Post-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Montreal just isn't that good of a team.

Jerk Store said:
Lol! Some Habs fans really went crying on the main board about a hit to the shoulder? Oh man, they've been sold on such a soft brand of hockey and thus are so whiny. I feel bad for the knowledgeable ones

It's indicative of why this Montreal roster does not win a Stanley Cup.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Pageau can be what!?

Pageau can be anything in this league with his skill set, demeanor and skating. He creates as many chances as one would need to be a top 6 center in the NHL, he just hasn't buried those chances and he hasn't played a lot with scorers. He has done so in junior and the AHL. If that part of his game improves and he gets better linemates, he could be a special player.

Its optimistic, but not impossible. If someone told you Mike Hoffman would be a top line winger this time last year, you're reaction would be similar, but he always had the skill set like Pageau does imo.

A #1C. You know, like Crosby, Toews, Malkin, Kopitar, ect

No. More like a Plekanec, Bergeron, Johnson or Pavelski.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I believe Pageau can be a excellent number 2 C if he hits his ceiling. Although could be more, who knows, he just doesn't have the dangles or offensive flash for anything higher, imo.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I believe Pageau can be a excellent number 2 C if he hits his ceiling. Although could be more, who knows, he just doesn't have the dangles or offensive flash for anything higher, imo.

He absolutely has at lower levels though. We've never really seen Pageau used in a top 6 type of role, he's always been asked to be a bottom 6 type of forechecker/grinder in his NHL career. Maybe he doesn't have the skill set for it to carry to this level but there's loads of time for his offensive game to evolve.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He absolutely has at lower levels though. We've never really seen Pageau used in a top 6 type of role, he's always been asked to be a bottom 6 type of forechecker/grinder in his NHL career. Maybe he doesn't have the skill set for it to carry to this level but there's loads of time for his offensive game to evolve.

Yea, that's true. He's pulled some great magic in junior and in the A but I think his high motor excellent 2 way game requires him to be full out energetic and aggressive to compensate for his lack of size without the laid back approach of a more offensive player.

But there's a lottttt of similarities between him and Tyler Johnson of Tampa though so I see what you saying. Pageau has the drive and if developed, could have the skill to be a solid threat.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Pageau can be anything in this league with his skill set, demeanor and skating. He creates as many chances as one would need to be a top 6 center in the NHL, he just hasn't buried those chances and he hasn't played a lot with scorers. He has done so in junior and the AHL. If that part of his game improves and he gets better linemates, he could be a special player.

Its optimistic, but not impossible. If someone told you Mike Hoffman would be a top line winger this time last year, you're reaction would be similar, but he always had the skill set like Pageau does imo.

Really nice hearing such optimism about Pageau from one of the better posters on this site. :)

I like the kid, if he can just be a 15-15-30 guy, he can make himself a nice little stable career in the NHL.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Nice to handle Montreal tonight. We seem to have their number. Physically they are so weak and fragile. Awesome effort by Methot and Pageau tonight. I was impressed with Prince and Hoffman. Hammond play so well for us. Does he wanna start next game too? I just can't see this Montreal team advancing deep into the playoffs. Anyone with a little bit of grit and muscle should be able to take them down pretty fast. Can't believe the Habs are where they are, that team is so over-rated!! :laugh:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Patches called the sens a rival. Hab fans dont feel the sens are worthy of the tag lol

That may be shifting. A few montreal posters were saying they are starting to really hate us on account of us beating them down more often than not, whereas Montreal is really starting to dominate the Bruins rivalry. It's the fact that we aren't a playoff team is keeping the rivalry from reaching legendary status.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's funny. I said on the main boards about 1-2 weeks ago the Habs were going to be a 1-round playoff team. First game of the playoffs, opponents are going to make a point of sending slapshots to Price's head and crashing the crease. Habs fans laughed at me. Well, we saw last night the Habs are garbage without Price. Other teams know it too, and will act accordingly. Habs aren't going anywhere in the post season.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Montreal just isn't that good of a team and I cant see them doing that well in the playoffs. Every time Ottawa plays them its just absolute domination and physically they cant keep up.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Nothing has changed in Montreal. They will go as far as Price takes them. They have some developing talent, but they aren't quite there yet.

The thing is... Price can win a series or two, he's that good.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Well you need finish. Youc. An just keep saying "ohhhh just needs to work on finishing" if you're in the top 6. Or top 3 like your suggesting. You better damn well know how to finish and put up big points.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Habs fans really do hate the Sens. They are even talking about us in their pregame Florida game thread. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad