Pre-Game Talk: Habs Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Wait...3rd season in the NHL is now make or break? Good thing Price and Gorges weren't held to this standard.

Only 23 years old and in his 3rd NHL season? The same age it took Plekanec to be good enough for the NHL, the same age Desharnais got 1 assist in 6 games as a temporary callup?

Somehow considered an offensive flop for putting up 1 more point in his second year than (admittedly a notably younger rookie) Sean Couturier, a player some fans want to trade Subban for, while playing difficult defensive minutes typically surrounded by grinders?

No excuses!

void

Jan 5, 2006
LOL!

JohnLuTSNMtl:
#Habs practising corner roof daddy accuracy. Not enough HRR in the pot to afford a Shooter Tutor? http://t.co/v0l79sEa

BAqtT2GCcAAn592.jpg

PunkinDrublic*

I just hope we shave someone to protect him....You will see guys like Lucic chasing him down.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto

Lucic eats a few at the end of this video. Not saying Prust is a heavyweight but you don't need one in today's NHL, he can protect teammates while being good enough to play a regular shift.

Last edited:

PunkinDrublic*

Prust, Moen, Armstrong, White... nice to have sandpaper in the lineup.

I agree Tuggy, but i still think we are missing the Steve Mcyntire type player to be there when needed against rivals back to backs.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I agree Tuggy, but i still think we are missing the Steve Mcyntire type player to be there when needed against rivals back to backs.

I'm not a big fan of those types of players to be honest. I don't think there is much place in the NHL anymore for them. You need guys who can play and not just fight.

Eller, Bourque, Cole and Pacioretty can also play a physical game.

True. Noone will call the Habs the biggest and baddest team but they certainly aren't small and soft anymore.

PunkinDrublic*

I'm not a big fan of those types of players to be honest. I don't think there is much place in the NHL anymore for them. You need guys who can play and not just fight.

True. Noone will call the Habs the biggest and baddest team but they certainly aren't small and soft anymore.

You need someone to just be there when needed. When we get chased around by the Thorntons and the Lucic's of this league who think they are the king *****.

Anyhow, i am happy to have MT, because he believes like i do about this type of player.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
One guy ppl keep forgetting is Bouillon when talking about toughness, this guys is one toughest guys on the team, hits hard, good fighter.

Also I think ppl are going to be surprised about how good he can still play at 37 years old. He played about 17min the regular season last year for the Preds, and was a really good for them in the playoffs,

PunkinDrublic*

One guy ppl keep forgetting is Bouillon when talking about toughness, this guys is one toughest guys on the team, hits hard, good fighter.

Also I think ppl are going to be surprised about how good he can still play at 37 years old. He played about 17min the regular season last year for the Preds, and was a really good for them in the playoffs,

Lets hope we don't need him to fight in Philly !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad