Rumor: Habs scouting Ilya Mikheyev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yeah I'm pretty sure Julien ain't gonna go for that :laugh: . The kid really is decent though, he played well at the WC last year. He's got a good frame and pretty good hands.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Friedman in his 31 Thoughts wrote that Habs are interested in Mikheyev and Artyom Zub. Mikheyev is a RW (but shoots left) and Zub is a defensemen, shoots right, but don't know if he plays both sides. Mikheyev will turn 24 and Zub will turn 23, both of them in October.
ZUB!!!!! Me, my best friend and my best Leb friend have been calling each other Zub since I was 18......not the best name to have :laugh:

Reactions: 417

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Friedman in his 31 Thoughts wrote that Habs are interested in Mikheyev and Artyom Zub. Mikheyev is a RW (but shoots left) and Zub is a defensemen, shoots right, but don't know if he plays both sides. Mikheyev will turn 24 and Zub will turn 23, both of them in October.

The most uninformed insider is spitting out Montreal rumors again? Awesome.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
You mean trading Sergachev, a 1st, and more for Duchene? Sorry, I rather us keep our 1st and 2nd round picks.... even that year.
oh i fully agree on that. that one. but even alex burrows would have been better then the dead weight we got that year

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
oh i fully agree on that. that one. but even alex burrows would have been better then the dead weight we got that year

I remember wanting Burrows but he had a full NTC and was looking for an extension. Sens also gave up Dahlen who looks like a very good prospect. We would of had to give up who that compares to Dahlen at that point in time? Comes down to guys like Mete, Juulsen, Scherbak, Hudon I believe.

Pretty sure Bergevin was in on Burrows but only if the price was right. I respect that he was not willing to mortgage the future. There was no player available that we could of got that gave us a cup... including Duchene.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
This stuff about CJ and Russians is a baseless inside joke, right ?

I mean we lost Sergachev because MB wanted the dazzlingly skilled Quebecois LW, and so CJ had nothing to do with that.

We lost Markov and Rads because of MBs ego, so again CJ had nothing to do with that.

In terms of Emelin, I liked him but I know many didnt because he did make mistakes. Left unprotected.

As for Scherbak, we have not seen anything specific by CJ towards him that is an issue, have we ?

So this is an Urban Myth, or is this actually based on something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->