Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Antti Niemi to one-year, one-way contract

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I'm not happy with that contract but it was inevitable! why bragging about all the time?
Bragging about what?? Signing a 30 year old goalie to 8 x 10.5 and then only expect him
To play 55 games is just insane
Death and taxes are inevitable not 10.5 million for a goalie when you have no first or second line centre and no PMD.
It’s insane. He better play 65-70 games a year and play well to make that contract look good

Reactions: habsgirl5000

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
There was absolutely no rush to sign Price. We knew that we had the cap space. Imagine resigning him right now, I doubt he would get over 8 million at 5 years max.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
There was absolutely no rush to sign Price. We knew that we had the cap space. Imagine resigning him right now, I doubt he would get over 8 million at 5 years max.
Every time I look at Price contract I am thinking, what would a team like Philadelphia had been willing to trade for Price retained at 50%(3.25mil) at this past trade deadline?
We could have add Byron or Pacioretty in the deal.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Bragging about what?? Signing a 30 year old goalie to 8 x 10.5 and then only expect him
To play 55 games is just insane
Death and taxes are inevitable not 10.5 million for a goalie when you have no first or second line centre and no PMD.
It’s insane. He better play 65-70 games a year and play well to make that contract look good

WTF is your alternative? This contract was inevitable!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
trading Subban, trading Sergachev, signing Alzner, giving Price all that money and NMC, not hiring Gallant over CJ, hiring Lefebvre, re-signing Lefebvre, then re-signing Lefebvre again, trading for King, Ott, Martinsen, over paying for Shaw, giving Pleks 12M over 2 years. I'm sure there's more.

The only footnote I'd add is trading major assets like Subban and Sergachev and still not having a top 6 center to show for those moves.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
trading Subban, trading Sergachev, signing Alzner, giving Price all that money and NMC, not hiring Gallant over CJ, hiring Lefebvre, re-signing Lefebvre, then re-signing Lefebvre again, trading for King, Ott, Martinsen, over paying for Shaw, giving Pleks 12M over 2 years. I'm sure there's more.

This is the Niemi thread.......it’s in regards to Niemi....let’s stick with the thread topic please

Last edited:

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Almost like this GM doesn't have good planning skills, oh wait.

he has no skills.....

it doesn't require any to completely destroy a 100+ point team and bring them down to the bottom 5 in the league,

not sure what the man thinks.....i think the wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

MB is arrogant and obnoxious, would never admit failure of any kind,

if you asked MB about all those moves he would try to convince you they were all great deals for us....oh and the team is better

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
MB is arrogant and obnoxious, would never admit failure of any kind,

if you asked MB about all those moves he would try to convince you they were all great deals for us....oh and the team is better
but he did, he clearly stated that the buck stops with him and it’s his mess to clean up. Did you not watch the press conference??

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
he has no skills.....

it doesn't require any to completely destroy a 100+ point team and bring them down to the bottom 5 in the league,

not sure what the man thinks.....i think the wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead
Since he took over the 28th place team, they have 3 100pt seasons, another can be pro rated to over 100......let’s not pretend like he took over the 2011 Chicago Blackhawks and instantly turned them into the Arizona Coyotes......he’s made mistakes a plenty, but don’t discount what this team has accomplished in his tenure.

We didn’t attain the ultimate goal but we don’t comb the bottom of the standings either.

Reactions: Runner77

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Is Weber really such an amazing downgrade over PK? Debatable, anyone with some sort of brain would say it's still in the air.

Trading Sergachev? Drouin was an upcoming huge young talent.....

So much bias damn.... You should be ashamed of yourself!

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I predicted this before end of the season...I fully expected and happy with the move...no risk at all...He played solid hockey for us ..and if he goes solid again right from the start of the season, and if Price gets injured again early. well Nemei can keep us in the race i do believe it ...

Wait a minute.... are Nemei and Tavares friends???//lol

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Was it just me or did Lindgren get worse as the season went on. He had a nice hot streak where he looked like he could steal Prices job but after that and Nieme was signed I didn't find him very impressive. I don't know if he is NHL ready just yet, and I don't know if sitting on the bench for 60+ games would benefit him.

Surprised to see such a positive reaction on here. Thought there would be a lot more negative to this deal. Odds are Nieme doesn't finish the season in a habs sweater. Didn't he get claimed TWICE last year?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
The other downside to Niemi up with the Habs and Lindgren as the AHL starter is that it means less playing time for NcNiven.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The other downside to Niemi up with the Habs and Lindgren as the AHL starter is that it means less playing time for NcNiven.

Niemi could also mean Price gets traded ..lol
Remember , we havent seen the shake up that is coming on the ice yet...lol

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Is Weber really such an amazing downgrade over PK? Debatable, anyone with some sort of brain would say it's still in the air.

Trading Sergachev? Drouin was an upcoming huge young talent.....

So much bias damn.... You should be ashamed of yourself!
tss tss! not from you.

Reactions: Peanut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad