Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Mike Hoffman (3 years, 4.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Where can i find this article?

I'm looking under the article "Kent Hughes en doit une à Marc Bergevin pour ne pas avoir donné 7.5 millions à Bandran Gallagher" and it's not there?
They must have misfiled it.

Try under "Molson CONGÉDIE Bergevin: le début de la fin (un dossier complet)"

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
He’s not that bad.

He can be easily moved if it comes to it. Why stress? We have Gallagher on pace for less than 30 points and you’re all mad about Hoffman?
Yeah he missed all of camp and never got on track. That contract is not a big deal as there are only 2 years left. Maybe he has a resurgence next year in which case maybe you trade him at the deadline with one full year remaining. If you really need to move him you retain a bit- someone will bite.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Nah. Both are generally bad but at least Hoffman has a shot and uses it.

We have a bad team, alright? The hot streak after MSL got situated was the exception. Every player looks worse than he is — even the ones we like to dump on.

I think his contract is bad and he is bad defensively but I don’t feel he is a negative value asset. Call me silly but I’m sure some team would take him if we needed to dump him.

The question is: why do we need to dump him this summer?
I don't think the Habs have to dump Hoffman in particular this off-season but they will want to dump someone. They need to shed some contracts. Hopefully Hughes trades Weber's contract and that will help a bunch but I think they'll want to shed a few salary commitments, Hoffman or otherwise.

Reactions: MilesNewton

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think the Habs have to dump Hoffman in particular this off-season but they will want to dump someone. They need to shed some contracts. Hopefully Hughes trades Weber's contract and that will help a bunch but I think they'll want to shed a few salary commitments, Hoffman or otherwise.
As far as the vets and their contracts...

Untradeable because of their contracts:
Gallagher, Drouin, Byron, Armia, Hoffman, Savard.

May be able to be moved, but not sure:
Anderson, Petry

Should be able to be moved:
Dvorak, Price (with Salary retained), Allen

Definitely able to move:
Edmundson

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Yeah he missed all of camp and never got on track. That contract is not a big deal as there are only 2 years left. Maybe he has a resurgence next year in which case maybe you trade him at the deadline with one full year remaining. If you really need to move him you retain a bit- someone will bite.
He'd be a very useful player on a good team. Put him on the 2nd or 3rd line and a ton of PP time, and he'd put up 40-50 points and his defensive lapses wouldn't matter.

Unfortunately the Habs are not a good team. Nothing against Hoffman, he is doing what he's paid to do.

Reactions: malcb33 and CDN24

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019

Anderson, Petry

Definitely able to move:
Edmundson
what's the total dollar amount in the untradeables?

Reactions: 26Mats

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal

Anderson, Petry

Definitely able to move:
Edmundson
I don't agree with all of that but no use worrying about it things will be figured out this off-season

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah they'll only have to move 2 or maybe 3
Petry, Anderson, and Dvorak, and Price with salary retained, are the only contracts that could potentially be moved without taking similar bad contracts back. Eddy too, but I think they want to keep him to mentor the kids.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

Anderson, Petry

Definitely able to move:
Edmundson
no one is untradeable bro my team managed to trade freaking David Clarkson
dont sweat the small stuff Habs making great moves that Chariot trade was great
I didnt really like the Dvorak trade thought someone much cheaper could have been acquired cheaper than a 1st but pretty minor not all 1sts hit and pretty clear now that 1st will be a later one

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
He's a reliable winger under the right situation. Trade him if the return is high, either than that just find ways to unload Drouin, Byron, Armia, Weber, Price, Gallagher, Savard and Petry. Lots of dead wood to carry for years to come. I am suspecting though that for Gallagher, Price and Savard, it will take a miracle.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He's a reliable winger under the right situation. Trade him if the return is high, either than that just find ways to unload Drouin, Byron, Armia, Weber, Price, Gallagher, Savard and Petry. Lots of dead wood to carry for years to come. I am suspecting though that for Gallagher, Price and Savard, it will take a miracle.
Damn that's a huge list of horrendous contracts. Bergevin deserves alot of the blame but the owner gave the green light. Had Molson hired a VP of Hockey Opps we wouldn't be mired in this abyss of bad contracts.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Petry, Anderson, and Dvorak, and Price with salary retained, are the only contracts that could potentially be moved without taking similar bad contracts back. Eddy too, but I think they want to keep him to mentor the kids.
I think the Weber contract might be the easiest contract to trade, and might be the first to go.

Unless there is a solid demand for the vets, I would guess Hughes holds onto most of them. A guy like Hoffman or any of these guys could look much more attractive during a strong season. But he will want to move a few this off-season I'm guessing.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
no one is untradeable bro my team managed to trade freaking David Clarkson
dont sweat the small stuff Habs making great moves that Chariot trade was great
I didnt really like the Dvorak trade thought someone much cheaper could have been acquired cheaper than a 1st but pretty minor not all 1sts hit and pretty clear now that 1st will be a later one
But what did you have to give up to move Clarkson's? And was he on LTIR at that point?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Damn that's a huge list of horrendous contracts. Bergevin deserves alot of the blame but the owner gave the green light. Had Molson hired a VP of Hockey Opps we wouldn't be mired in this abyss of bad contracts.

Yeah, I can't think of many management teams that have shot themselves in the foot quite like the Maestro's. Guy knew he was getting fired and acted accordingly, like someone who didn't care at all.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Anderson, Petry

Definitely able to move:
Edmundson

Why would you trade Price and Allen? One or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad