Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky (1 year, $1M)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
A conditional 7th, provided he doesn't get hurt on his way to the acquiring team.

Get him one of these, ASAP!

maxresdefault.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Guys, I get it's frustrating to have him be so injury prone, but an entire thread and all these jokes about the man's health seem a little low.

No one is wishing him harm. Just benign jabs at a player who we all wished would be able to resume his career.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Let's lay off on the jokes guys. Concussions aren't fun.

Thanks for posting that. I didn't know he was suffering from a concussion.

I thought his ailment was a fallout from an operation he had in the summer, which is unrelated.

Point taken, I hope he recovers soon.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Why do people care so much? He's literally irrelevant in every way no point in getting riled up about his signing.

Hope he recovers but I doubt he sees much more NHL ice in his life. Making fun of his injuries lacks class - a recurring tendency on hfboards

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No one is making fun of his injuries. Of course, the bandwagon jumpers, holier-than-thou crowd is always quick to administer admonitions (and I don't mean the Mods, who are just doing their jobs). I hope they feel better about themselves, cause apparently, they are totally free from blame and have never done anything that deserves getting called on. Sheesh. :eyeroll:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Why do people care so much? He's literally irrelevant in every way no point in getting riled up about his signing.

Hope he recovers but I doubt he sees much more NHL ice in his life. Making fun of his injuries lacks class - a recurring tendency on hfboards
I'm not making fun of his injuries. I made fun of the fact he's injury prone. A slight, yet important difference. And there's no malice in that in my opinion.

Reactions: Runner77

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
No one is making fun of his injuries. Of course, the bandwagon jumpers, holier-than-thou crowd is always quick to administer admonitions (and I don't mean the Mods, who are just doing their jobs). I hope they feel better about themselves, cause apparently, they are totally free from blame and have never done anything that deserves getting called on. Sheesh. :eyeroll:

Aren't you delivering admonitions right now? A bit ironic

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Aren't you delivering admonitions right now? A bit ironic

No, I'm merely answering someone who acts like he's better than others. Talk about ironic. Why don't you go spread your words of wisdom somewhere else and make someone else happy. :eyeroll:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm not making fun of his injuries. I made fun of the fact he's injury prone. A slight, yet important difference. And there's no malice in that in my opinion.

That's the bottom line for me as well. There is no malice, nor any intended. I hope he gets well soon.

Reactions: sandviper

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
No, I'm merely answering someone who acts like he's better than others. Talk about ironic. Why don't you go spread your words of wisdom somewhere else and make someone else happy. :eyeroll:

That's a matter of perception right, as in you perceive it that way and throw condescending retorts at anyone who disagrees with you. You condemning me for disagreeing with people making fun of Hemsky's injuries separates our posts by a matter of degrees.

I agree with the spirit of your post though seeing as Hemsky is made of glass... everyone but bergevin seems to have known that for a while. Hemsky isn't really part of the team though anyways.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That's a matter of perception right, as in you perceive it that way and throw condescending retorts at anyone who disagrees with you. You condemning me for disagreeing with people making fun of Hemsky's injuries separates our posts by a matter of degrees.

You're the one who came in here and posted right after one of my posts: "Making fun of his injuries lacks class - a recurring tendency on hfboards." You chose to throw shade on me and others in here, as if you're better than the rest of us. If you have a problem with something I or others wrote in this thread, by all means, you know what to do.

You taking me and others to task, is not a matter of perception, degree or disagreement. It's a condescending comment that you took upon yourself to make. I often see you acting in an objectionable manner in other threads, you don't see me intervene and act like a mod, I just ignore you. In fact, I'd like to go back to that. It's impossible to have any meaningful discussion with you, you're all about snarky remarks and deflections, I have no appetite for it.

Reactions: PhysicX

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
You're the one who came in here and posted right after one of my posts: "Making fun of his injuries lacks class - a recurring tendency on hfboards." You chose to throw shade on me and others in here, as if you're better than the rest of us. If you have a problem with something I or others wrote in this thread, by all means, you know what to do.

You taking me and others to task, is not a matter of perception, degree or disagreement. It's a condescending comment that you took upon yourself to make. I often see you acting in an objectionable manner in other threads, you don't see me intervene and act like a mod, I just ignore you. In fact, I'd like to go back to that. It's impossible to have any meaningful discussion with you, you're all about snarky remarks and deflections, I have no appetite for it.

Apparently you do, seeing as you're every bit as snarky as myself or any other poster. That's fine, it's what I meant by ironic posts!

It's not my fault if you felt personally attacked by a comment aimed more generally. I didn't single you out lol I apologize that you felt attacked because someone thought making fun of hemsky's injuries lacks class.

Well done!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Apparently you do, seeing as you're every bit as snarky as myself or any other poster. That's fine, it's what I meant by ironic posts!

It's not my fault if you felt personally attacked by a comment aimed more generally. I didn't single you out lol I apologize that you felt attacked because someone thought making fun of hemsky's injuries lacks class.

Well done!

Actually, I don't recall addressing you first in here. Irony of ironies, look at who played policeman in here, telling others how to behave and how low you perceive them to be on your subjective morality scale. You chose to post your holier-than-thou comment right after I indicated that I didn't know about Hemsky's ailment and had wished him well, so don't come and pretend that it was some kind of accidental dropping. You chose to throw fuel on the fire and piggy-backed on a mod's directive. I'll take my cues from a mod, not you, thank-you very much.

And now you do as you always have, you deflect and take no ownership for what you do and go on as if you simply happened to reply to the thread, right after my post. It's not just about me, you threw shade on all of us in this thread, you judged incorrectly that we intended to act with malice. The least you could do is own it. But hey, who cares. It's not my problem. I don't need lessons from you about class. Apply them to yourself.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Actually, I don't recall addressing you first in here. Irony of ironies, look at who played policeman in here, telling others how to behave and how low you perceive them to be on your subjective morality scale. You chose to post your holier-than-thou comment right after I indicated that I didn't know about Hemsky's ailment and had wished him well, so don't come and pretend that it was some kind of accidental dropping. You chose to throw fuel on the fire and piggy-backed on a mod's directive. I'll take my cues from a mod, not you, thank-you very much.

And now you do as you always have, you deflect and take no ownership for what you do and go on as if you simply happened to reply to the thread, right after my post. It's not just about me, you threw shade on all of us in this thread, you judged incorrectly that we intended to act with malice. The least you could do is own it. But hey, who cares. It's not my problem. I don't need lessons from you about class. Apply them to yourself.

Gotcha you are interested after all! Boo hoo you thought I threw shade on you lol

Listen I'm not telling you what you can or can't say buckaroo and my post wasn't in reference to yours

You are taking this way too seriously

you took something badly that wasn't directed at you (or maybe it was?), overreacted and attacked me, condescendingly.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
That's the bottom line for me as well. There is no malice, nor any intended. I hope he gets well soon.

Yeah, I don't actually wish harm on the guy and I intended to joke more on his past history of durability but the concussions itself no. I understand that's serious and of course I want him back. I hate Chara with a passion for example, but I would never wish any serious injury or career ending stuff on him. That said, I understand there is a fine line and given the circumstances, I'll lay off the injury-mockery.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I wrote before the season don't count on him for anything. I wrote he will be porcelaine fragile and a poster quote me back saying he will be great or score at least 12 goals, bla-bla-bla, I don't really remember but hemsky had at least one true fan here, lol. He spendt his last 2 seasons injured, played what, 15 games a year.
So he would score 12 goals, no way. Hemsky is like Semin, Parenteau, Brière or any fragile small player over 32 years old. Any serious gm should never waiste his time with those players, even if they were great before. Today's hockey is faster so the game becomes more rude. Today's hockey is asking players to be as tough as stuntmen, like jumping out of a train, small motorcycle crash, etc. Hemsky and this kind of player belongs to Florida Panthers, Coyotes and Buffalo Sabres. No serious hockey team waist his time with "over-the-past-time players".

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I wrote before the season don't count on him for anything. I wrote he will be porcelaine fragile and a poster quote me back saying he will be great or score at least 12 goals, bla-bla-bla, I don't really remember but hemsky had at least one true fan here, lol. He spendt his last 2 seasons injured, played what, 15 games a year.
So he would score 12 goals, no way. Hemsky is like Semin, Parenteau, Brière or any fragile small player over 32 years old. Any serious gm should never waiste his time with those players, even if they were great before. Today's hockey is faster so the game becomes more rude. Today's hockey is asking players to be as tough as stuntmen, like jumping out of a train, small motorcycle crash, etc. Hemsky and this kind of player belongs to Florida Panthers, Coyotes and Buffalo Sabres. No serious hockey team waist his time with "over-the-past-time players".

I don’t see the urge to berate those clubs like if we are something special or “better” than them. We are bottom of the barrel, the lowest of lows just like them. Hemsky belongs with this team and fit right in with the other scrubs in this team.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I hate to be that guy but ...

I love how he pencils him for 35-40 points in 75 games while in the last 3 years before his injury Hemsky has been producing exactly at a 35 points pace over 75 games while being healthy and younger. Somehow he'll do better than that this year while returning from a big injury at 34 years old.

If we exclude his first season as a rookie, his last season and the lockout year he still only played an average of 66 games a year. Somehow he'll play 75 this year according to habsLinks.

You do realize if any other GM would have believed in Hemsky he would not have signed for 1 million right?

This said i was wrong too XD
Personally i think he'll play on the 3rd line and do between 25 and 35 points if he's healthy for over 70 games.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I don’t see the urge to berate those clubs like if we are something special or “better” than them. We are bottom of the barrel, the lowest of lows just like them. Hemsky belongs with this team and fit right in with the other scrubs in this team.
Yeah maybe you're right. If we compare with Quebec Nordiques, at least we have a NHL team. A bad one that makes one round of PO once two years and 82 games of NHL. It's better than nothing, yeah !! Winner !!:D:thumbu::naughty:

To respond more seriously about the signing of a player "à la Hemsky", why signing him when you have Hudon, Froese, Carr, Deslauriers, Sherbak and McCarron?

Reactions: JianYang

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad