Post-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Me too, but I'm a little bit confused. I was told that with Prince, Pageau, Lazar and Condra ALL in the lineup that we'd be pushed around by the Habs.

I guess we'll just have to take our lumps like we did tonight. :sarcasm:

JGP plays like he's 6'5 though, it's awesome to watch.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
He would have to beat out Gaudreau, because Forsberg ad Ekblad have spots locked down already.

Yeah I think Calder is Forsberg's to lose this year since he's been consistently in the discussion from the start of the year through.
Everyone else gets talked about at different points. Even Gaudreau didn't really enter the discussion until closer to mid-season.

Also remember 'nominated' really only means that you finished top three in voting. I'm sure Stone will definitely get on some ballots in the top 5.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
Michalek has played well for the last while and looks pretty good with Turris and Stone. Another 2 points tonight and he has 13 point and a +6 in the last 15 games.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Stone isn't flashy enough.

And after the shenanigans at the All-Star Game, I'm sure those lazy hockey writers will easily remember Gaudreau.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah I think Calder is Forsberg's to lose this year since he's been consistently in the discussion from the start of the year through.
Everyone else gets talked about at different points. Even Gaudreau didn't really enter the discussion until closer to mid-season.

Also remember 'nominated' really only means that you finished top three in voting. I'm sure Stone will definitely get on some ballots in the top 5.

Ekblad deserves it. He is creeping up on #4 for best 18 year old season for a D.

But yes, I think Forsberg gets it.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

Yeah, our small guys are strong on the puck. And that works really well against teams like the Habs.

And then you look at Weircioch, Cowen, Gryba and wonder how they can be so big and cough up the puck so much when you see Pageau or Prince hanging on successfully.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Michalek has played well for the last while and looks pretty good with Turris and Stone. Another 2 points tonight and he has 13 point and a +6 in the last 15 games.

Yip, you gotta give props to Michalek. He's found a groove. Hopefully it continues. This gives us solid 2 lines. The JGP line was great today, so maybe (if) when Mac comes back you put him with Legwand and Chiasson/Prince. Could work.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Yip, you gotta give props to Michalek. He's found a groove. Hopefully it continues. This gives us solid 2 lines. The JGP line was great today, so maybe (if) when Mac comes back you put him with Legwand and Chiasson/Prince. Could work.

Speaking of Mac, don't suppose any post-game comments were made relating to him?

Still only see 'undisclosed injury' for his report.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Agreed.

I love watching him play. Smarts, speed and tenacity. His skill level is pretty darn good too. That line dominated tonight in terms of possession. Lazar was a really good fit with Condra and Pageau. Just a great bottom six trio.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Wait...I just want to know.

Are we still classless? No rispek?

Ahh its always great beating those whiny teenagers from Montreal. Karlsson' with another 2 points tonight. Awesome

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Why did Prince get benched in the 3rd? Just game management or something else?

We seemed to be playing great rolling 4 lines against MTL and then we just stopped in the 3rd period .

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Don Brennan @SunDoniB
Expect winger Matt Puempel to be called up by #sens as soon as Saturday

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Amen to that. Michalek is a streaky, but he's a great player when he's on his game.

His confidence is definitely back, and he's found some chemistry with stone and turris

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
if theres one game where I put away the tank, OMFG I LOVE THIS TEAM. Who wants to see the new merch...... no one?

im gonna leave it here anyways....

1533913_10152518743647563_8185098330801710634_n.jpg

Quick question this is the next red I bought after my silfverberg, but the numbers are smaller on the sleeve on this jersey then they were for Silfs, I paid over 200$ for both of them at official retailers.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Originally Posted by Benny FTW
Mark Stone is pretty good

better than turris imo

Although Stone may end up being a better point scorer this comparison doesn't make sense. Stone plays wing and Turris plays centre so why try to elevate one over the other they are not competing for the same job. They are both good players at their position. Comparing Stone to Chiasson Condra, Ryan or other potential wingers and Turris to Z-Bad, Legwand, Pageau or other potential centres would make more sense.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Even though i was mainly expecting a blow out, i kind of had a small feeling in the back of my head that Hammond would come in and have a great game tonight.

First NHL start against a historic franchise. He was most likely really motivated.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Good. I guess he's saving his best for the call up with that -3 performance today in a 4-3 win.

I actually don't think Puempel deserves a call up but I guess they want to see what he can do before making some trades.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I actually don't think Puempel deserves a call up but I guess they want to see what he can do before making some trades.

Yeah, he doesn't deserve a call up. I would have given Prince a couple more games, if it's true that he's replacing him.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I'd love to see Wideman up here. Another 3 assists today. 6 points in 3 games. Running away in the defencemen scoring race.
The way our bottom-5 defencemen play makes it easy to slide him in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad