Rumor: Habs scouting Ilya Mikheyev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
David Pagnotta is the most uniformed “insider” and it’s really not even close.

Friedman is no McKenzie or LeBrun but he has legitimate connections.

If by 'legitimate' you mean scouring message boards for gossip, then ok. You don't hop from being a hangaround at the Raptors, to the NHL and have a plethora of hockey connections. At least that dope Kypreos probably has connections to teams still, he played the game long enough. CBC made him an 'insider' out of the blue, he has no real connection to the game, neither does Dredger.

LeBrun has connection in the east, no doubt. Bobby Mack certainly has people talking in his ear. I mean, you may be correct, I just don't see it. He's too much of a dolt to have people bending his ear, unless its for spreading false info to drum up demand on a player.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
This stuff about CJ and Russians is a baseless inside joke, right ?

I mean we lost Sergachev because MB wanted the dazzlingly skilled Quebecois LW, and so CJ had nothing to do with that.

We lost Markov and Rads because of MBs ego, so again CJ had nothing to do with that.

In terms of Emelin, I liked him but I know many didnt because he did make mistakes. Left unprotected.

As for Scherbak, we have not seen anything specific by CJ towards him that is an issue, have we ?

So this is an Urban Myth, or is this actually based on something ?

Don't know, but I suspect it might be because of this :

bergevinjulienventriloquist.jpg

Reactions: Rapala

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'd go all hipster on you and tell you that you're not doing it right if you don't play the game on the original console but an actual SNES might not be easy to find these days !

That game was so freaking good. I remember recieving a huge map of the game. I spent a whole day trying to figure out glitches and eventually found a way to get the tempered sword early. That shit was awesome.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015

I mean we lost Sergachev because MB wanted the dazzlingly skilled Quebecois LW, and so CJ had nothing to do with that.

We lost Markov and Rads because of MBs ego, so again CJ had nothing to do with that.

In terms of Emelin, I liked him but I know many didnt because he did make mistakes. Left unprotected.

As for Scherbak, we have not seen anything specific by CJ towards him that is an issue, have we ?

Not to mention all the Russians he had on his Bruin teams.....:sarcasm:

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Friedman in his 31 Thoughts wrote that Habs are interested in Mikheyev and Artyom Zub. Mikheyev is a RW (but shoots left) and Zub is a defensemen, shoots right, but don't know if he plays both sides. Mikheyev will turn 24 and Zub will turn 23, both of them in October.
Try em out! They sound promising and we have the opportunity to take a chance on these kind of guys for the next couple years. Never know when you'll find a gem.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

I don't think anyone can actually imply or prove anything but to lose Radulov, Markov, Sergachev, Emelin, Galchenyuk , some of our best players in just over 2 years all being Russian is clearly just a fluke. It's not really the purge that it appears to be.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't think anyone can actually imply or prove anything but to lose Radulov, Markov, Sergachev, Emelin, Galchenyuk , some of our best players in just over 2 years all being Russian is clearly just a fluke. It's not really the purge that it appears to be.

Well the thing is that MB would have to be part of it , and then why draft Romanov ?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Well the thing is that MB would have to be part of it , and then why draft Romanov ?
It gives me hope for the future if you know what I mean. I seriously have always been a fan of Russian players can't help it. I felt great about Ovi winning the cup more than I ever did for Crosby but that might just be me.

Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It gives me hope for the future if you know what I mean. I seriously have always been a fan of Russian players can't help it. I felt great about Ovi winning the cup more than I ever did for Crosby but that might just be me.

No, not just you. I'm the same. My top 5 favorite players are all Russians (Markov, Bure, Kovalchuk, Kovalev, Kuznetsov).

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
No, not just you. I'm the same. My top 5 favorite players are all Russians (Markov, Bure, Kovalchuk, Kovalev, Kuznetsov).
I really like Ovechkin, easy going dude likes to party:laugh:, hits like a truck and shoots a puck like it was released from the barrel of gun an every mans superstar who does not take it all too seriously. I really liked the Russian rocket, love Radulov and Tarasenko, Datsyuk andGeno Malkin and I cant forget Fedorov, a player that Bowman once played on D because he was so good.
Scotty Bowman: Sergei Fedorov ‘could have been an all-star defenseman’

Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I really like Ovechkin, easy going dude likes to party:laugh:, hits like a truck and shoots a puck like it was released from the barrel of gun an every mans superstar who does not take it all too seriously. I really liked the Russian rocket, love Radulov and Tarasenko, Datsyuk andGeno Malkin and I cant forget Fedorov, a player that Bowman once played on D because he was so good.
Scotty Bowman: Sergei Fedorov ‘could have been an all-star defenseman’

Damn, forgot Datsyuk ! He's actually my favorite player ever :laugh:. Big fan of Fedorov, Malkin and Ovechkin too.

Reactions: OldCraig71

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I was happy for Ovie also. Guy is one of the greatest players, but that would have been diminished somewhat without a Cup. Great personality also, so yeah wanted him to score one.

Markov and Kovalev are 2 of my all time favourite Habs. Markov was just tremendous and so consistent over so many years, no brainer, And his demeanor... .shut up Markie
, loved him.

Kovalev was not here that long, and it's not like he had year after year of tremendous success, but the talent. This man was just a wizard with the puck and you could put him next to anybody. One of the most skilled players to wear a Habs uni. Was just shear joy watching such a talent in the tricolours. We have had 2 players in like 30 years who could make you jump out of your seat, him and PK.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Wow, didn't even know this existed. Been only looking at Battlefield and RPGs in recent years. Thanks for the heads up.

I hacked it, very easy, and I have a ton of games for Nes, genesis and GBA. You can even play Neo-Geo apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad