Habs to end 112 year streak as tonights lineup doesn't feature a player from Quebec

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
This thread is going to end well, just like the last one that was almost immediately locked.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
We could almost do the opposite thread with the Leafs at some point. Like 50+ seasons without a frenchie. Seems like Toronto rarely draft/sign them. Damphousse, Gauthier, Potvin are the only ones I can name off the top of my head. I haven't verified this at all, just sharing my thoughts and it's not some kind of blame either, please don't take this the wrong way.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Drafting? When you make such a statement, at least know what you're talking about.

Do you even know how many french Canadian player the Habs drafted in the past 10 years?

They drafted Louis LeBlanc simply because the draft was in Montreal. And he was French. I know that was 12 years ago. But still...

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
They drafted Louis LeBlanc simply because the draft was in Montreal. And he was French. I know that was 12 years ago. But still...

They drafted him because he was the BPA at the time, is it so damn hard to believe?

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Are you saying that the Oilers are going to have more Quebec born players tonight than the Canadiens?

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
We could almost do the opposite thread with the Leafs at some point. Like 50+ seasons without a frenchie. Seems like Toronto rarely draft/sign them. Damphousse, Gauthier, Potvin are the only ones I can name off the top of my head. I haven't verified this at all, just sharing my thoughts and it's not some kind of blame either, please don't take this the wrong way.
Freddy Gauthier. Although it looks like they've learnt their lesson.

Reactions: HabsQC and Rude Dog

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Has Toronto ever iced a lineup without one single Ontarian born player?

Not sure all time but recently Ontario has killed Quebec in the amount of hockey players from there demographic. This season alone it was three times as many. In fact apart from the US, Ontario has more active players then any other country. It's pretty hard to find a team without a player from Ontario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad