Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Mike Hoffman (3 years, 4.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
its not just a one time thing though,

look at who the team just drafted, look at the drouin trade,

MB preaches how important "karacter" is, and then he goes out of his way to aquire players who have PROVEN poor karacter
Hoffman had some girl drama. Now he's a "bad character".

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hoffman had some girl drama. Now he's a "bad character".

It's funny how percpetion becomes reality in certain cases. Hoffman has been dealing with this stain on his reputation ever since his Ottawa days, but the issue really didn't have anything to do with Hoffman himself, and on top of that, the allegations that were thrown around were never proven as far as I know.

It's an isolated incident that has unfairly cast a shadow on him.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
I hope they don’t get rid of him in the off season. For one, he probably has negative value. And more importantly, him playing Top 6 and PP1 is crucial on our quest for another Top 5 pick.

The Top 5 next year would all go 1OV this year.
A lot of people were saying the same thing one year ago, but it was about the top 3 (Wright, Lambert and Savoie)

Reactions: Vachon23

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
He’s not that bad.

He can be easily moved if it comes to it. Why stress? We have Gallagher on pace for less than 30 points and you’re all mad about Hoffman?

Reactions: malcb33

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It's funny how percpetion becomes reality in certain cases. Hoffman has been dealing with this stain on his reputation ever since his Ottawa days, but the issue really didn't have anything to do with Hoffman himself, and on top of that, the allegations that were thrown around were never proven as far as I know.

It's an isolated incident that has unfairly cast a shadow on him.

He's been having this issue since his HULL days.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
He’s not that bad.

He can be easily moved if it comes to it. Why stress? We have Gallagher on pace for less than 30 points and you’re all mad about Hoffman?

Hoffman makes Drouin look like a perennial Selke candidate.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Hoffman makes Drouin look like a perennial Selke candidate.
Nah. Both are generally bad but at least Hoffman has a shot and uses it.

We have a bad team, alright? The hot streak after MSL got situated was the exception. Every player looks worse than he is — even the ones we like to dump on.

I think his contract is bad and he is bad defensively but I don’t feel he is a negative value asset. Call me silly but I’m sure some team would take him if we needed to dump him.

The question is: why do we need to dump him this summer?

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011

We have a bad team, alright? The hot streak after MSL got situated was the exception. Every player looks worse than he is — even the ones we like to dump on.

I think his contract is bad and he is bad defensively but I don’t feel he is a negative value asset. Call me silly but I’m sure some team would take him if we needed to dump him.

He is simply not the kind of player I would like our young player to take exemple on. And I talk only about the on ice stuff, because we don't know exactly how he is off ice.

Reactions: Kent Nilsson

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Because fans still have to watch this garbage. I'd rather give an AHLer who doesn't have a shot at the NHL the 830,000 dollar one year pay boost that will set up his life than watch Hoffman have the same impact.

Reactions: ArtPeur and Yarice

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Because fans still have to watch this garbage. I'd rather give an AHLer who doesn't have a shot at the NHL the 830,000 dollar one year pay boost that will set up his life than watch Hoffman have the same impact.
Hoffman has 28 pts in 59 games. I hate to have to defend him but he has a better PPG than Gallagher, Armia, Byron, and Anderson.

Also don’t forget this is the dead rubber of all dead rubber stretches of games.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Keep him for the tank. Move him when he's an expiring contract for some assets.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
We’re mad because he shouldn’t even be here, Gallagher is different because he’s ours and he bled for us. Hoffman should have never been brought here in the first place.
Exactly right...a player St Louis only offered a PTO contract to gets 13.5 million dollars. Habs absolutely did not need this player.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
TVA Sports made an article praising MB for his vision in not offering a 4th year to Hoffman.

Hail MB!
Where can i find this article?

I'm looking under the article "Kent Hughes en doit une à Marc Bergevin pour ne pas avoir donné 7.5 millions à Bandran Gallagher" and it's not there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad