Rumor: Habs scouting Ilya Mikheyev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
David Pagnotta is the most uniformed “insider” and it’s really not even close.

Translation of "Pagnotta" into English: A loaf. :sarcasm:

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed and has proven to be unreliable time and again.

His best fail was the time he thought he had breaking news on a developing story and tweeted it as fact. And then, when it didn't materialize, he followed it up with a tweet about how he had "jumped the gun."

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The only case I can think of which goes against CJ's anti russian narrative is Andrei Markov.

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
The only case I can think of which goes against CJ's anti russian narrative is Andrei Markov.

Anti Russian narrative? Markov was old often injured the contract talks with Markov and Montreal is irrelevant Markov choice going back to Russia time to move on.
With what Montreal has as of now is impressive but still needs improvement which I think could be addressed with a couple of players from the Russian players as stated here or if there record continues to the trade deadline MB could address at the benefit of a lesser team in the standing.
Keep it up Marc B I am impressed.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Production about the same as Jiri Sekac over the past two seasons.

Although, I did like Sekac at the time.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Anti Russian narrative? Markov was old often injured the contract talks with Markov and Montreal is irrelevant Markov choice going back to Russia time to move on.
With what Montreal has as of now is impressive but still needs improvement which I think could be addressed with a couple of players from the Russian players as stated here or if there record continues to the trade deadline MB could address at the benefit of a lesser team in the standing.
Keep it up Marc B I am impressed.

I'm a bit confused with your response. The tone seems to suggest that you disagree with me, yet you seem to agree that markov does not fit the case of an anti Russian narrative,

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Ok, so is there actual adults who believe Claude is anti Russians?
For sure . That's don't you know that Claude forced Arizona to select Emelin instead of Hudon . That he forced Radulov to sign with Dallas for a similar offer than the one of Bergevin and that he force Markov to refuse the offer he received ?

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
I'm a bit confused with your response. The tone seems to suggest that you disagree with me, yet you seem to agree that markov does not fit the case of an anti Russian narrative,
Andrei Markov left old and often injured Markov wouldn't have helped last year or even this year. The only good thing Montreal did this year is stay in the middle of the pack holding a playoff position. Montreal now holds the option of being buyers rather then sellers. Who they pick up could be something from the NHL or anyone of the two Russian players depending what is better and offered.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Andrei Markov left old and often injured Markov wouldn't have helped last year or even this year. The only good thing Montreal did this year is stay in the middle of the pack holding a playoff position. Montreal now holds the option of being buyers rather then sellers. Who they pick up could be something from the NHL or anyone of the two Russian players depending what is better and offered.

Okay, so you agree that he doesn't fit the narrative.

Keep in mind that I wasn't even thinking about markov's departure under Julien when I came up with this post.

I was thinking of the younger Markov who just beginning to find his place as a very good NHL dman in the mid 2000s.

I don't recall any friction being reported between CJ and Markov back then.

Reactions: BabyPanda

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Andrei Markov left old and often injured Markov wouldn't have helped last year or even this year.

And what crystal ball did you pull that out of? Markov would definitely have helped us out last year IMHO. Then again we wouldn't have made the playoffs probably and definitely wouldn't have gotten Kotkaniemi.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
For sure . That's don't you know that Claude forced Arizona to select Emelin instead of Hudon . That he forced Radulov to sign with Dallas for a similar offer than the one of Bergevin and that he force Markov to refuse the offer he received ?

The whole anti Russian thing is pure BS. I'm sure the org doesnt care where a guy is from if he can help them win. This Russian thing is so silly.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Don't know the player, still, now's the time to try. If it works, cool, if it doesn't, who cares?
Fans are so harsh on the organisation. I don't think it could be a "who cares?" kind of thing if Bergevin signed a guy and it didn't work out. Every mistake he makes is AMPLIFIED and as if he was the worst GM ever. Really, the team is doing well but could use some improvement. Giving the player a chance could be fine, but expect fans to go over the top if it doesn't.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

I've watched Markov a bit this year and last... I'm glad we didn't give him the contract he was asking for. Fans would be sad if he came back, he isn't the same player as when he left. Schlemko gets a lot of hate right now and Markov is slower than he is right now.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I've watched Markov a bit this year and last... I'm glad we didn't give him the contract he was asking for. Fans would be sad if he came back, he isn't the same player as when he left. Schlemko gets a lot of hate right now and Markov is slower than he is right now.
Markov was slower than Schlemko with the Habs too. His speed isn't what we're missing, it's his God like abilities on the pp.

Reactions: Fixxer

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Arizona??

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Markov was slower than Schlemko with the Habs too. His speed isn't what we're missing, it's his God like abilities on the pp.

His pass speed is gone now too, he would be the worst dman on the team this year.

He's 40, he looks like a 40 year old when he plays nowadays. We aren't missing him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad