Pre-Game Talk: Habs Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I REALLY wish that Emil Lundberg was invited. I still think we should have used our 7th rounder on him. Big kid that has decent numbers in the SEL.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Switched it to Pre-Game Talk.. figured it was before our first game. :laugh:

Anyway, Commodore may get invited, but he won't make the team. Not a chance.

1. Gorges
2. Subban
3. Markov
4. Emelin
5. Diaz
6. Kaberle
7. Weber
8. Bouillon
9. St-Denis

All better options than Commodore.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
As I wrote in one of the other threads, Commodore could barely keep up in the AHL. He will be in the first wave of cuts. Yes, in theory, we need that type of rugged D, but he's done.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I don't see anyway that Commodore would make the team. Habs already have a massive logjam at the bottom pairing section.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I would trade him to the Islanders. A 2nd round pick for him would be fair plus he would form a great pair with Streit.

We are not getting a 2nd for Weber but the Islanders would be a great trading partner since they now have Visnovsky who isn't going to Long Island. I'd be happy with a 3rd which is like a late 2nd when dealing with the Islanders

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
As I wrote in one of the other threads, Commodore could barely keep up in the AHL. He will be in the first wave of cuts. Yes, in theory, we need that type of rugged D, but he's done.

Didn't watch any Bulldogs game since october... thank you for the update. He'll be back in Hamilton then. He can help Tinordi, Beaulieu etc with his NHL exp.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I don't see anyway that Commodore would make the team. Habs already have a massive logjam at the bottom pairing section.

Agreed, 8 guys are ahead of him as we speak IMO but then again Bergevin can always move one and this is also considering a deal for Subban is done in time

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
Kaberle-Bouillon
Diaz-Weber

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012

1. Gorges
2. Subban
3. Markov
4. Emelin
5. Diaz
6. Kaberle
7. Weber
8. Bouillon
9. St-Denis

True.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Didn't watch any Bulldogs game since october... thank you for the update. He'll be back in Hamilton then. He can help Tinordi, Beaulieu etc with his NHL exp.

He might not even be back down there. They only signed him once Pateryn went down with an injury and Pateryn is healthy now, he was skating with the team at practice yesterday.

As for who will be at camp from the Bulldogs. I don't think it matters a ton because there are few spots available, but I really really really hope Leblanc is not brought up. The media will freakout because most of them don't watch Bulldogs games, but it's the right thing to do right now. Let him work on his game down there far away from the media spotlight.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

1. Gorges
2. Subban
3. Markov
4. Emelin
5. Diaz
6. Kaberle
7. Weber
8. Bouillon
9. St-Denis

Are they in order for you? if yes don't you think that Bouillon is better then both Weber and Kaberle after watchin him in the playoff last year?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Are they in order for you? if yes don't you think that Bouillon is better then both Weber and Kaberle after watchin him in the playoff last year?
No they aren't really in order. Or I'd have St-Denis in the Top-6 cause he's my man-crush this year. :laugh:

Kaberle gets a lot of hate here, but he's not THAT bad. Him and Bouillon are about equal in my eyes.

Weber still has potential, but I have no idea if he'll ever reach it. He was incredible for a short stretch of about 10-games last year (or was it the year before?), then just terrible the rest of the way.

As for playoffs. If we're judging on that alone, Weber has been incredible in the playoffs (6 games, 3 goals, 1 assist, +1).

The top-5 is true though. Subban, Gorges, Markov, Emelin and Diaz.

After that, it's really a choose what you want. Scoring yet soft? Kaberle. Maybe scoring, not quite as soft, just as bad defensively? Weber. Solid 2-way game, but not quite strong enough physically? St-Denis. Physical and solid defensively, absolutely zero scoring? Bouillon.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
A lot of people on this boards are against Kaberle but on the third pair with Bouillon or ? and on the PP he could/will be useful until next summer

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I would trade him to the Islanders. A 2nd round pick for him would be fair plus he would form a great pair with Streit.

Besides not being good value for a 2nd rounder, he would make a horrible pair with Streit.

Just because they are from the same country of origin, does not make them a good pair. Streit is arguably a top pair D in NY, going up against the top line in opposing teams. Is Weber?

Could Weber complement the lack of size of Streit vs the bigger forwards in other teams?

Streit, a proven NHL asset. Weber, a pipe dream, a wishful thinking-echo of Streit.

Your idea would be great for the Habs, and a disaster for the NYI. They would have to fall on their heads and be dazed to make that deal.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Besides not being good value for a 2nd rounder, he would make a horrible pair with Streit.

Just because they are from the same country of origin, does not make them a good pair. Streit is arguably a top pair D in NY, going up against the top line in opposing teams. Is Weber?

Could Weber complement the lack of size of Streit vs the bigger forwards in other teams?

Streit, a proven NHL asset. Weber, a pipe dream, a wishful thinking-echo of Streit.

Your idea would be great for the Habs, and a disaster for the NYI. They would have to fall on their heads and be dazed to make that deal.
With ice-time, Weber is a 30-35 point defenseman, at least. I believe he had the best production rate on the team (defense) last year, maybe except Kaberle.

Problem is if he can figure out a way to keep up defensively.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
No they aren't really in order. Or I'd have St-Denis in the Top-6 cause he's my man-crush this year. :laugh:

Kaberle gets a lot of hate here, but he's not THAT bad. Him and Bouillon are about equal in my eyes.

Weber still has potential, but I have no idea if he'll ever reach it. He was incredible for a short stretch of about 10-games last year (or was it the year before?), then just terrible the rest of the way.

As for playoffs. If we're judging on that alone, Weber has been incredible in the playoffs (6 games, 3 goals, 1 assist, +1).

The top-5 is true though. Subban, Gorges, Markov, Emelin and Diaz.

After that, it's really a choose what you want. Scoring yet soft? Kaberle. Maybe scoring, not quite as soft, just as bad defensively? Weber. Solid 2-way game, but not quite strong enough physically? St-Denis. Physical and solid defensively, absolutely zero scoring? Bouillon.

Agree with everything you said and i think that we should send one of Kaberle or Weber to Ottawa for a draft pick. Sens have only 4 healthy defenceman for the reminder of the year(Gonchar-Phillips-Karlsson-Methot). Weber and Kaberle are better then Benoit-Weircoch(?)-Gryba-Blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad