Post-Game Talk: Habs Steamroll Wings 7-3 -- Pleky with 1000th NHL game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
When joe Thornton scored 7 points in 55 games in his rookie season was he injured or just a healthy scratch?

Sorry to keep harping on the thornton comparison.

Why didn't henrik sedin score over 50 points till he was 26?

Henrik sedin wasn't the best comparison either.

Zetterberg. What were his coaches doing from age 18-25? Why was he just a 50 point player?

Ryan Getzlaf. Now there is a player. Ppg in his third nhl season, at age 23.

I love when people bring up examples that don't relate to anything, much less between themselves.

So Thornton was a 1st OA, the Sedins were rushed and poorly adapted to the dead puck era and Zetterberg/Getzlaf were properly left to develop by competent management teams.

Is there a point in there somewhere ?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I love when people bring up examples that don't relate to anything, much less between themselves.

So Thornton was a 1st OA, the Sedins were rushed and poorly adapted to the dead puck era and Zetterberg/Getzlaf were properly left to develop by competent management teams.

Is there a point in there somewhere ?
Yes. Some players take patience, especially gangly kids.

Kotka won't be an 18 or 19 year old dynamo. Hell need to build strength (which can't be done in one off-season) and confidence (which comes with playing games, 12 or 18 minutes worth)

He's not a 200lb auston Matthews nor a 190lb nate mackinnon, he's a cerebral player who will take patience.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
1000 NHL games. Only at 983 games in a Habs uniform.

Thanks for the heads up. I've corrected the opening post accordingly.

I was so consumed with trying to put together a golden turtleneck concept, that I got distracted. Got the idea during the game, which is not the best timing.

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The count down is on ..with his point tonight Plekanec now just 36 pts to go to be the 10th all time Habs leading scorer.....I'm sure this will happen...

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is this Osaka? The neon signs over the canals... that's what it reminds me of. More so than Tokyo. Edit: I used to live in Japan; lived 5 years in Tsukuba. I was the original Japan-based poster, going back to 2003. Although my experience in Japan dates back to 1994, and emphasized Kobe and Osaka back then.

Good eye. Yes it is Osaka.

81980444-osaka-japan-april-13-the-glico-man-advertising-billboard-and-other-advertisemant-on-april-13-2016-in.jpg

Looking this up, Dotonbori street and Dotonbori river came up.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Man those Dead Wings are bbbbad. Some people here loved to complain about Subban's theatrics but Drouin is the drama king, his writhing in agony display in the 3rd was embarrassing, great game otherwise by 92.

You've never blocked a shot, have you ?

Sometimes the puck just finds a way to get passed the equipment and hit s nerve, or something.

He also wasn't rolling around trying to draw a penalty, then got up pouring after nothing was called and took a stupid penalty.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
All fair points.

Curiously though, why do you prefer the AHL vs Pori ?

A number of reasons but it's not a knock on the SM-Liiga, which I like a lot. Logistically, being in the AHL means he can be called up if the team needs him sooner than expected. Being in Laval also means he is an hour away from the big club and can get all the attention needed to become a pro. Gets to talk to guys going up and down the NHL. Gets the benefit of complete language immersion at an more optimal age.

There's also the fact I don't really believe it is usually beneficial for adult athletes to be supervised by a parent. I'm sure his father is a good coach and everything but... time for him to cut the cord and learn from other point of views and different authority figures. The fact they flat out asked for the NHL or to go home is already a small alarm bell. That's definitely his father asking for this.

If Kotkaniemi had been a weak thing two years away from the league as originally anticipated by some, I'd be cool with sending him home. But now? Time to fly!

Reactions: Simarino

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
This place is changing folks... Games are fun to watch!

Loved ouellet defending drouin. Drouin started to come out of his shell and show some promise during the last week... Regardless of the context it was a smart intervention. A veteran type of play.

Tatar really hustles. I like him so far. Totally playing like a first liner at the moment and so much more implicated in the play than max ever was.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So Kotkaniemi had his first really bad game. Thought he'd been at least above average up until this point. Let's see how he bounces back from this before making any defenitive statements.

I think he should be getting more PP time, He would be some much better than play Danault. Especially on a 5 on 3.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
This place is changing folks... Games are fun to watch!

Loved ouellet defending drouin. Drouin started to come out of his shell and show some promise during the last week... Regardless of the context it was a smart intervention. A veteran type of play.

Tatar really hustles. I like him so far. Totally playing like a first liner at the moment and so much more implicated in the play than max ever was.

The games are worth watching even if they lose, because at least we know they’re trying out there, and they give a promising future. The youngsters know that this their team. It’s also fun to see the haters (armchair screen dwellers) around here getting frustrated by the Habs winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad