Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Mike Hoffman (3 years, 4.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Well first off, Hoffman is much more of a goal scorer than Anderson. Can't compare Hoffman to Anderson IMO. But I will concede that KK played more with Toffoli than I originally thought.

Anyways, here are the top line combos with TOI and % for the 2020-21 regular season. Oh and KK averaged 14:48 TOI this year (Regualar Season).

He played the most with Anderson and Drouin... which is exactly the same linemates Suzuki started the year with by the way. So much for the narrative that Suzuki got favorable opportunities.

He's had one of the 2 best goal scorers of the team on his line most of the time. I wonder what people expect.

Reactions: Chr1s97

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Have not read the full thread but Luke Richardson should be very familiar with Hoffman having coached him in 2012-13 and 2013-14 with the Senators AHL team. Hoffman scored 30-37-67 in 51 games his last year in AHL under Richardson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Have not read the full thread but Luke Richardson should be very familiar with Hoffman having coached him in 2012-13 and 2013-14 with the Senators AHL team. Hoffman scored 30-37-67 in 51 games his last year in AHL under Richardson

Alex Burrows also played with him in Ottawa in Burrows' last two seasons before he retired. So there is that familiarity, as well.

Reactions: CDN24

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Hoffman will simply score goals..........far from a perfect player, but man he just scores goals, put in the right situations, especially the PP.
This is a nice pickup guys...

We say that with Caufield too... Hoffman can create plays, he can pass the puck. He is a pretty good offensive player and so much better than Tatar at PP.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We say that with Caufield too... Hoffman can create plays, he can pass the puck. He is a pretty good offensive player and so much better than Tatar at PP.
The PP surely has to be better, with the addition of those two players.................we still lack a true PP QB, but in time it should be Romanov.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The PP surely has to be better, with the addition of those two players.................we still lack a true PP QB, but in time it should be Romanov.

We got Petry for one PP wave.

Drouin definitely has the tools to be a PP QB.

But I agree it's something that can help deepen their PP looks if they can get someone who can QB one of the waves.

My guess? One PP wave will have Suzuki on the right half wall and Caufield on the left half wall. And the other PP will have Hoffman on the right half wall and Drouin on the left half wall. And KK on the blue line. Or they will have KK on the left half wall a d Drouin on the blue line.

Reactions: NORiculous

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
You don’t necessarily need exceptional vision or playmaking to be a successful PP quarterback. It definitely helps but the most important thing is to be able to give and accept quick passes, hold/walk the line, stay calm under pressure, and settle down the play. We have the offensive players who can make the seam passes like Suzuki Drouin Caufield etc. Having a Markov would be amazing but Romanov looks to me to have the ability to QB a power play when he gets a bit more experience

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We got Petry for one PP wave.

Drouin definitely has the tools to be a PP QB.

But I agree it's something that can help deepen their PP looks if they can get someone who can QB one of the waves.

My guess? One PP wave will have Suzuki on the right half wall and Caufield on the left half wall. And the other PP will have Hoffman on the right half wall and Drouin on the left half wall. And KK on the blue line. Or they will have KK on the left half wall a d Drouin on the blue line.
Petry is ok but not really a QB
Drouin is awful on the point on the PP
Is it any wonder our PP has been terrible since Markov left.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Romanov will never be a PP quarterback.
Not sure about that, he has very good lateral mobility and peripheral vision - he simply needs time / experience on the smaller ice & stay focused so as not to become a wanderer.

His biggest issue this past season was drifting out of play, that’s more of an adjustment issue IMO - on the big ice surface he had more time & space to backtrack, which he doesn’t on the smaller ice

Reactions: BLONG7

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
This guy may score goals, but just like wayne gretzky, he's a f***en idiot so hopefully we wont hear him speak at all

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I wonder if there are any other connections in Montreal that hoffman may have talked to prior to signing here.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Obviously but i don't think you can say right now with 100% certainty that nobody behind JK will be better. Lot of guys are in their first season not their 3rd. When it comes to 2012 there really was not much AG is still 2nd in points ... there was better options but nothing in the 1st round that would have changed the face of the team outside of maybe Rielly. I'll be surprised if 2018 is as weak as 2012 it look more promising to me.
It’s not only about points, Hughes may rack up points but he’s an awful Dman and IQ won’t magically appear, Tkachuk isn’t a 35G+ guy either.

Now will someone drafted later in round 1 takeoff? That’s what I’m expecting..

Reactions: Walrus26

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I wonder if there are any other connections in Montreal that hoffman may have talked to prior to signing here.
He would have played with Burrows in Ottawa, Nate thompson was also a former teammate who seemed to enjoy his time in Mtl. Scandella would have been a teammate last year.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
He would have played with Burrows in Ottawa, Nate thompson was also a former teammate who seemed to enjoy his time in Mtl. Scandella would have been a teammate last year.
Hoffman played with Wideman also with the Sens on the PP Habs need help with that so it might be an interesting angle.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
He's a complete garbage.

Meanwhile, a guy like Hampus Lindholm or Morgan Rielly could have been a cornerstone for a decade.
I know reflecting now it was a mistake, but I think at the time I dont remember hampus being thought of as a top 10, I believe everyone saw him more in the 10-15 range and at the time people thought galchenyuk would be the #1 center we had needed for like 2 decades at that point. I think we would've strung berg up for taking Hampus then

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I know reflecting now it was a mistake, but I think at the time I dont remember hampus being thought of as a top 10, I believe everyone saw him more in the 10-15 range and at the time people thought galchenyuk would be the #1 center we had needed for like 2 decades at that point. I think we would've strung berg up for taking Hampus then
Lindholm was selected 6OA, so, apparently, one scouting staff was doing its job.

Jul 6, 2016

MB wanted Rielly. TT wanted Galchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad