Post-Game Talk: Habs tank to Sens again

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
He just might be..........systemically the way they play does not seem to work most nights......very strange, that the coaches do not make necessary changes to their gameplan, and play....

Losing to the Sens something like 8 in a row? Total joke....
Remember not so long ago when scalpers practically couldn't give there tickets away for a home game? Were almost there again,nice f#%k you to the fans from the team players.

Reactions: BLONG7

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Where did you think the team would finish this year? Be honest.
What does the standing has to do with showing some efforts and a minimum of execution? It's not about winning or having talent, it's about showing up to play.

Tired? Ottawa played 8 games in 15 days to the Habs 8 in 14.
Lack of talent? Last year team was even more depleted, lower in the standings and most of the players still showed up to play.

Habs had signs since the first puck drop of the season that things were not really going in the right direction despite winning more than expected:
- never ready when the game start (half a season and they still aren't)
- never able to play all 60 minutes (and getting worst)
- lack of execution in the dzone and the PK (regression in both from last year)

And now MSL sound like Keefe and Lambert in his press scrums...

Reactions: 19VJ17

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
if you thinking sinking in the standings is the *wrong direction* for this franchise than i dont know what to tell you guys lol.

You guys want youre cake all while eating it.

Still no ppg player when every other team has them and people want us to continue being competitve lol can't make this up.

If anything losing dach and newhook is a blessing give me another top 10 pick over meaningless wins in January and February any day

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
if you thinking sinking in the standings is the *wrong direction* for this franchise than i dont know what to tell you guys lol.

Still no ppg player when every other team has them and people want us to continue being competitve lol can't make this up.

If anything losing dach and newhook is a blessing give me another top 10 pick over meaningless wins in January and February any day

Agreed.

Bring on the losses damnit.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Agreed.

Bring on the losses damnit.
Slaf is progressing on the top line , Ghule is getting big minutes , even ROY is up and playing decently , I'm not sure what else people want. Newhook and Dach are out and they are 2 of the only 5 relevant forwards on the team going forward with Suzi Slaf and Cole

If people were expecting Anderson Monahan Gallagher and Armia to pick up this teams work load as secondary scoring with newhook and dach out I don't even know what to say

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I don’t mind cheaper tickets
Good one 😂But on a serious note how do you think Kent Hughes made out last night in impressing the high amount of scouts at the game,after all that is crucial to the rebuild right? ,Ayoye !!🙄 and sorry Kent but Allen ain't getting you a bag of used rubbers,give it up buddy.The way these losers are playing they should be sent to Siberia instead of having an all star break.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What does the standing has to do with showing some efforts and a minimum of execution? It's not about winning or having talent, it's about showing up to play.
Then why don’t you answer the question?

It’s about expectations. It’s about roster ability. They have actually played above most people’s expectations this year.

Tired? Ottawa played 8 games in 15 days to the Habs 8 in 14.
Lack of talent? Last year team was even more depleted, lower in the standings and most of the players still showed up to play.
And San Jose beats teams sometimes. That’s how it rolls. I expected us to drop off long ago but the team has overperformed. Us dropping off now is actually later than I thought it would be.

Habs had signs since the first puck drop of the season that things were not really going in the right direction despite winning more than expected:
- never ready when the game start (half a season and they still aren't)
- never able to play all 60 minutes (and getting worst)
- lack of execution in the dzone and the PK (regression in both from last year)

And now MSL sound like Keefe and Lambert in his press scrums...
So again… what did you expect? When we started the year and Dach went down, where did you think we’d finish?

Answer that question honestly and then come back and tell me about how you’re disappointed. If you thought this club was playoff bound, I don’t know what to tell you.

And I also don’t know what to tell you in terms of effort when this club has overperformed until now. We’re in almost every game despite having a crap roster.

If you expected better, I don’t know what to tell you.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
The Habs have a goal differential of -39. That's the worst in the East and 4th worst in the entire NHL. Our record is flattering. It has been propped up with loser points and OT/SO wins. Loses like this should surprise no one.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I reject the lack of talent excuse. They gave up and did not give the 2nd or 3rd effort. Same with the coaches with their puzzling decisions.

Sharks last night; 2 guys on the backcheck jumping, they built off this and won.

• Haha
Reactions: Leto and morhilane

Jul 6, 2016
I actually think that next season Habs are going to be even worse. There is nobody to replace the dead weight.
Dach and Newhook are a good start. But it's gonna need more of course. It will be hard to get rid of Gallagher, Dvorak and or Armia.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

Sorry but what is a blessing for the tank is MSL.....but no blessing for devloppment

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
It’s about expectations. It’s about roster ability. They have actually played above most people’s expectations this year.

C'mon stop with that, the only reason they where in games is BECEAUSE of goaltanding every stats shows that

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I knew this team was not good enough from the very start of the season, but come on, the way they lose rips the heart out of the fans.

We obviously don't have enough quality players and the coaching needs to improve...

But at least give me fire and passion and lose the game 7-5:hit:

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I think they want to help Laval make the playoffs more then win a couple of extra NHL games. Stephens is a good 2-way top 6 C at the AHL level, probably their best.

Fine with me, the stretch till the TDL will be painful because we need to keep roster space free to add cap dumps
If they really want us to win down there they should send back Xhekaj :naughty:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
if we were to redo that Kotkaniemi draft, would you turds want Brady or Hughes?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Slaf demoted to the 3rd line, he was with Monahan and Armia at practice.
Anderson was with CC and Suzuki...

MSL is totally losing it. Going back to something he knows doesn't work after trying it multiple times is something.

edit: Was Suzuki think of the change...

Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Slaf demoted to the 3rd line, he was with Monahan and Armia at practice.
Anderson was with CC and Suzuki...

MSL is totally losing it. Going back to something he knows doesn't work after trying it multiple times is something.

edit: Was Suzuki think of the change...

Not that much of a demotion for Slaf. Monahan and Armia are doing fine. I think it's more to boost Anderson, maybe if he gets better numbers he could be traded.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
C'mon stop with that, the only reason they where in games is BECEAUSE of goaltanding every stats shows that
I totally agree that goaltending has kept us in games and we should be lower in the standings. But the team has been gutsy in fighting back into one goal games. Both things can be true.

Green blueline. Limited talent up front. Key injuries… this is a bottom five team. It would be a bottom five team with any coach.

But the good news is that are younger players are progressing. MSL is doing a great job on that front, and really, that’s all that matters right now.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I knew this team was not good enough from the very start of the season, but come on, the way they lose rips the heart out of the fans.

We obviously don't have enough quality players and the coaching needs to improve...

But at least give me fire and passion and lose the game 7-5:hit:
We lead the league in one goal games…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad