Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky (1 year, $1M)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
"Semin 2.0."
"That's what people said about Radulov!"

Uhhhhh only idiots said that about Radulov.

Honestly Semin looked better than Hemsky.

At least Semin lasted for 15 games and had 1 goal and 3 assists for 4 points with 12 PIMs. Hemsky so far has played 7 (though it really is 6 games and 1 period as the title says) and he has donuts in every category save for 10 PIMs.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
At least Semin lasted for 15 games and had 1 goal and 3 assists for 4 points with 12 PIMs. Hemsky so far has played 7 (though it really is 6 games and 1 period as the title says) and he has donuts in every category save for 10 PIMs.

Semin was treated like the big signing of free agency when he should have been treated like a 13th forward like Fleischmann was originally treated. And they put him with Galchenyuk who was supposed to be playing regular centre for the first time in his career and Lars Eller being moved to the wing. It was a bad situation. Galchenyuk played well enough, Eller sometimes looked lost on the wing, and Semin had the tools but was just not fast enough to keep up with NHL play. But Semin still had hands and if treated like a 13th forward, it wouldn't have been so bad. But they treated him like a discount top six forward. It was so stupid.

And who ultimately got the blame? Galchenyuk, because Therrien eventually removed him from the top six at centre and put him back on the wing. After trying Desharnais and even Mike McCarron over him, Therrien finally put Galchenyuk back at centre and he was aces. We heard the same argument before it too. "Galchenyuk looks great at right wing, why move him back to centre?"

Sorry. Ugh. That year broke me the way Mike Milbury trading Zigmund Palffy broke me.

brianp1950

Sep 28, 2017
I remember when there were rumours about trading for him 5-6 years ago and it never panned out, I was hoping we could get something done because he had some sick hands and was exciting to watch

7 games played, no points and 10 pm, no loss , waive him or put him out when he is healthy to help improve the draft selection.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He made the trip with the team, but wont play.

We could probably get a 5th rounder for him at the tdl.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Guys, I get it's frustrating to have him be so injury prone, but an entire thread and all these jokes about the man's health seem a little low.
Big deal. I don't think anyone would shed a tear if a mod would lock this thread. Heck, I wish this thread never came into being in the first place. It's infuriating to have him, period.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Guys, I get it's frustrating to have him be so injury prone, but an entire thread and all these jokes about the man's health seem a little low.

If we aren't allowed to discuss physical or mental health , what's the point of the Bergevin threads :sarcasm:.

Reactions: Runner77

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Big deal. I don't think anyone would shed a tear if a mod would lock this thread. Heck, I wish this thread never came into being in the first place. It's infuriating to have him, period.
When Bergevin got him, I said in this board I wasn't agree with that signing. I said he will be porcelaine fragile. I think hockey now is a very hard sport. Players skate faster because new rules, so hits are harder. An actual hockey player is like a stunt man capable of getting hits like a bicycle crash, falling stairs, getting punches in the face, like a rugby player too or a football player. All the signing of falling stars àla Briere, PAP, Semin and Hemsky are pure lost of time. They can't stand the hits, they have to skate into the holes all the time to avoid getting hit. You don't win anything in NHL with players avoiding hits. If they can't stand hits, they must retire or play in KHL.
And it sends a message to the farm team we don't trust you so we sign Hemsky (and co).

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Well we can't talk about anything else when it comes to old Panty waist. I think Hemsky and his 40 or so million he has earned, will be fine with a few jokes about his health.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Well we can't talk about anything else when it comes to old Panty waist. I think Hemsky and his 40 or so million he has earned, will be fine with a few jokes about his health.
Yeah, let's chill and be happy this nice guy (Hemsky) gets his million dollar this year and have a tv show with him and his wife playing harmonica and guitar around a fire place at home, then the camera shows his jacuzzi, his nice garden and the kids. I'm 100% sure Hemsky is a nice person in real.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad