Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Nick Cousins (1 year, $1M AAV)

Jul 6, 2016
I think MB wants to make sure the HFBOARDS got some clicks....

What does this acquisition means ? Peca, Weise, Hudon....OUT

Who else ?

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
My favorite Bergy meme.
upload_2019-7-5_15-11-35.png

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Our 4th line centre competition is now Poehling, Peca, Weal, Thompson, Suzuki, Big Mac, Evans, and Cousins.

There's just too much there even once we fill out Laval.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
It's a pointless signing. We have gazillions of these guys.
Yup.. The only reason to make this move is to trade/move out some contracts.
Too many bodies that are more of the same and replaceable with just about anything.

We don't need more of these we need staples that will anchor the team. Otherwise it does nothing for the team, just more replaceable pieces.

Gallagher/Petry/Weber/Price kind of players is the only thing we need to be thinking now and long term. No space for good icetime for the rookies in Laval either. Smh

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Don't see why this means a trade is coming. Between Gallagher, Tatar, Danault, Drouin, Domi, Byron, Lehkonen, Kotkaniemi, and Armia the top 9 is probably mostly locked in unless there's a bigger move later.

I doubt the team wants Poehling or Suzuki playing on the 4th line, I think the plan there is Laval until injuries open a top 9 role unless they're just too good to send down. That leaves Thompson and Weal as "safe" 4th liners and then guys that either fell out of favour last year (Peca, Hudon, Weise) or AHL dice roles like McCarron/Evans/Varone/Barber. Cousins is just another 4th liner that they're comfortable having around over Weise/Hudon/Varone etc.

That doesn't mean a trade is coming, those are all replacement level players (well, except Hudon but I think the team sees him as replacement level) and if you lose one on waivers in September you can just claim one of the dozens of other replacement level guys.

Jul 6, 2016
Maybe there is no trade, it could also just be an upgrade on Thompson.

Why having re-signed Thompson two months ago ?

"Improvisation" is the word in the case of MB.

Keeping Shaw and DeLo would had not been worse.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
What I get from this signing and the chariot one is that bergevin doesn't want to commit long-term to the ufa players (gardiner, dzingel, ferland, etc.). He's saving spots for caufield, suzuki, romanov, etc.

We couldve easily overpayed for those 3 ufas mentionned above and be a better team the next couple of years, but bergevin chose not to.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
We dont need another smallish forward. Come on berggy. 23 players is the limit. No forget thAt!

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Does this mean that the plan if for Poehling to start in the A? Something I'm not opposed to, but with this insane logjam up front it's looking more and more likely.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Who’s crying man? We don’t need bottom six players
Bergevin could sign David Bolland and you’d defend him .
More cowbell errr I mean 4th liners please
Are you f***ing paying these guys? Why are you whining 24/7?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
1 year and 1 M and people still crying! What is wrong with this world?????

You yesterday:
"OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE! WE HAVE TONS OF YOUNG PLAYERS WHO'LL MAKE UP FOR SHAW'S LOSS! IT'S NO BIG DEAL!"

You today, after this "available spot" has been filled by yet another tweener UFA:
"OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD! IT'S ONLY 1 YEAR and 1 MILLION!!!!!! STOP CRYING!"

Your Bergevin poster's still shiny?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
At this point its just comical with these 4 th line guys
MB should headline the Just for laughs Festival

I don't count Weise, Peca, and Hudon. They didn't get the job done. So actually now we have 14 forwards even if both Suzuki and Poehling make the team.

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Domi Suzuki (too small of a line)
Byron KK Poehling (Byron and KK didn't do much)
Lehkonen Weal Armia
Thompson, Cousins

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Are you ****ing paying these guys? Why are you whining 24/7?
Lol. That’s all you got man
Bergevin is a f***ing idiot. He has no plan
You’re just so in love with him you can’t see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Good pick up.

Drouin-Domi-??
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Byron-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Lehkonen-Cousins-Weal

Thompson, Peca/Weise/Hudon (most likely all in Laval if we go with 13 forwards)

lol. This guy had Puuljujarvi in front of Matthews in his year's draft. He's a clown who only looks for reactions.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You yesterday:
"OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE! WE HAVE TONS OF YOUNG PLAYERS WHO'LL MAKE UP FOR SHAW'S LOSS! IT'S NO BIG DEAL!"

You today, after this "available spot" has been filled by yet another tweener UFA:
"OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD! IT'S ONLY 1 YEAR and 1 MILLION!!!!!! STOP CRYING!"

Your Bergevin poster's still shiny?

Who said this guy is even gonna make the team? Jesus Christ you guys are just something else...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad