Pre-Game Talk: Habs Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytibo

Aug 25, 2011
I didn't read the whole thread, but I would like to know which position Galchenyuk is playing in the camp? Is he LW, RW or Center and who is his linemate?

Thank you

Mue

Oct 20, 2006
I didn't read the whole thread, but I would like to know which position Galchenyuk is playing in the camp? Is he LW, RW or Center and who is his linemate?

Thank you

LW

Gally - Eller - Gionta

Keep in mind Pleks is hurt.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Anybody going to the scrimmage on Thursday or the open practice on Saturday?
I really want to go... Just scared of travelling this far is rush hour and that its already full when I get there.

Well, I also have to convince my wife to let me go while she takes care of the baby lol

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I was planning on going, but after I read it's 'first come-first served' I said forget it.. No way am I going through the zoo for that. It'll probably be on TV. They will easily fill out the Bell Center this Thursday.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Does anybody else find it weird that Eller looks 5 years older compared to last year? So much bigger and even his voice has changed.

Suspicious...

First season in two years he wasn't recovering from a shoulder injury over the summer I believe. He was able to gain muscle instead of rehab

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Considering how Diaz is built, we gain nothing with Diaz not avoiding contact either. Unless Diaz starts doing steroids he's just never going to be able to physically push around other players as well as he can avoid them, and gaining bulk would slow him down anyway.

Believe it or not there is and has always been a place for elusive perimeter players in the NHL as much as there has been big, physical players. I would agree that the Habs have too many of the former on the blueline, but this isn't Ice Hockey for the NES where you can replace the thin fast, player with the fat slow player and balance your team out.

That is my entire point. This team has Diaz, Weber, St-Denis and Kaberle.

Only one of those four should be on this team. They are not what this team needs.

Pick one. They are pretty much interchangeable with regard to their defensive ability. Get rid of the other three.

And never did I want a fat slow player on D. But thanks for making the extreme into an absurd desire that I do not want.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Only one of those four should be on this team. They are not what this team needs.

Pick one. They are pretty much interchangeable with regard to their defensive ability. Get rid of the other three.

And never did I want a fat slow player on D. But thanks for making the extreme into an absurd desire that I do not want.

Well, there will only be two of those players in the line up if PK isn't signed or there's an injury.
Therrien said he's expecting Emelin and Diaz to have progressed, and play better than last year. So if there's slow off the gate, they'll likely get scratched fast. I'm pretty sure his patience with Kaberle will be thin if we remember his comments about him on AC last year as a regular guest there.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

No I was just saying that in Ice Hockey for Nintendo, you get to choose between either the fat guy who hits hard or the skinny guy who skates fast, but in reality every player is different and a defenseman isn't necessarily better than Diaz just because he plays physical. Replacing Diaz with Commodore makes our blue line worse. If this was the Commodore of a few years ago it would be a different story, but Commodore was poor last year and has not shown in the AHL he can still keep up with NHL pace. There's a reason the Bulldogs were able to sign him so easily.

All 4 of those guy you mentioned are tradeable, but at least Diaz and Kaberle have NHL value. The jury is out on Weber and I'd move him before his value decreases since I don't see him playing much this year. St-Denis has little value and is fine for the AHL and as an NHL emergency callup. The D is undersized and that's one reason it's probably going to suck, but we missed out on the free agent market and only have Boullion to show for it.

With Subban, Emelin, Boullion who Therrien will probably start, and to an extent Gorges, all of our pairings should have a guy who doesn't get pushed around very easily, with Kaberle and Diaz fighting for who gets the honor of playing with the cube. The only "soft" pairing I can see is Diaz and Kaberle, which isn't exactly ideal but would see little even strength minutes.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Men... Gal will be IF he is good enough this year. All the hab management are saying the same thing. If he is very bad and make a complete line be awful, was keep him. Imaging how he will feel, and how the players with him will...

Eller line wasn't good last year in defense has a reminber it. Imagine, Gomez seem to be better!

Funny but true: top player play better with top players. If Gally is ready, it should be for the first two lines.

Ouatedephoque

Myron Gaines*

Ouatedephoque

Let me try to explain what he tried to say:

"I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad