Pre-Game Talk: Habs Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
First season in two years he wasn't recovering from a shoulder injury over the summer I believe. He was able to gain muscle instead of rehab

I think that's definitely something that shouldn't be understated. Finally Eller was able to train in the offseason instead of recover which should be huge for him. This team could really use a breakout from him.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I think that's definitely something that shouldn't be understated. Finally Eller was able to train in the offseason instead of recover which should be huge for him. This team could really use a breakout from him.

A bigger Eller is a huge asset. If Galch can stick then I think this team is going to surprise a lot of people. I feel about 85% sure he will.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This is Eller's make-or-break year. Talking about his potential is nice, it's time to start seeing it with some real on-ice production as he enters his third full season. 25 pts in 48 games would be solid.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I'm scared, are you ?

Eller said in an interview yesterday that the actual system is not too different than the last year.
And...
"Commodore rejoindra le reste de l'équipe à Brossard ce matin. Il n'a pas pris de Pejorative Slur dans l'assimilation du système de jeu de Michel Therrien puisque c'est un système identique à celui qui est appliqué chez les Bulldogs de Hamilton."

Habs last year, Bulldogs this year..... I panick ! ;)

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Back from the practice, not much to say, it was pretty quick and only a couple of drills.

Of course I've watched Galchenyuk, he doesn't look out of place, NHL wrist shot and I would really like to see him in NHL action to see what he can do.

Other positive point is Tinordi, good positioning,play the man well and good speed for a 6'6 guy. Really impressed by him today.

Commodore doesn't really belong here IMO.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm scared, are you ?

Eller said in an interview yesterday that the actual system is not too different than the last year.
And...
"Commodore rejoindra le reste de l'équipe à Brossard ce matin. Il n'a pas pris de Pejorative Slur dans l'assimilation du système de jeu de Michel Therrien puisque c'est un système identique à celui qui est appliqué chez les Bulldogs de Hamilton."

Habs last year, Bulldogs this year..... I panick ! ;)

How the system is interpreted and applied is a completely different thing...furthermore, I think teams basically run the same types of systems, there are variations but generally speaking, it's all the same.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
How the system is interpreted and applied is a completely different thing...furthermore, I think teams basically run the same types of systems, there are variations but generally speaking, it's all the same.

Blasphemy!:sarcasm:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
This is Eller's make-or-break year. Talking about his potential is nice, it's time to start seeing it with some real on-ice production as he enters his third full season. 25 pts in 48 games would be solid.

I don't think it's make or break but it would be nice if he could progress to a 0.60 PPGM pace and take a big more defensive/PK assignments. Last year he went from 7 goals in 77 games(0.1 GPG) to 16 in 79 games(0.2 GPG). On a 48 game season I would like 12-16-28.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I've been very pleasantly surprised by Tinordi, both from what I saw in Bulldogs games and reports from camp. We desperately need his size back there.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Back from the practice, not much to say, it was pretty quick and only a couple of drills.
Of course I've watched Galchenyuk, he doesn't look out of place, NHL wrist shot and I would really like to see him in NHL action to see what he can do.

Other positive point is Tinordi, good positioning,play the man well and good speed for a 6'6 guy. Really impressed by him today.

Is that it for the day? I hope they're going to be practicing again...When are they going to play an intrasquad game?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't think it's make or break but it would be nice if he could progress to a 0.60 PPGM pace and take a big more defensive/PK assignments. Last year he went from 7 goals in 77 games(0.1 GPG) to 16 in 79 games(0.2 GPG). On a 48 game season I would like 12-16-28.

I'd like to see Eller and his line take on more matchup duties...take some of the responsibility away from Plekanec and have him focus more on offense.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Wait...3rd season in the NHL is now make or break? Good thing Price and Gorges weren't held to this standard.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

If management only saw this. In the end I don't think he will be around, not unless they move someone else at this point.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site

Those who have followed Galchenyuk in Sarnia and at the WJC will agree that his wrist shot is beyond "NHL wrist shot".

It is world-class.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Galchenyuk apparently just scored another great shootout goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->