Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Mike Hoffman (3 years, 4.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennispol

Aug 11, 2021
Another great karacter signing by MB :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

its all about guys having great karacter...correct MB?

why doesn't this man take his own advice and practice what he preaches?

dennispol

Aug 11, 2021
His girlfriend was nuts in his Ottawa times.

Let's not mix everything for the sake of mixing everything.

its not just a one time thing though,

look at who the team just drafted, look at the drouin trade,

MB preaches how important "karacter" is, and then he goes out of his way to aquire players who have PROVEN poor karacter

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
its not just a one time thing though,

look at who the team just drafted, look at the drouin trade,

MB preaches how important "karacter" is, and then he goes out of his way to aquire players who have PROVEN poor karacter

I'm not a Bergevin fan, far from it, but this is a thread about Mike Hoffman, and I for one don't care about Hoffman's past, I just want him to score goals.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lindholm was selected 6OA, so, apparently, one scouting staff was doing its job.

The real question on that narrative is do the Ducks pick Lindholm 3rd OA if they had our pick and we had theirs. Sometimes, a guy slips right in your hands. Another question is do the Habs take Caufield if we had the 10th pick?

Taking Galchenyuk 3rd OA was not the problem. The problem is you can't project who these kids will turn into that accurately. Look at the comments made towards Tkachuk when we took KK. Some in our herd said Tkachuk was not even a top 10 pick and his WJC performance was... "a small tournament" :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson and BLONG7

dennispol

Aug 11, 2021
I'm not a Bergevin fan, far from it, but this is a thread about Mike Hoffman, and I for one don't care about Hoffman's past, I just want him to score goals.

im sure MB was thinking the same thing when he aquired drouin, and look how it turned out

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The real question on that narrative is do the Ducks pick Lindholm 3rd OA if they had our pick and we had theirs. Sometimes, a guy slips right in your hands. Another question is do the Habs take Caufield if we had the 10th pick?

Taking Galchenyuk 3rd OA was not the problem. The problem is you can't project who these kids will turn into that accurately
Galchy was a strange case.....scored 30 goals one season.....people think family interference hurt his continued success with the Habs....the money went to his head??
He literally fell off a cliff so to speak....
He turned into Domi who turned into Anderson.....it's all good from my view....not to mention he set up the OT breakaway for CC and NS !!!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Galchy was a strange case.....scored 30 goals one season.....people think family interference hurt his continued success with the Habs....the money went to his head??
He literally fell off a cliff so to speak....
He turned into Domi who turned into Anderson.....it's all good from my view....not to mention he set up the OT breakaway for CC and NS !!!

Not a 200' player and was not willing to put the work in to be one. Good offensive tools and he looked promising when he was in his early 20's. Just could not put it all together and I bet you he has regrets cause there were probably lots of people who were giving him advice he ignored.

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Agreed!!!! The guy is a sniper on the PP.....................I just hope we can get him the puck.....Hoffman on one side, and Caufield on the other!!

PP should be better but I still have worries about zone entries and maintaining possession. I do expect our PP to improve though. How much better? :dunno:.

Reactions: BLONG7

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
He's a complete garbage.

Meanwhile, a guy like Hampus Lindholm or Morgan Rielly could have been a cornerstone for a decade.

The main problem with the pick is that it's one of those cases where Timmins was trying to buy low on a guy with a knee injury and it was a case where the low price was warranted because the knee injury impacted his skating, and then he reinjured his knee and it impacted his skating more, and after all that he was a medicore middle sixer with a big ego and not the top 3 potential star they were looking for.

I'm not sure Rielly would be better. He's like Tatar, a great regular season player who has problems in the playoffs. Rielly is one of the only guys to be present for pretty much all the recent Toronto playoff collapses, the rest of the team has turned over.

Hoffman may be in the same mold, though. His regular season stats are way better than his playoff stats.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dutronc

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
His girlfriend was nuts in his Ottawa times.

Let's not mix everything for the sake of mixing everything.
His wife now but not sure how all that ended up with EK she probably won't be a factor anymore but knowing the media I am sure there will be a few interesting takes on how she fits in,

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
His wife now but not sure how all that ended up with EK she probably won't be a factor anymore but knowing the media I am sure there will be a few interesting takes on how she fits in,

From everything I read it sounded like a ridiculous cat fight between both wives. Hoffman's wife took the brunt of the criticism without evidence because of EK's social status. For all we know EK's wife was the real problem,but we don't know and it is ancient history now so no point in even discussing it as though we really know anything about it.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
From everything I read it sounded like a ridiculous cat fight between both wives. Hoffman's wife took the brunt of the criticism without evidence because of EK's social status. For all we know EK's wife was the real problem,but we don't know and it is ancient history now so no point in even discussing it as though we really know anything about it.

Agreed, that seems to be how it went down.

Regardless of that, neither Hoffman or his lady friend have been an issue since. I don’t expect there to be any issues there what so ever

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Hoffman is not exactly a darling from the analytics team. But in a league starved of goals and a decent contract I like this pickup.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Hoffman Kotkaniemi Gallagher?

Or where will he play

This is what i think our second line will be. Hoffman more often than most will shoot from different angles/spots that can cause rebounds and Gallagher and KK can score of those chances. Also KK is an underrated passer and can feed Hoffman the puck.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012

Yeah there was very conflicting stories about it and it seemed to me that EK's wife made these big accusations in the media about Hoffman's without much real evidence and then Hoffman was quickly moved to prevent further meltdown and everyone kind of moved on and didn't want to talk about it anymore.

Anyway I think Hoffman gives the Habs PP a big weapon. Now potentially you have ++ shooter on both left and right side with Hoffman & Caufield if they go that route.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think he will do well here because he has a clear role but that role isn't about carrying the team. We have good scoring depth and he'll get cushy minutes. I expect Hoffman to have a great year as the PP trigger man.

Reactions: Redux91

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We need a left-shot D on the PP that could set him up for his one-timer.

Hopefully, Romanov can step up...

* Drouin/Romanov on one unit. I'd have Caufield, Suzuki and one of (Gallagher or Anderson) with them.

* Petry/Norlinder on the other unit. I'd probably put Hoffman on this unit. Toffoli on the other side and KK as the center.

Best I can think of with the tools and sheltering we would require due to some of the guys at the point.

Reactions: Dutronc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad