GDT: Habs/Sens (Tonight @ 7:30PM on RDS & TSN5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Why is Armia cemented in his spot? Sure, he's good at possession and board play, but you need results. He's not creating much scoring chances with his qualities, and let's not forget that he's on every PP. At a certain point, you need results. He should be the one on the 4th line and not glued to KK's wing.
One of the few large forwards capable of wearing down opposing D...he is a great 3rd Liner

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
But they compete for a spot and it’s probably there last chance

Yeah, agreed with you and Tyson. Hudon and Peca are in an do something now mode. Not particularly impressed with either.

Hudon in particular — 17 pounds lighter, great advice from a qualified trainer this summer — make it mean something dude.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I want to have my NHL team the fastest possible. They did ok and that’s why they play tonight but next week I want my real NHL team with the players that have a real chance to play in the opening night.

I think we’ll see more cuts by Sunday and a roster closer to a real NHL team with the AHL camp opening next week.

Reactions: Vachon23

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Not gonna be easy for KK with those wingers

I think even Crosby would struggle with this quality of wingers. An AHLer and a (average offensively) 3rd line player (who is a 3rd line player mostly because he is big and a good fore-checker kind like Eller just not as good offensively in my book). But hey gotta earn your spot. Gotta be a good person.

Reactions: habsfan891

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
The Sens are icing a pretty decent roster tonight. It should be a good test for some of our players.

Most Sens fans seem to think this will be an easy W for them.

Suzuki and Kotka playing in the same game... first time right? No tweets this time, they'll be able to chirp/congratulate each other on the bench.

Also, I hate that Brady Tkachuk will be blasting down our D zone and of course I'd want him on my team. Just have to say **** him, he's bad news.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I want to have my NHL team the fastest possible. They did ok and that’s why they play tonight but next week I want my real NHL team with the players that have a real chance to play in the opening night.

imo Leskinen is ahead of Reilly on the depth chart. It's important that he's ready to go in case of injury. I'd keep him through the end of camp and send him down to get playing time in Laval. I'd then call him up if there's an injury to a LD.

Or, he may beat out Chiarot. Let's see how they each do tonight.

Varone, Evans, and Belzile could jump ahead of Hudon and Peca for first call up.

But yeah, after tonight the main purpose of the final 3 games should be to find the right line combos among the best 12 forwards - and to determine who will play with Petry and who will play with Fleury ;).

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think even Crosby would struggle with this quality of wingers. An AHLer and a (average offensively) 3rd line player (who is a 3rd line player mostly because he is big and a good fore-checker kind like Eller just not as good offensively in my book). But hey gotta earn your spot. Gotta be a good person.

Honestly, I feel bad for Hudon that he's getting his tryout next to Armia.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
imo Leskinen is ahead of Reilly on the depth chart. It's important that he's ready to go in case of injury. I'd keep him through the end of camp and send him down to get playing time in Laval. I'd then call him up if there's an injury to a LD.

Or, he may beat out Chiarot. Let's see how they each do tonight.

Varone, Evans, and Belzile could jump ahead of Hudon and Peca for first call up.

But yeah, after tonight the main purpose of the final 3 games should be to find the right line combos among the best 12 forwards - and to determine who will play with Petry and who will play with Fleury ;).

Leskinen is not ahead of Reilly and no he won’t beat Chiarot and It’s not even close. He’s AHL caliber that faced AHL players during the camp. For the call up, They will probably trade for a defenseman before calling him up if there is alote of injuries. Maybe next year for him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This is a juicy preseason lineup.... It just sucks that poehling is hurt.

Still, we get to focus on Suzuki, Evans, Fleury, and leskinen tonight.

Yes, those are the 4 big ones. For me I also want to see if Chiarot can be better than Leskinen.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Leskinen is not ahead of Reilly and no he won’t beat Chiarot and It’s not even close. He’s AHL caliber that faced AHL players during the camp. For the call up, They will probably trade for a defenseman before calling him up if there is alote of injuries. Maybe next year for him.

God has spoken.

I'll wait until I've seen them play more to make a call.

Reactions: Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Logical has spoken .. Leskinen won’t beat Chiarot and it’s not even a discussion.. it’s like saying mmm Evans may beat Danault for a spot

Yes that's exactly what it's saying....

At least we've been watching Danault and Evans for 3-4 years, whereas we've seen very little of Chiarot and Leskinen...

Perhaps it will turn out to be closer to saying Leskinen may be out Benn, or Mete may beat out Schlemko and Alzner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad