Habs score 10 goals against Detroit

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
That Benn goal was really something, absolutely wide open with all the time in the world to take a shot
Yeah I was at the game and a lot of people just couldn' believe it. The second goal too along with the DLR goal...just pitiful coverage defensively. The only real soft one was Byrons third and it was against a cold Howard.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Nope.Nope. He should be fired because he isn't an NHL head coach and wouldn't have a job as one if it weren't for Detroit. I don't think the guy should get to keep his job he isn't qualified for just because the roster is crap.

Explain yourself. Break down Blashills system and tell us what type of changes you would make to get the most out of this current lineup.

I'm really excited to see your extensive knowledge that makes you qualified to judge the quality of coaches at the pro levels.

Don't try to beat around the bush here with some stupid meaningless opinions that any average Joe who is clueless about hockey could form either.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
No one has started a 'Will Blashill be fired?' thread yet? I would think he is most likely to be fired this year, ahead of the popular MB threads about the Canadiens coach getting the axe.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Explain yourself. Break down Blashills system and tell us what type of changes you would make to get the most out of this current lineup.

I'm really excited to see your extensive knowledge that makes you qualified to judge the quality of coaches at the pro levels.

Don't try to beat around the bush here with some stupid meaningless opinions that any average Joe who is clueless about hockey could form either.
The players have quit on the coach. Do you think that's a good reason? Howard just gave up as it was obvious on the last couple of goals. He dialed it in. Numerous fans including Wings fans themselves stated in explicit terms, that there was no emotion, nothing. Is that ever a reason to fire a coach in the NHL or any sport? C'mon, wake up, man. Get some smelling salts if you need to. :)

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
The Wings fans probably hope it was the last one for Mrazek in their uniform.

Seriously though, can't blame on goalies for this massacre. I have probably never seen a sloppier team than the Wings last night.
That's on the coach. Did he take a time out? Was there any difference on the ice and they still struggled? No, they were sloppy throughout, right? It was consistently bad for the entire game. Holland is awful as a GM but how often do franchises get rid of BOTH the GM AND Coach? They probably should go and start fresh with them both gone? Ask Wings fans.... I suspect that is what they advocate.

The Wings have a new arena and lots of people are not showing up. They're fortunate that this 10-1 game didn't happen there.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Hmm.. Did Holland lose his mojo or what exactly happend to him? Don't know much about Blashill, so juding him wouldn't make much sense..

Good teams have good GM's, bad teams have bad GM's. When Detroit was good, Holland was good, now that they're bad, he's bad.

Nothing to do with the generally cyclical nature of hockey franchises.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Losing 1-10 without even starting a minor brawl? No emotions no nothing. Kind of obvious you just don't care..

I think a lot of the players saw this as an opportunity once it got a bit ugly after the 4th goal. No Red Wing came in wanting to lose, but once the game was all but over early in the 2nd, a lot of players probably just stopped caring.

It’s been very clear to any Wings fan not living in Denial that the players don’t respect Blash and haven’t since his first season.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I called for Trashill to be fired in the off season. Hes big thing was how good he was with the kids! Then in the off season we find out the kids can't stand him. He backs that up with sitting kids and calling them out by name after games. I think what you are seeing is a team actively showing the so called GM the coach is done and we no longer will play for him sorry for all you Trashill lovers hes done in this city.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Montreal looks to be bouncing back big time. Got to wonder if Price was playing injured in October. You know what's neat? It was 22 yrs. yesterday that Patrick Roy played his last game in Montreal for the Canadiens following a blowout by Detroit. Montreal returned the favour last night.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
The players have quit on the coach. Do you think that's a good reason? Howard just gave up as it was obvious on the last couple of goals. He dialed it in. Numerous fans including Wings fans themselves stated in explicit terms, that there was no emotion, nothing. Is that ever a reason to fire a coach in the NHL or any sport? C'mon, wake up, man. Get some smelling salts if you need to. :)

I forgot that all teams play all out until the very end when the game is already out of reach. You are right, the Wings were certainly trying to send a message that they want Blashill gone. That is exactly what happened.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact the Wings roster sucks and their future is currently hopeless. All of which of course is Blashills fault right? Players certainly want to give their all to teams that have no chance of winning or a future, which once again, is certainly on the coach.

Some people around here are geniuses

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
The wings don't seem to have much in the will power department, they made us look like the 80s Oilers in the last 2 games.

Which is the most sickening thing about this. For all the "Red Wings culture" crap we hear no one is showing emotion except for WTF looks.

No one has started a 'Will Blashill be fired?' thread yet? I would think he is most likely to be fired this year, ahead of the popular MB threads about the Canadiens coach getting the axe.
Most of us DRW fans expect Holland to not do anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad