Habs to end 112 year streak as tonights lineup doesn't feature a player from Quebec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto
Never said that. Being French can refer to both cultural identity and/or nationality.

People from France laugh at the notion that Quebecois have the same cultural identity.

Look, French Canadians are definitely French by heritage but they developed their own cultural identity long ago. French is not the same as French Canadian/Quebecois. Especially if you consider how big and different France is. Normandy is almost as different from Provence, as Quebec from Ontario

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
This again? :laugh:

I thought it ended a few days ago, can they not just call up another quebecois player to keep the "streak" intact?
This.

I’m sure I saw a tweet saying they called someone up to keep the record going?

Or is it a Quebec born player every game?

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
What's the streak at for managerial or coaching positions? Feels like as long as I've been alive they've just been rotating through whatever French coaches are available.

Claude Julien is from Ontario.
Jacques Martin is from Ontario.
Randy Cunneyworth is from Ontario.
Bob Gainey is from Ontario.
Luke Richardson is from Ontario.
Kirk Muller is from Ontario.
Sean Burke is from Ontario.
Trevor Timmins is from Ontario.
Rick Dudley is from Ontario.

But yeah, we hire too many people from Quebec... :ha:

Last edited:

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Many many times.
However; how many teams have iced a team, without an Ontarian?
I'll wait...
I would look at some of the Red Wings teams around 2008-2010. For instance, the 08/09 team only had Draper and Maltby as Ontarians among the regulars and both missed games during the season (though probably not at the same time.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
There's been more discussion of the topic here in this thread than throughout Quebec. The answer to this trivia question is "May 10". Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad