Not Chairot - Not Chairot
Not Chairot - Not Chairot
Chairot - Not Chairot

A prime example of the dangers of copy pasting :laugh:

Reactions: abo9

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
I always liked Danault but he's a 3rd or 4th liner. He really has no business playing on the top line. It's the coach's fault for deploying him in that manner. I see a lot of people angry with him for his lack of production, but the real issue is he just doesn't have the required skill set for that role. And the same applies to other players in the lineup.

We're better off just running with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi down the middle as 1C and 2C because that's what they're projected to become.

I predicted a loss to Ottawa but I forgot we're getting them on the 2nd night of a back-to-back. If we can't win that game, we're truly in trouble.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lol is Ducharme trying to be a big brain again like how he did in OT against the Jets? Going for the element of surprise? Break up Chiarot-Weber, play Allen and take Danault off that f***ing line for christ sake. No, I'm not expecting us to light the league on fire again with these changes, but what we have and had for the past bit isn't working at all.

Reactions: habsfan891

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Had a ton of prominent actors on that show. Hugh Laurie(Dr House) Mr Bean of course, Stephen Fry(V for Vendetta and a lot more), Miranda Richardson(Rita Skeeter, harry potter), Tony Robinson, Robbie Coltrane(Hagrid), Brian Blessed, The late great Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson (full bottom). Haven't seen it in a long time.

Yeah, absolutely classic comedy. Loved it! CBC used to show British shows Saturdays at one time. I think it played at 10 am. Was part of my Saturday morning routine.

And, yes, the cast is f***ing amazing. Who's who of 80s/90s British comedy. They all went on to do great things too.

Ditto with the writers. Richard Curtis went on to write Love Actually and Four Weddings and a Funeral.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I played goal and I get the "being in the right frame of mind" thing, but why does it seem this guy needs frequent resets to do his job? Thats a huge warning sign in my book.
I also played a goalie back in Russia/USSR since I was five and until I was 16. In my case I got better the more I played. We had these odd cases of two consecutive games one immediately after another and I always did better in the second game. (i'd start them both) If my memory serves me right, I registered 12 shotouts in the second games. Of course, level of competition was nothing like the NHL, but it was still guys hammering slap shots at me at times.

Over in Canada I played RW for Concordia's hockey team for two years until my knee completely gave out. Hockey is a lot more physical in Canada, or at least it was back then, and I had a pre-existing kneecap injury from being a goalie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
0 changes lol..

I was less than enthused to see they were going with Ducharme honestly, he just doesnt look like hes got the stones for it, doesnt have a nathan mackinnon and doesnt have a stacked team canada roster lol..

There was a legit general concern he would RELY on Danault more of all people and so far...so bad..
I didn't see the ice time distribution the last game. I heard that 11 had the 4th least ice time for forwards? How about 24?

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
I didn't see the ice time distribution the last game. I heard that 11 had the 4th least ice time for forwards? How about 24?
Danault played 15:32. KK 14:48 and Evans 9:41. Top 3 most used forwards were Suzuki at 21:03, Drouin at 19:52, and Toffoli at 19:19.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Danault played 15:32. KK 14:48 and Evans 9:41. Top 3 most used forwards were Suzuki at 21:03, Drouin at 19:52, and Toffoli at 19:19.
Ok. And he played during PKs. Plus he was on the ice in OT. Which means he's playing 3rd line centre minutes 5 vs 5? Why is everybody pissed if it's the case? The OT was ridiculous, everybody is saying it. But take out that time on the ice, and he looks to have played like a 3rd liner. Which he is.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Ok. And he played during PKs. Plus he was on the ice in OT. Which means he's playing 3rd line centre minutes 5 vs 5? Why is everybody pissed if it's the case? The OT was ridiculous, everybody is saying it. But take out that time on the ice, and he looks to have played like a 3rd liner. Which he is.

BINGO!!

This is bang on... Danault is playing 3rd line minutes and taking key draws. Seems about right.

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
Exactly.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I also played a goalie back in Russia/USSR since I was five and until I was 16. In my case I got better the more I played. We had these odd cases of two consecutive games one immediately after another and I always did better in the second game. (i'd start them both) If my memory serves me right, I registered 12 shotouts in the second games. Of course, level of competition was nothing like the NHL, but it was still guys hammering slap shots at me at times.

Over in Canada I played RW for Concordia's hockey team for two years until my knee completely gave out. Hockey is a lot more physical in Canada, or at least it was back then, and I had a pre-existing kneecap injury from being a goalie.

Luckily for you, pre-existing conditions are not an issue in Canada. :sarcasm:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Matt Murray is playing vs Flames tonight. Joey Daccord is backuping up, expected to be the goalie tomorrow or Sens go back to Murray? Daccord has one career NHL start and a whole 20 mins this season.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Guys I think you got it all wrong

taking Danault off the first line is exactly what our opponents would think we would do

If our strength lies in our deph, and Danault's line outplays the elite of the NHL, the other teams should stop outscoring us

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Luckily for you, pre-existing conditions are not an issue in Canada. :sarcasm:
The worst hit I've ever taken was actually a friendly fire from a friend of mine who's a 6'4" defenseman. I cut to the middle in the offensive zone with my back to him while on a powerplay and it felt like I ran into a wall. He got me on the back of my knee unintentionally and I felt like my leg exploded. The pain was too much. I've skated since, but can't put nearly the same amount of pressure on my left leg anymore.

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Right now, I'd take Burrows over Tatar or Danault...

I know he played with the Sedin's, but I'm 95% certain that Alexandre Burrows best career year is the best amongst this roster. (I forgot Perry but is he relevant?). More goals than Gallagher's best, more points than Toffoli/Tatar's best.

So humm, what I'm trying to say is that I can't wait for our vets to show Suzuki and Kotkaniemi how to be dominant on the ice.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I played goal and I get the "being in the right frame of mind" thing, but why does it seem this guy needs frequent resets to do his job? Thats a huge warning sign in my book.

When Price started into the league, and then when he was at his best, people praised him nonstop for his calm demeanour and for exuding confidence. Nothing seemed to bother him

Seems like he's lost that, and with it a big advantage on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad