defensive zone teams fault...

Wow can you image if we didn't have our top 3 goaler in front of the net tonight? The score would of been what, 14-6 Pens?

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal

Not saying it was his fault, but the team bailed him out tonight, plain and simple. He needs to be better. Defensive zone mistakes or not, he's there to clean up after most of those mistakes.

That's my take on it. No way Price should be getting a pass anymore; he's being compensated like a top goalie and games like this aren't acceptable by any top goalie, and I'd say the same if I was a Rangers or Predators fan and Lundqvist/Rinne put up a performance like this.

Fortunately I'm extremely confident he'll have a great game tomorrow.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Hopefully. They are the ones making the difference. Our goaler will surely not steal a game for us this year.

Good teams win together and lose together.

No such thing as bailing out.

Tonights game had alot of goals.. wtf do you guys want.. 1-0 game?

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
I'd go with Price, he generally bounce back pretty well after a poor game. I'm hopping for a win but I don't know.. 10 games in a row with at least 1 pt. The odds are against us but I'll say a 3-2 win anyway cause I'm an optimistic person. :)

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Not saying it was his fault, but the team bailed him out tonight, plain and simple. He needs to be better. Defensive zone mistakes or not, he's there to clean up after most of those mistakes.

That's my take on it. No way Price should be getting a pass anymore; he's being compensated like a top goalie and games like this aren't acceptable by any top goalie, and I'd say the same if I was a Rangers or Predators fan and Lundqvist/Rinne put up a performance like this.

Fortunately I'm extremely confident he'll have a great game tomorrow.

Well, I actually think price bailed the guys in front of him out tonight because if you watched the game and actually saw the quality of the scoring chances pittsburgh had vs the quality of the ones montreal had... The game could have been 7-2 pitty..

But a goal is a goal dirty or fancy..

I Can tell when price is going to have an off night just by the way he moves.

When price is off my gut usually gets scared when ANYBODY touches the puck lol.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I'd go with Price, he generally bounce back pretty well after a poor game. I'm hopping for a win but I don't know.. 10 games in a row with at least 1 pt. The odds are against us but I'll say a 3-2 win anyway cause I'm an optimistic person. :)

What odds?

We have been playing with grit and heart and that is a team effort.

Look at chicago.. points in 21....

We deserve to have points in 10 because we have been well rounded and consistent.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I expect Price to start. Team needs to play much better than they did tonight that's for sure or Bruins will blow us out.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
I agree 100% but I don't know.. It's it Boston, back to back after a crazy game, they're gonna play a borderline physical style.. Maybe odds was not the best word to use, but I could feel more comfortable about this game to say the least. The win would feel great.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Didn't Budaj get a shutout in his last start? :sarcasm:

He will start tomorrow.

I wish we had players like you on our team Pigems. You signed up on this board in February. and have 500 post's. Congrats!. You post at a 16.666666666667 post's per day.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I agree 100% but I don't know.. It's it Boston, back to back after a crazy game, they're gonna play a borderline physical style.. Maybe odds was not the best word to use, but I could feel more comfortable about this game to say the least. The win would feel great.

A win would but ties like tonight are nice too, :) a point is a point and the ultimate goal is the stanley cup :) atleast for one season any way :)

other than that, I want to see galchy progressing and playing very important minutes this short season.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Price played pretty bad tonight, but you don't start Budaj against Boston tomorrow. Biggest game of the year to date, you need your #1 guy in there.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
ABSOLUTELY. There's just no way that Price plays 2 bad games like that. And if you remove him after this ****** one....what kind of message is that sending.

Price starts NO DOUBT in my mind.

I agree. And if Price ***** the bed against Ruins, THEN you rest him a couple of games and let him reflect on life, and goaltending.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

Not sure if serious. Everyone agrees Price was **** tonight. That does not mean Price is ****. Allowing seven goals for any NHL goalie is ****, no matter what your D does. Your post is absurd.

Muminek

Jan 20, 2012
Starts but is on a short leash. Why is Therrien so reluctant to pull him? First Toronto now this.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Positive things from the pit game.

-We were able to match and come close of of out-scoring the most talented offensive team in the league.

-We were able to cover a 2G deficit.

-We seemed to be more convincing in our overall offensive capabilities.

All the other aspects of the game were BS but since we were successful in those areas all year long, it's not something we have to work on but something we have to remember and improving will be easier.

ChuckieG

Feb 9, 2013
Montreal, QC, Canada
Start Price, you always go back to your #1 guy and that's Carey.

This isn't the same goalie we saw embarrassingly cower at any sign of adversity in 08-09. He has matured and he knows he needs to be better.

If we lose tomorrow, I'm willing to bet it won't be on him.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Start Budaj - make Price lose confidence in him

Start Price - tell him that we need and trust him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad