Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Nick Cousins (1 year, $1M AAV)

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
This by itself makes no sense at all It has to be part of a bigger move

Bergevin's reign is all about individual moves that are completely unrelated to each other. Nothing new.

This is a move I wouldn't give a damn about if we didn't sign Weal. But we did. So there was no need for Cousins.

All this means is that they want to play Byron on the first line with Domi and Drouin and I don't like that neither.

Shaw -> Cousins
Benn -> Chiarot
Niemi -> Kinkaid

Impressive work... not. As usual, replacing the players we lost instead of trying to improve the team.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Or this is the Plan B with Carolina.
Swing and a miss so time to fill with players that MIGHT fit in the top 9. Out of all the 4th liners we have... One of them turns into Byron?

But why do this we've got sooooo many forwards that are trying to play in the NHL

Armia

Lehkonen

Hudon
Cousins
Varone
Barber
Thompson
Weise
Mccarron
Peca
Weal

That's a cluster**** of players off the top of my head trying to squeeze in the roster or get sent down to laval. Sometimes got to give.
Cousins will not be more than a 4th liner

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Are you f***ing kidding me?

Why? What's the point? If Poehling centers the 4th line, Nate Thompson is already in the stands.

Can someone please tell Bergevin that we didn't make the playoffs last season? Nick Cousins is the kind of depth you get at the trade deadline for a 6th rounder if you have a fragile bottom 6. That's cap space wasted for a top pair defensman or a top 6 forward.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If we don't sign any more forwards, then

Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Poehling - KK - Armia
Byron - Weal - Cousins

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If/when we send Varone, Barber, Weise?, Peca?, Poehling? to the AHL and sign Armia/Lehkonen, this would give us 13 forwards.

He basically replaces Peca as a depth C/W, and he seems like a guy Julien would prefer.

badi

Jan 21, 2008
At this point its just comical with these 4 th line guys
MB should headline the Just for laughs Festival

Reactions: Habs Icing

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I don't really care if we have too many 4th liners, this will sort itself out. We got a guy at 1M who produced 27pts last year. Can't be a better money/value deal than that. If he doesn't make the team he'll just have to go through waivers to Laval so no harm. Happy with that!

Reactions: CDN24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad