Speculation: Habs summer of changes

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Doubt Oilers have any interest in Galchenyuk with his salary, contract status, and sub-20G production in the last two years. As a Habs fan said "Might have been high picks once upon a time, but honestly, what have they accomplished since then?"
Well one has 6 pts less than your great untradeable Nuge since than.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
No one but Oiler fans wants “Nuge”. He isn’t even mentioned in the OP. Over rated and over paid. He’s all yours,to keep, forever.
As for the rest, Chucky alone is worth the 10OA. Patches is an overpayment for that pick.
Maybe you Oil fans should stop over valuing your players.
Might have been high picks once upon a time, but honestly, what have they accomplished since then?

Personally, if I’m GM in Montreal and I’m looking to change things up, get back into the playoffs, and trying to save my job at the same time, I’d also try to fill the biggest need the team has and swing for the fences.
3OA+Pacioretty+Galchenyuk for 10OA+Draisaitl+Klefbom or Nurse

Then you sign JVR off UFA to fill the LW slot opened up from Pacioretty trade and sign Statsny off UFA to fill the 2C position

HAHAHA!! Patches is an OVERPAY?!?!?!

There's a reason he hasn't been traded yet....NO ONE WANTS HIM!!!

I will be laughing hard if he is traded when you see what the rest of the league thinks of him, Patches trade value is 100% a fantasy created by the Montreal media and fans, because they need something to hope for......unfortunatly, to the rest of the NHL, Patches is depth scoring at the deadline, gets you a 2nd if you're lucky.

Gandalf The Habs Fan

Oct 29, 2012
Québec

I will be laughing hard if he is traded when you see what the rest of the league thinks of him, Patches trade value is 100% a fantasy created by the Montreal media and fans, because they need something to hope for......unfortunatly, to the rest of the NHL, Patches is depth scoring at the deadline, gets you a 2nd if you're lucky.

Yeah Plekanec was traded for a 2nd but habs gonna be lucky if they get a 2nd for Pacioretty. What a great post! Really....You don't know much about players value clearly. Pacioretty can easily get a late first at the trade deadline.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Everybody agrees it will be a big summer for Montréal organization. Everybody hopes it will be a complete rebuild but i don't think it will be the case with Bergevin as the GM.

Nobody really knows what will happen but MB has the tools to make a big splash. Although, one situation that almost everydody believe will happen is Pacioretty getting traded. I am not so sure about that. What i believe is he will trade Pacioretty OR Galchenyuk, depending who gets him the best return (probably best 1st round pick).

So here is what i think summer could look like for Habs. I know most of Habs fans will see red but remember i'm doing with the premiss Bergevin won't go for a rebuild, not what i hope will happen.

1-Habs 3rd overall pick for Ryan O'Reilly
2-Galchenyuk for Edmonton's 10 overall (draft Kotkaniemi or Veleno)
3-Sign Calvin DeHann to a 5 years, 4M$ per contract
4-Sign Paul Statsny to a 4 years, 6,5M$ per contract
5-Sign Danault to a 5 years, 3,0M$ per contract
6-Trade Benn for a conditionnal pick

Drouin-O'Reilly-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Stastny-Scherbak
Byron-Danault-Lehkonen
Hudon-DLR-Shaw/Deslauriers

Mete-Weber
DeHaan-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Schlemko-Reilly

Price
Niemi

Cap hit of 77,7M$ total.

From a habs pov, no thanks for the most part.

1. Not interested. ROR is an excellent #2 payed at a #1 level.
2. No thanks.
3. Modestly interested, but I think he gets more than that.
4. Nope. Paul is 32. He is a #2 at best at this point. That's low end #1 money.
5. Qualify him, but he's got work to do if he wants to prove he's worth $3 million a season. Not prepared to give him that at this point.
6. Sure. Or bury him.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
No way we trade 10th for Chucky. Take a hike lol. WE NEED A PPQB RD MORE THAN WINGERS. Idk if people don't understand english but thats what it is. I fail to understand why people don't get that.
Why don’t you relax. It’s a site where people come to to make fake trades.

Reactions: HabsQC

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
The Isles love the player but not what he's asking, Bailey one of our top forwards (71 points and would have led the habs was a free agent too and he took 5M so they think Dehaan wanting over 5 was kinda high. no way he's moving for less than he wants here

Nope, Bailey doesn’t even hit 50 points on that Habs roster.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON

Garbage post.

Pacioretty might be worth a 2nd if the Habs are lucky...

Get over yourself, his value is created by his ability to hit 30+ goals very consistently minus one year, that's not a Montreal media fantasy.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

2. No thanks.
5. Qualify him, but he's got work to do if he wants to prove he's worth $3 million a season. Not prepared to give him that at this point.
6. Sure. Or bury him.

He is the only center Mtl have and put almost 0,5 ppg in the last 2 years. His position and numbers suggest 3,0M$ is pretty good deal for team.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Personally, if I’m GM in Montreal and I’m looking to change things up, get back into the playoffs, and trying to save my job at the same time, I’d also try to fill the biggest need the team has and swing for the fences.
3OA+Pacioretty+Galchenyuk for 10OA+Draisaitl+Klefbom or Nurse

Summary: get back into the playoffs by robbing other teams blind.

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
It amaze me when people think the habs can pull out Draisaitl from EDM... Also, MB would make a huge mistake if he trade the 3rd pick, wont happen

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I don't even know where to begin with this.

Whoever said that ROR/Stastny/de Haan won't turn the team around, is correct. This whole "plan" just reeks of an impatient organization with impatient fans.

Reactions: Colt55

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Everybody agrees it will be a big summer for Montréal organization. Everybody hopes it will be a complete rebuild but i don't think it will be the case with Bergevin as the GM.

Nobody really knows what will happen but MB has the tools to make a big splash. Although, one situation that almost everydody believe will happen is Pacioretty getting traded. I am not so sure about that. What i believe is he will trade Pacioretty OR Galchenyuk, depending who gets him the best return (probably best 1st round pick).

So here is what i think summer could look like for Habs. I know most of Habs fans will see red but remember i'm doing with the premiss Bergevin won't go for a rebuild, not what i hope will happen.

1-Habs 3rd overall pick for Ryan O'Reilly
2-Galchenyuk for Edmonton's 10 overall (draft Kotkaniemi or Veleno)
3-Sign Calvin DeHann to a 5 years, 4M$ per contract
4-Sign Paul Statsny to a 4 years, 6,5M$ per contract
5-Sign Danault to a 5 years, 3,0M$ per contract
6-Trade Benn for a conditionnal pick

Drouin-O'Reilly-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Stastny-Scherbak
Byron-Danault-Lehkonen
Hudon-DLR-Shaw/Deslauriers

Mete-Weber
DeHaan-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Schlemko-Reilly

Price
Niemi

Cap hit of 77,7M$ total.
This roster has a ZERO% chance to compete for a cup.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
I don't even know where to begin with this.

Whoever said that ROR/Stastny/de Haan won't turn the team around, is correct. This whole "plan" just reeks of an impatient organization with impatient fans.
To be fair he stated in the OP that he would do a full rebuild, where these are moves he could see Bergevin doing to compete now.

Habs fans are getting a bit impatient, but that's the territory that comes with MB at the helm, we don't really know what is going to happen next.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Hmm, stupidity knows no bounds. Pacioretty statistically is one of the best goal scorers in the league. Why does that net you just a second rounder?

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
To be fair he stated in the OP that he would do a full rebuild, where these are moves he could see Bergevin doing to compete now.

Habs fans are getting a bit impatient, but that's the territory that comes with MB at the helm, we don't really know what is going to happen next.

A lot of MTL fans "concede" they want to do a full rebuild, but then go on these wild, run-on tangents about compete-now moves they could "see" happening...

Something tells me these fans aren't being completely honest when they say they want a rebuild...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
tough sell. bottom pairing dman with 4.625 x 4 left?
I think the habs would have to eat an equally bad contract

Agreed. Bergevin gave too much term and AAV. Alzner for 3 years at $3M was a much better contract. He trade Beaulieu, kept Benn, Let Markov go and then put himself into a desperate situation in overpaying for Alzner. Also gave him a 7 team NTC too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A lot of MTL fans "concede" they want to do a full rebuild, but then go on these wild, run-on tangents about compete-now moves they could "see" happening...

Something tells me these fans aren't being completely honest when they say they want a rebuild...

I prefer a rebuild on the fly and trying to re-surface in 2/3 years when Price is 32/33 and Weber is 34/35. Doing a full rebuild with Price and Weber is not something that is easy to do. I rather rebuild on the fly but another tank year where we focus on futures and another top 10 pick in 2019 could completely change the perspective in 2 or 3 years from now.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

2. No thanks.
6. Sure. Or bury him.
O'Reilly and Stastny are #2s? No they aren't. You're the Habs. They'd be the best centers you'll have had since Plekanec was in his prime. They're not in a position where they can be too picky. Stastny is probably your best bet at getting one and he'll probably cost a lot to keep the term short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad