Post-Game Talk: Habs Steamroll Wings 7-3 -- Pleky with 1000th NHL game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Hard not to feel good for old Turtleneck, looked like he was a rookie flying out there

As others have said games are funner to watch, I’ve probably watched more already this year than all 2nd half last year

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Wings were missing 4 of their top 6 D guys...do we score 7 if those 4 guys play?

loving the team's effort right now, but alot of people have forgot the Kings game already? We are going to struggle to score goals this year. The season is a long grind...and I think too many people are excited, with such a small sample size of games....but no denying the Habs are in a better place this season, than last, early on.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
On this team he is a 4th liner. Hudon or Lekh should be playing with KK.

I definitely have Hudon, Lehkonen, and Byron ahead of Armia offensively. Armia should be on the 4th line.

I'd also try Hudon with Drouin. But Julien loves Lehkonen, and having a more defensive player with offensive players.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Shaw wasn't bad either. Kotkaniemi had his worst game, maybe he can sit a game.
Definitely wouldn't sit KK, he's gone from playing on instinct to trying to learn a system and do what the coaches ask, that only comes with lots of ice-time and some good and bad games, need to put the investment there and not the Pleks/Shaws of the world

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Wings were missing 4 of their top 6 D guys...do we score 7 if those 4 guys play?

loving the team's effort right now, but alot of people have forgot the Kings game already? We are going to struggle to score goals this year. The season is a long grind...and I think too many people are excited, with such a small sample size of games....but no denying the Habs are in a better place this season, than last, early on.
I mean, the Habs didn't play bad against the kings. It was a bad matchup, kings scored first and just shut it down after. Habs out chanced them big time but they ran into a hot goalie.

Man Purse

Dec 16, 2010
wind river valley
God Benn is garbage.

giphy.gif

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

Teams, even good ones, get shutout.

We played good against the kings, its not like they can score a ton and it's not like years past where a west coast trip meant hoping we could steal a game or two.

So long as the committee keeps scoring, I we will be a fun team to watch. When man mountain comes back our D will be better, it looks like drouin might be turning the corner and the kids have speed.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal

Personnally, I'm just excited that the team is fun to watch. Their tenacity and speed on the forecheck expose teams that have a suspicious defense (Toronto, Pittsburgh, Detroit) but their lack of talent and size will make them easy to shutout for teams who play a more hermetic style (Kings, Blues, etc.).

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Was nice to see all the 4 lines contributing offensively. Good game.

That GDT line might not be the most skilled line out there but they're playing extremely well at even strength.

Gallagher and Tatar were on the ice for 5 goals for and none against while Danault was on the ice for 5 for and 1 against. Probably just a bad change or something...

And that's while facing Crosby, Malkin, Tavares, Matthews, and Kopitar to start the season.

I hope they can keep this up! Go Habs Go!

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I want to see a solid and convincing effort against St. Louis.
I hope Price has a great game so that folks don’t start a goalie controversy.

I have to be honest that I am slightly more confident in Niemi.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
That would imply they have bought into NOT making the playoffs... which is the ultimate goal.
I fully expect that should Tatar do well.. they keep him rather then trade him

Marc isn't exactly known for selling players when they are at peak value....
If we are anywhere near the playoffs, no way MB trades away our guys. He's more likely to trade draft picks for rentals to try and make a run at 8th then he is to trade our guys for assets.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They should but I don't see him getting trade anytime soon because of his 4 years remaining.

Brandon Saad on the verge of being a healthy scratch and Chicago management spoke a couple years ago about how they missed Shaw.
What about a Saad-Shaw swap? Saad has 3 years left at 6 million. I haven't seen him play much recently.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Brandon Saad on the verge of being a healthy scratch and Chicago management spoke a couple years ago about how they missed Shaw.
What about a Saad-Shaw swap? Saad has 3 years left at 6 million. I haven't seen him play much recently.

That would be amazing, byt Bergevin loves Shaw.

Though that whole situation is hard to think about. The Habs could have had Terevainen ...

Reactions: 26Mats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad