Pre-Game Talk: habs vs baaston...price starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoobMoob

EntertainingasanSTD
Jun 11, 2011
Valhalla
Start Price, the team's gonna wanna make up for hanging him out to dry on a few of those goals tonight and he's gonna wanna make up for the bad ones he let in.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I'm sure Price will play, and that Budaj gets the next game.

Also, didn't Habs make a trade recently? Did our new player play yet?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Not sure if serious. Everyone agrees Price was **** tonight. That does not mean Price is ****. Allowing seven goals for any NHL goalie is ****, no matter what your D does. Your post is absurd.

No, not everyone does.

Really? So if they literally have a shooting gallery for 65 mins with tons of screens for the goalie and either the best player in the game or 1 on 0 chances, you can't score on him 7 times? You could have scored on Price over 15 times, but he made a ton of saves most wouldn't and please. Those chances that the Pens got - It's a joke. And it's not even that we constantly played badly - they were 7 horrible plays that ended up happening. On the last one, the second I saw PAcioretty not having pivoted 2 seconds after he should have, I knew it was just a clear shot from the slot. Top corner shot is a top corner shot.

I would be more worried about whether he's physically able to play a back to back against a team he needs to be lights out in (yes, better than tonight, but tonight was when you are not superman and Price is superman 3/4 times).

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
If I was MTL I would for sure start Price. Big game. Got to see how he can bounce back and perform in these situations. This is how the playoffs will be. Price is good so he should be fine and ready to go. Should be a no brainer I would think.

PricePkPatch*

Habs have 12 players with 10+ pts... a league best.

The 9 players from the first 3 lines + the 3 D.:)

Don't start a thread about this in the main board. Please.

As for tonight; I say send Price back in. He's a competitor, he bounces very well. The whole team will want to bounce back badly.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Budaj gets the nod, back to back games, no need to try and coddle Price. If he's that emotionally fragile, well then.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Well this one I gotta say is a must win. They should not lose against the 2 teams we fear might be better than the habs in the same week end.

Last night was a typical mid season game. Teams lose focus. Tonight it's a matter of making a statement. Play tight, play fast, be opportunistic and it should be fine.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Well this one I gotta say is a must win. They should not lose against the 2 teams we fear might be better than the habs in the same week end.

Last night was a typical mid season game. Teams lose focus. Tonight it's a matter of making a statement. Play tight, play fast, be opportunistic and it should be fine.

I say its more the habs tryed to play someone else's game. Between this one and the game where the leafs thumped the habs, I would think that is enough to teach them to stick to the game plan. I think they start price because of how he rebounds from bad games and the fact that it's short travel and not an afternoon game. Budaj cant handle the net presence of the Bruins IMO. Hell buffalo gave him a tough time with net presence.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'd go back with Price normally, but 2 games in 2 days, flying to Boston, not sure if it's wise to play Price again.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Start Budaj - make Price lose confidence in him

If Price loses confidence in himself because Budaj start the 2nd game in 2 nights after flying in for the start of 6 games in 9 nights...then he wasn't cut out for this job.

Start Price - tell him that we need and trust him

Give him a little pablum, check if his milk is not scalding, make sure to support his head, I kid ! But man listen to yourself, Price isn't your wife or a small child.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'd start Budaj. We have a crazy schedule over the next two weeks. Price had a really poor game and it's a back-to-back. Price can regain his confidence Tuesday on the Island.

I'd also like to get Weber in there, but not sure who would sit. Kaberle was probably our best defenseman last night. Gorges, Bouillon and Subban were all bad and Markov wasn't much better. But it's hard to sit the big-3 and Bouillon has MT's heart in his pocket.

Weber is a Bruin killer though.

12 games, 5 goals, 10 points. A production rate of ~14 1/2 minutes.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Price tired? No way. If anything, he was rusty last night. Unless he's hurt, play him tonight.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Some of you are way too hard on Price. Anyway good luck tonight, huge game for both teams. Claude sat rask yesterday so he could play today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad