Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Nick Cousins (1 year, $1M AAV)

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Ahl or Nhl?

Okay I am a MB fan/fanboy since 2017, but he's not perfect.

We're cluttered with Depth/reclamation/fringe/Top 9 caliber NHL players in forwards and defenseman all of the time. I get that we need depth, but shouldn't we consider saving some contract slots/cap for more interesting players like our upcoming rookies and free agents/rfas. Maybe it still fits and helps the rocket take the next step, i don't know?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I agree, there has to be a trade coming. If we sign Armia and Lehkonen, it gives us 15 forwards signed to NHL contracts, not including Poehling or Varone. I know you can send Weise down to the AHL, but still, it makes no sense.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
So what are we looking at, right now?

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Byron
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Weal - Thompson - Cousins
Peca/McCarron

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen
Reilly - Folin

Price
Kinkaid

I say there's no trade incoming. And this lineup is ridiculous. It's a bunch of players thrown together. Nothing cohesive about this lineup.

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
With carolina? Who knows maybe there actually is something to all these conspiracy theories about side deals
Or this is the Plan B with Carolina.
Swing and a miss so time to fill with players that MIGHT fit in the top 9. Out of all the 4th liners we have... One of them turns into Byron?

But why do this we've got sooooo many forwards that are trying to play in the NHL

Armia

Lehkonen

Hudon
Cousins
Varone
Barber
Thompson
Weise
Mccarron
Peca
Weal

That's a clusterf*** of players off the top of my head trying to squeeze in the roster or get sent down to laval. Laval is already cluttered enough with our rookies for important ice time. I get we want to turn laval into a playoff team but sometimes got to give here.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
So what are we looking at, right now?

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Byron
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Weal - Thompson - Cousins
Peca/McCarron

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen
Reilly - Folin

Price
Kinkaid

I say there's no trade incoming. And this lineup is ridiculous. It's a bunch of players thrown together. Nothing cohesive about this lineup.
Where’s Poehling ?

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
All this tells me is that there HAS to be a trade in the works.

I mean... something has to happen somewhere right.... i mean there isnt even any room for this guy...unless he STILL doesnt want to give too many spots to the kids...

Weird signing, but, not the end of the world by any stretch of the imagination

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad