Speculation: Habs summer of changes

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
plz someone kill me. This is not how you rebuild and certainly not how you build a sustainable cup competitive team.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
No one but Oiler fans wants “Nuge”. He isn’t even mentioned in the OP. Over rated and over paid. He’s all yours,to keep, forever.
As for the rest, Chucky alone is worth the 10OA. Patches is an overpayment for that pick.
Maybe you Oil fans should stop over valuing your players.
Might have been high picks once upon a time, but honestly, what have they accomplished since then?

Personally, if I’m GM in Montreal and I’m looking to change things up, get back into the playoffs, and trying to save my job at the same time, I’d also try to fill the biggest need the team has and swing for the fences.
3OA+Pacioretty+Galchenyuk for 10OA+Draisaitl+Klefbom or Nurse

Then you sign JVR off UFA to fill the LW slot opened up from Pacioretty trade and sign Statsny off UFA to fill the 2C position
Oh good lord, first off: No.
I keep hearing reiterations of Patches to Edmonton, which as an oil fan, just seem ridiculous in their own right. We wouldnt be able to resign him, so, moving any amount of assets for him when we are not a cup contender would be so very stupid. The trade you propose is just bat poop crazy. If you guys want to move those two wingers to recoup assets to help your rebuild, fine, but seriously why would we trade a stud 2c(who would automatically be a 1c on your team), two of our best defensemen (one who made great strides the other played injured all year), a top 10 pick, for 1 year of patches, Alex “what is defensive zone coverage?” Galchenyuk, and the 3oa? The best part of the package you are sending us is the 3oa and that alone does not get you Draisaitl. That is delusional.

Reactions: spaghtti

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Everybody agrees it will be a big summer for Montréal organization. Everybody hopes it will be a complete rebuild but i don't think it will be the case with Bergevin as the GM.

Nobody really knows what will happen but MB has the tools to make a big splash. Although, one situation that almost everydody believe will happen is Pacioretty getting traded. I am not so sure about that. What i believe is he will trade Pacioretty OR Galchenyuk, depending who gets him the best return (probably best 1st round pick).

So here is what i think summer could look like for Habs. I know most of Habs fans will see red but remember i'm doing with the premiss Bergevin won't go for a rebuild, not what i hope will happen.

1-Habs 3rd overall pick for Ryan O'Reilly
2-Galchenyuk for Edmonton's 10 overall (draft Kotkaniemi or Veleno)
3-Sign Calvin DeHann to a 5 years, 4M$ per contract
4-Sign Paul Statsny to a 4 years, 6,5M$ per contract
5-Sign Danault to a 5 years, 3,0M$ per contract
6-Trade Benn for a conditionnal pick

Drouin-O'Reilly-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Stastny-Scherbak
Byron-Danault-Lehkonen
Hudon-DLR-Shaw/Deslauriers

Mete-Weber
DeHaan-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Schlemko-Reilly

Price
Niemi

Cap hit of 77,7M$ total.
Wonder if St. Louis would trade Thomas and Jets first for 3rd?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad